2017/Aluminum Bed/Box frame.... 5er Hitch????

Old 07-09-2016, 02:25 PM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017/Aluminum Bed/Box frame.... 5er Hitch????

Been away from Ford since 1988.... First new Ford and got my VIN the other day for a F350 dully. Not sure how to put it here.... Who makes a good In-Bed FWH for the new 17 that have the Aluminum Bed and Box Frame? Just trying to get it off my to-do list. Didn't order one with the truck. Been searching through the manufacturers with no luck. Am I too early or what?

Old 07-09-2016, 07:44 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 981 Posts
Look over the Ultimate Hitches here: I LOVE mine. Light to handle and STRONG! Very quiet to run too. It is SOOO much quieter than my old Reese. I am in mid 70's and even I can move this thing in and out of the truck easily . There are a few choices here you can make.

Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

Old 07-10-2016, 06:04 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Look over the Ultimate Hitches here: I LOVE mine. Light to handle and STRONG! Very quiet to run too. It is SOOO much quieter than my old Reese. I am in mid 70's and even I can move this thing in and out of the truck easily . There are a few choices here you can make.

Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
Nice! As this being my first 5er set up for the traveling experience.... I did order the in-bed wiring, towing package etc. As far as the Goose-Ball I don't remember if it was ordered or an order Delete. Anyway, Just in case, the bed rails, can I install them or is that a Pro-Install item? I'm somewhat handy with tools. The Vidio's seem to only show the Bed Rails already installed. That is why I ask. Thanks.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:30 AM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by HouseMouse
Nice! As this being my first 5er set up for the traveling experience.... I did order the in-bed wiring, towing package etc. As far as the Goose-Ball I don't remember if it was ordered or an order Delete. Anyway, Just in case, the bed rails, can I install them or is that a Pro-Install item? I'm somewhat handy with tools. The Vidio's seem to only show the Bed Rails already installed. That is why I ask. Thanks.

I'm somewhat confused in reading this.....................First post seemed like you didn't get 5th prep, and second post seems that you did. Did you order the 5th wheel prep package?

I'd imagine that they still use the Reese Elite system and that all existing Reese Elite stuff will work. But I have yet to see a 17 like most of us, so I don't know for sure. If it is still the Reese Elite system, all you do is drop your choice of puck hitch into the 4 pucks and turn the levers 90 degrees. No tools needed.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:42 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
I'm somewhat confused in reading this.....................First post seemed like you didn't get 5th prep, and second post seems that you did. Did you order the 5th wheel prep package?

I'd imagine that they still use the Reese Elite system and that all existing Reese Elite stuff will work. But I have yet to see a 17 like most of us, so I don't know for sure. If it is still the Reese Elite system, all you do is drop your choice of puck hitch into the 4 pucks and turn the levers 90 degrees. No tools needed.
Yes I did order the 5er prep package. Don't quite remember what comes with it other than the wiring... sorry. My Bad.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Super Duty DJ
More Turbo
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts
The fifth wheel prep package includes the under bed rails with the pucks sticking through the bed for you to mount a fifth wheel hitch and gooseneck ball into the proper pucks. It also includes the in-bed 7-way electrical plug. The Andersen that Bud mentioned would require purchasing a Reese Elite gooseneck ball to drop into the center puck, then simply attach the Andersen to that. Otherwise as noted, any of the fifth wheel hitches made for the Ford OEM system will be a drop in setup with no additional effort on your part to prepare for it.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:44 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Originally Posted by Super Duty DJ
The fifth wheel prep package includes the under bed rails with the pucks sticking through the bed for you to mount a fifth wheel hitch and gooseneck ball into the proper pucks. It also includes the in-bed 7-way electrical plug. The Andersen that Bud mentioned would require purchasing a Reese Elite gooseneck ball to drop into the center puck, then simply attach the Andersen to that. Otherwise as noted, any of the fifth wheel hitches made for the Ford OEM system will be a drop in setup with no additional effort on your part to prepare for it.
Ok, just looked up the "Ford Puck System". I like that. Plug-N-Play. Now I'll call Anderson Monday for a Dealer near me etc. Picking up the F350 in Fort Worth..... Hopefully, soon.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:50 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 981 Posts
Anderson can be ordered and shipped at no extra charge from Amazon. If you have PRIME, you'll have it in 2 days I believe.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:11 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,406 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Congrats and the Anderson seems to be the way to go.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:33 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Yes.... Anderson is the answer to so many concerns for me and others. Looked it up on Amazon.... Would like a complete package to go. Need to do a little more snooping about yet but, Anderson will be my go-to item. Just waiting on Ford to get me my f350!