1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Hillbilly Stretch-Limo (my 6-door Superduty project)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 04:19 PM
BioBurner
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd drive it!

Old 06-26-2018, 04:33 PM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by edjunior
Well, I can't say as I've ever heard of hair spray being used to fix a vehicle before. That's a first. Now you're gonna have everyone going out and keeping a can of hair spray in their Super Duties!! "Hey dude...what's with the hair spray?" "Uh, er, I used it to fix my engine. Yeah, that's it!"

We had a intercooler boot on our ladder truck that kept popping off. Where I sit when it pops off it sounds like the motor blew. Anyways I finally got it tight enough, hairspray was the next step. Just give it a little bit to tack that fixes the issue a lot of times.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:51 PM
redford
Received 1,564 Likes on 912 Posts
Well, I can't say as I've ever heard of hair spray being used to fix a vehicle before. That's a first. Now you're gonna have everyone going out and keeping a can of hair spray in their Super Duties!! "Hey dude...what's with the hair spray?" "Uh, er, I used it to fix my engine. Yeah, that's it!"
If it is stupid but it works, it ain't stupid.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:48 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
No argument there. I have been known to use a Wrigley gum wrapper in a fuse box to get me home before.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:27 AM
DogRidesInBack
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BioBurner
I'd drive it!
Trying to picture it with 37s...

Old 06-27-2018, 07:44 AM
JKru
Cargo Master
Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
It's not stretched, but how about some 46's?

Old 06-28-2018, 08:41 AM
King-bRanch
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought all Diesel guys new this trick, especially high boost applications

Old 06-28-2018, 11:45 AM
BioBurner
Elder User
Sometimes i feel like i won life's lottery. I have a gorgeous wife whom I adore and she tolerates my hairbrained schemes. I have 6 healthy children who idolize me and I adore. I have a house that my daughter called a mansion the first time she saw it. And I'm financially secure in spite of my ignorance to the laws of finance. I'm healthy and strong, even with some scars and aches and pains.

My brother, the frame welder, however had been dealt a much lousier hand. He has fought addiction, depression, dyslexia, kidney stones, gout, arthritis, a back injury, a divorce, unemployment, disability, and finally cancer. He has been fighting cancer for the last 2 1/2 years. He was diagnosed on the same week that I got hit T-boned by the drunk driver. A year ago his cancer was declared in remission.

Well, he has been in and out of the Huntsman Cancer Hospital in Salt Lake City over the last month, and his health has deteriorated rapidly to the point where he can't even get out of bed to use the restroom. His cognitive functions have taken a turn for the worse. Last night my brother's team of doctors called the family in for a meeting at the hospital. His cancer has returned with a vengeance. They recommended putting him on hospice and taking him home to be with the family during his final weeks. My house is the best equipped (enough bedrooms since I finished those basement rooms) so he will be coming to my house. His twin daughters will probably come live with us until the inevitable happens.

Our extended family has a family reunion planned in our hometown in Montana in 3 weeks. My brother had been fixated on going home to Montana. He's been making plans for the trip the whole time his health had been slipping away. My brothers and sisters and I have agreed that we will move heaven and earth to get him up there, if he lasts that long.

I always knew that this big, black, absurd pickup truck would be special to me and the family, but now that I'm facing the bleak fact that I'm losing my brother and best friend, it takes on a much deeper sentimental value. I believe that every time I drive it in the future I'll remember my big brother and cherish the time we spent together.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:05 PM
JKru
Cargo Master
Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Bio,
My heart goes out to you. You have always come across as a man that deeply appreciates family, love, and friendship. Cancer is a real bitch, and I'm sorry that your brother has to deal with it. I hope that you are able to get him to that family reunion.

Family first. Love always.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:51 PM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Cancer is a terrible indiscriminate disease. My wife and mother have had their battles with it. I also lost my brother 5 years ago. I know the pain you are dealing with and it totally sucks. You however have the right attitude for charishing every moment until the day comes. You are showing your true colors by letting him stay with you. I hope you can make the trip to Montana an awesome send off memory. My hats off to you and your family for its dedication to each other. Something that is lacking these days.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:33 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
Dang man, really sorry to hear this. I know you have mentioned it, but it sounds like it's going to win. Which is a terrible loss. I went through this with my Mom 10 years ago. I'm with you brother. Take care, of him, and yourself.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:05 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bio, so sorry to hear about your brother, I sure hope you can get him to Montana for the reunion and commend you for allowing him to stay in your house with your small children.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:43 PM
BioBurner
Elder User
Thank you for the support, guys. The last few days have been exhausting, physically and emotionally. We got my brother moved in today. He was lucid today for once. That was good. That also meant that the stark, cruel reality of his prognosis finally sank in. That was difficult.
When the medical transporter was unloading him at my house, my brother pointed out the big black truck to him, and explained that we built it. The transporter dude was duly impressed!

Old 07-01-2018, 06:50 AM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by BioBurner
When the medical transporter was unloading him at my house, my brother pointed out the big black truck to him, and explained that we built it. The transporter dude was duly impressed!

Worth everything right there.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:28 AM
Burro
Senior User
This internet stranger from half way across the planet wishes your brother, you, and your families all the strength you need in these difficult times. Hang in there... it will get worse, then it will get better, eventually. Every second is a gift, and life is no rehearsal - it is the real deal the first time around. There is not much anyone can say to ease your pain. Just know that many people read this and we are by your side.

Take care, and enjoy the Hillbilly Stretch Limo whenever you can!

Quick Reply: The Hillbilly Stretch-Limo (my 6-door Superduty project)