1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Help please!! 18 codes after I shorted my battery accidently

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 11:43 AM
paradox78
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please!! 18 codes after I shorted my battery accidently

I am forever in your debt if anyone can help me find the problem.

I have a 2000 F-150 supercab with a 4.6 in it and I am having all kinds of problems after accidentally shorting the battery positive post to the negative power for several seconds. The series of events is as follows.

The previous owner must have had an amplifier installed or whatever for a car stereo the empire was left in the engine compartment and while doing routine maintenance accidentally arced it across the + & - battery posts where is moving around and arced for over ten seconds st least.

Now when I fired the truck up after this had opened the same title fine maybe a slight Miss but it idles fine. However whenever you lay into the throttle even when in park it just cuts out and has a severe misfire is what it seems like. It seems like several cylinders are dead. Along with this the overdrive off light is flashing constantly. Now when I put the truck into gear and drive the the damn thing just spiders and spits and barely takes off and doesn't improve at all it never shift out of second gear and it barely runs at all just sputters and spits the whole way down the road.

Here's what's been done. I assumed it was an ECU problem so I went to the salvage yard and pulled one from donor vehicle same year same Powertrain it was actually an expedition but other than that it was the same I then flat bed the truck to the Ford dealership to have the ECU reflash do to the fact that it would turn over but never start after installing the new ECU from the donor vehicle. I picked it up today from the Ford dealership and surprise surprise I still have all of the same problem. So the ECU was obviously not the problem. This morning I have proceeded to replace every fuse and relay in the entire vehicle. And still my problems remain. So now I have plug in my CP 9185 Actron Elite Auto scanner and pulled the codes of which it had 18 of. Now I am leaning towards the fact that it's probably not all 18 of these sensors or whatever burned out. However I don't know where to begin trying to track the problem down I have look for burnt wires not extensively but I've looked and I just don't know where to start so I'm asking for help hoping that maybe somebody knows whatever it may be that happens to cause all these codes after arcing the battery like I did. Here is the list of codes as they come across on my scanner tool.

P1747 pressure control solenoid"A" circuit short
P0750 shift solenoid "A" malfunction
P0755 shift solenoid "B" malfunction
P0743 torque converter circuit electrical
P0443 EVAP control system purge valve fault
P1451 EVAP control system vent control circuit malfunction
P0135 O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction 1/1
P0141 O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction 1/2
P0155 O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction 2/1
P0161 O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction 2/2
P1401 differential pressure feedback EGR ckt high input
P1549 intake manifold comm cntrl ckt error bank 1
P1000 OBD systems readiness test not complete
P0740 TCC circuit malfunction
P0753 shift solenoid "A" circuit electrical
P0758 shift solenoid "B" circuit electrical
P1760 pressure control solenoid "A" intermittent
circuit short
P1460 wide open throttle A/C cutout circuit malfunction

Old 07-12-2016, 02:53 PM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 874 Likes on 726 Posts
Old 07-19-2016, 05:03 AM
TruckinAL
Senior User
I agree you blew some fuses. Check all the fuses I mean every one there is maxi and mini under the hood and inside Passengers compartment you'll find some blown

Old 07-19-2016, 06:40 AM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Originally Posted by TruckinAL
I agree you blew some fuses. Check all the fuses I mean every one there is maxi and mini under the hood and inside Passengers compartment you'll find some blown
Do not waste time checking all the fuses, I already told him the SPECIFIC fuse that, if blown, will account for all of those error codes.

It really helps if you first understand how the system works, then give focused advice and instructions. Anyone can shotgun it and get lucky.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:15 AM
TruckinAL
Senior User
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
Do not waste time checking all the fuses, I already told him the SPECIFIC fuse that, if blown, will account for all of those error codes.

It really helps if you first understand how the system works, then give focused advice and instructions. Anyone can shotgun it and get lucky.

WELL EXCUSE THE HELL OUT OF ME! SO WHAT YOU SAY IS WRITEN IN STONE. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT. NEXT TIME YOU POST YOUR OPINION. WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THE MODS CLOSE THE THREAD . OPINIONS ARE JUST LIKE *******S YOU KNOW THE REST

Old 07-19-2016, 08:49 PM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
I posted a fact, not an opinion.

Like I said, if you understand how stuff works, your advice is actually valuable. If you do not know how stuff works, you usually give advice that's no better then fumbling around in the dark. It's readily apparent that you do not know how this system works as anyone who says to check all the fuses is simply shooting in the dark.

As my signature line so aptly states, “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain"

Good luck. Welcome to the ignore list.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:22 PM
Bluegrass 7
Lead Driver
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts
Be careful AL.
One fuse powers all those functions and would set all those codes if missing.
It's not opinion or guessing.
Good luck.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:06 AM
TruckinAL
Senior User
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
I posted a fact, not an opinion.

Like I said, if you understand how stuff works, your advice is actually valuable. If you do not know how stuff works, you usually give advice that's no better then fumbling around in the dark. It's readily apparent that you do not know how this system works as anyone who says to check all the fuses is simply shooting in the dark.

As my signature line so aptly states, “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain"

Good luck. Welcome to the ignore list.
(LOL)

You know there is no reason for you to talk to people like this . So once you state your fact or comment why don't you just have them close the thread . You're always right and everybody else is wrong. Ok so what you might be right. Does that mean you have to put somebody else down?

Sound like you missed your Meds today . Is this how you get your rocks off ? YOU NEED HELP PAL. And as far as the ignore list (LOL) Thanks because you've made it as well I will CERTAINTLY ignore your crazy psychotic A$$
You also sound like someone that has mental issues . Like you're using this forum to get attention you didn't get as a child . Usually guys like you suffer from other short comings as well, you know what I mean...LOL ?

If you attempt to answer this thread I have unsubscribed . You'll be ignored first

Old 07-20-2016, 04:13 PM
Hunt4Fun
Senior User
AL, too bad you feel as you do. Look at SHO post numbers and reputation. He has solved countless, complex issues for me personally. He knows what he is talking about. If you add him to your ignore list you just lost a great deal of good advice. But I respect that it is your choice.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:07 PM
TruckinAL
Senior User
Originally Posted by Hunt4Fun
AL, too bad you feel as you do. Look at SHO post numbers and reputation. He has solved countless, complex issues for me personally. He knows what he is talking about. If you add him to your ignore list you just lost a great deal of good advice. But I respect that it is your choice.

Thanks just the same. I don't care about his post numbers & his reputation all that is meaningless to me I've had cars and trucks for over 45yrs and I have had tough situations that I always found solutions to and work out .

If I go another 45+ I can live without his advise as I have been . The guys tripping. He will remain on my ignore list. For the ones that need his advise fine. I DON'T NEED IT. And I hope I remain on his ignore list as well . Thanks again