Extremely unhappy Montana owner right now!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 08:39 AM
Fentonjoe
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at least the quality check girls are cute, lol

Old 04-13-2017, 09:22 AM
SRBF150
Laughing Gas
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Fentonjoe
at least the quality check girls are cute, lol
That was my take away as well. The rest of the pitch is not genuine.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:53 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 81 Likes on 16 Posts
Took a while, but here we are going back into one of our favorite campgrounds.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:17 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 997 Posts
Have a fun week, Monty! Crossed fingers here!

Old 04-23-2017, 06:19 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Good evening guys. We are home from our trip that we've waited on and wondering if we were going to have the camper back in time. The week had perfect temps in the mid to high 70s mostly and one day in the mid 80s. The AC problems continue in sort. With the unit being in the shade except for about two hours a day, the AC units kept the rig at temps ranging in the mid to higher 60s. They were set on 63* and left alone except for the front unit. My wife cannot sleep with the unit on high as she freezes, so at night, the front AC unit was turned to the LO setting at 63*. The unit would stay on for about 3 minutes and then turn off, and would not ever come back on unless the thermostat was turned off and the then restarted. After day two of this, I came home and looked at the work order I had from Keystone and guess what was not done. You guessed it! The AC units were never looked at according to what I was sent from them. The new vents were put in, the ducts re-taped and that's it! There is not mention of the unit being taken to the heat bay as I was told it would be in the pre-work forms. So, it is very possible that the AC unit problems may persist this summer
Also, in the work order it states that one of the basement doors leaked during the "15 minute" water test that was conducted on the unit, and that door was repaired. On the original work order, the unit was supposed to go to the rain bay for at least an hour. Anyway, it rained twice this week and the left front basement door leaked into the basement floor both times. The weather stripping is pulled off of the door at the top by the door closing each time. Something else the dealer will deal with this week.
Other than these two items, we had a great trip. No flex in the nose, but I've only towed it less than 100 miles since getting it back. So that is still up in the air as well.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:03 PM
CaptnJohn
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not perfect as it should be, but better...

Old 04-23-2017, 10:29 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn
Not perfect as it should be, but better...
Yeah, but it this case "better" absolutely SUCKS and they have had more than enough chance to make it right. There is no silver lining at this point. It's just a major screwing by Keystone over and over.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:46 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Q

Originally Posted by RV_Tech
When I was trying to figure out why my back wall was delamining on my Keystone product I found they had shorted the rubber on the roof so it did not extend all the way over the edge of the back wall. Covered it with caulk so you couldn't tell it without removing the caulk. Just another example of the industry. I'll fix it, but it is a nuisance for sure.

Steve
===
Hey Steve
What sort of caulking did you use? I have a similar issue on mine at the back top. They failed to seal the roof ridge edge with caulk. The front end has the gray hard caulk. Looks like good Caulk I would love to find out what that is and seal it myself.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:51 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by golfmedik
Good evening guys. We are home from our trip that we've waited on and wondering if we were going to have the camper back in time. The week had perfect temps in the mid to high 70s mostly and one day in the mid 80s. The AC problems continue in sort. With the unit being in the shade except for about two hours a day, the AC units kept the rig at temps ranging in the mid to higher 60s. They were set on 63* and left alone except for the front unit. My wife cannot sleep with the unit on high as she freezes, so at night, the front AC unit was turned to the LO setting at 63*. The unit would stay on for about 3 minutes and then turn off, and would not ever come back on unless the thermostat was turned off and the then restarted. After day two of this, I came home and looked at the work order I had from Keystone and guess what was not done. You guessed it! The AC units were never looked at according to what I was sent from them. The new vents were put in, the ducts re-taped and that's it! There is not mention of the unit being taken to the heat bay as I was told it would be in the pre-work forms. So, it is very possible that the AC unit problems may persist this summer
Also, in the work order it states that one of the basement doors leaked during the "15 minute" water test that was conducted on the unit, and that door was repaired. On the original work order, the unit was supposed to go to the rain bay for at least an hour. Anyway, it rained twice this week and the left front basement door leaked into the basement floor both times. The weather stripping is pulled off of the door at the top by the door closing each time. Something else the dealer will deal with this week.
Other than these two items, we had a great trip. No flex in the nose, but I've only towed it less than 100 miles since getting it back. So that is still up in the air as well.
=======
I have came to expect this with the repair shops. Seems like they always miss or forget something.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:55 AM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 457 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by DRRXR
===
Hey Steve
What sort of caulking did you use? I have a similar issue on mine at the back top. They failed to seal the roof ridge edge with caulk. The front end has the gray hard caulk. Looks like good Caulk I would love to find out what that is and seal it myself.
i used Dicor self-leveling. I took the aluminum trim off, bent a piece of aluminum sheet in my brake. I slid that up under rubber roof and down over the back edge. Then caulked it all in, put the trim back on, and caulked that. When I get time I will rebuild the entire back wall. I already purchased wallboard for the inside to match the existing and redid that so yo would never know there was water damage in one spot

Old 04-27-2017, 08:59 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Thumbs up Thanks

Originally Posted by RV_Tech
i used Dicor self-leveling. I took the aluminum trim off, bent a piece of aluminum sheet in my brake. I slid that up under rubber roof and down over the back edge. Then caulked it all in, put the trim back on, and caulked that. When I get time I will rebuild the entire back wall. I already purchased wallboard for the inside to match the existing and redid that so yo would never know there was water damage in one spot
======
Appreciate the info.
Found it
Amazon Amazon

Old 04-28-2017, 10:07 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Funny how things change when you call the manufacturer BEFORE AND AFTER you have a problem. Took them months to answer the phone when I had the problem, now they will not answer the phone or the emails since I got it back. Their story, before we got it back, was you'll have to have the unit back before we can extend the warranty of make "loss of use" payments to you. Well, I knew this was coming, but it still pisses me off, they've not answered any of the emails or calls since last week. Have not heard a word other than when I called them about the rear hitch being bent. NOTHING. Since I have my rig back, I'm about to show my @$$ if they don't respond!

Old 04-28-2017, 12:41 PM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 457 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by golfmedik
Funny how things change when you call the manufacturer BEFORE AND AFTER you have a problem. Took them months to answer the phone when I had the problem, now they will not answer the phone or the emails since I got it back. Their story, before we got it back, was you'll have to have the unit back before we can extend the warranty of make "loss of use" payments to you. Well, I knew this was coming, but it still pisses me off, they've not answered any of the emails or calls since last week. Have not heard a word other than when I called them about the rear hitch being bent. NOTHING. Since I have my rig back, I'm about to show my @$$ if they don't respond!
Don't worry. If they ever do respond, be assured someone will ask you why you didn't call sooner. Every time I go through something like this i am reminded "nice guys finish last". Sucks, but it's true!

Old 04-28-2017, 01:43 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
I foresee a road trip is in you future to Indiana

Old 04-28-2017, 01:52 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
Just hire someone to break kneecaps..........

Not really.......Sounds fun though......

Quick Reply: Extremely unhappy Montana owner right now!