6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2015 6.7L Power Stroke Main Bearing Problems

Old 02-23-2017, 08:10 PM
ajhyman
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4df150
Just curious - You sold the truck, did you get you another new truck and what did you get?
Yes sold it Made me Said Truck was mint > Just did not rust it And Warranty Sucks Bought Nissan Titan XD with Cummings I still have 2002 f250 7.3 and 2000 excursion 7.3

Old 02-23-2017, 10:28 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by ajhyman
Yes sold it Made me Said Truck was mint > Just did not rust it And Warranty Sucks Bought Nissan Titan XD with Cummings I still have 2002 f250 7.3 and 2000 excursion 7.3
What's a Cummings?

Old 02-24-2017, 06:41 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well Ford did not do that . They Said Heads were ok ? They said Metal did not get in them ? I did not trust them Thats why i sold the truck Next day when i got home . They told me if they did long block and when they send old parts back and heads were fine Ford would not pay Warranty. They Only give 12 months and 12,000 on New short Block or Long Block I was told Both are Reman
Ford didn't say that. The dealer said that. That is NOT Ford's warranty, nor is that their process.

In short, the dealer tried to hose you if that's what all happened.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 PM
F450-DS3
New User
Main Bearing Failure

Well my 2012 did the same thing last week. Truck suddenly starting knocking so I quick shut it off and got it towed to dealer. They are replacing entire long block, they said there was metal top to bottom. Only 49k miles, luckily it's under warranty and my dealer is great but doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about this truck lasting for the long haul.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:03 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by F450-DS3
Well my 2012 did the same thing last week. Truck suddenly starting knocking so I quick shut it off and got it towed to dealer. They are replacing entire long block, they said there was metal top to bottom. Only 49k miles, luckily it's under warranty and my dealer is great but doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about this truck lasting for the long haul.
Wow. Can you share some more details? 49,000 miles, were they mostly highway or city? How much towing? How often was the oil changed, and which oil did you choose?

Old 04-22-2017, 11:34 AM
ajhyman
Freshman User
Problems with Ford 6.7

Originally Posted by F450-DS3
Yes My truck was they Same But they would only Put Short Block in. either way Motor the put in is NOT New crate It is a Reman Motor > And Warranty SUCKS 12 months 12,000 Miles Are you kidding Me !!! There is a Design flaw in Motor But tecs do not want to talk about it !! Now New trucks are like mine are $80,000 Plus Are people NUTS People bragging O yea just got a New truck paid $80-90 Grand areyou kidding me . Ford screwed me My truck was like NEW Mint inside and out Oil change every 5000 to 6000 miles With the best oil. Pick it up Sat from getting fixed SOLD it Sunday

Old 04-22-2017, 12:12 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,320 Likes on 4,588 Posts
Subscribed...

Originally Posted by Ford_Doctor
I have heard of it but the engines I saw with the bottom end coming apart had maintenance issues. A lot of municipal and city fleet trucks unfortunately are not serviced correctly and oil changes can occur every year or two... with no regard for engine hours. Another failure I dealt with was a remanufactured engine that spun most of the mains for no apparent reason... at least I could not explain the failure.

There are several discussions on the DTS website about spun bearings and reports of this failure happening. The tang-less design requires the proper amount of bearing crush to keep them in place... apparently it does not always go to plan. So, YES, this is not an unheard of failure but it is not wide spread so lets not panic. We need to remember that bearing failures can be induced by lack of maintenance, improper oil, contaminated engine oil whether it be fuel dilution or coolant contamination. We need to be reminded that when the turbocharger is removed from a 6.7L coolant always drains out of the return passage and spills into the crankcase. Cannot be avoided. It is absolutely necessary to change the engine oil and filter when servicing the turbocharger BEFORE starting the engine. Here is that the workshop manual procedure states at the very beginning of the procedure: That is all I have to say about that.

Thanks for that info. Remove Turbo = Oil change

Originally Posted by lynnmor
I see that the 2015 and up, has an IROX polymer coating on the main bearings. I wonder if plastic bearings are a bad idea.

What are the main bearings made of? Been trying to find out...

Originally Posted by swarf_rat
As the price of an item goes up, the expectations of perfection go up. But also the complexity associated with sophistication. Basically, you can have cheap, complex, or perfect - but only two of those at once.

Great point...

Old 04-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Yes My truck was they Same But they would only Put Short Block in. either way Motor the put in is NOT New crate It is a Reman Motor > And Warranty SUCKS 12 months 12,000 Miles Are you kidding Me !!!
What is the part number of the short block that was put in? It will be listed on your invoice.

There is a Design flaw in Motor But tecs do not want to talk about it !!
What design flaw?

Old 04-22-2017, 12:53 PM
ajhyman
Freshman User
Flaw in motor And Block #

Originally Posted by Pocket
What is the part number of the short block that was put in? It will be listed on your invoice.

What design flaw?
HC3Z*6009*A CYLINDER BLOCK

Ok Flaw In Motor Two things On First Fuel Delusion in OIL Ford is getting about 10% Fuel Delusion in oil in 6,000 Miles !!!! Amsoil has been working with Ford to Help this Thats way they just came out with New Oils to help out with this Go to there web site . 2nd Is clearance in Main Bearings IS WAY to TIGHT . !! I do not remember Specs . Duramax motors are Only 5% fuel delusion in 6,000 miles . This info came a INSIDE Tech with ford

Old 04-22-2017, 12:55 PM
ajhyman
Freshman User
Old 04-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
HC3Z*6009*A CYLINDER BLOCK
That is a new short block, not reman. Your dealer mis-informed you about what was replaced as well as the warranty coverage.

Ok Flaw In Motor Two things On First Fuel Delusion in OIL Ford is getting about 10% Fuel Delusion in oil in 6,000 Miles !!!! Amsoil has been working with Ford to Help this Thats way they just came out with New Oils to help out with this Go to there web site .
Where is the info to support this? I went to AMSOIL's website and could not find what you are referring to.

2nd Is clearance in Main Bearings IS WAY to TIGHT . !! I do not remember Specs .
Again where is the info to support this?

Old 04-22-2017, 03:06 PM
ajhyman
Freshman User
New Short Block Remaned . Amsoil show you what new came out . Info on Fuel delusion Came from Ford tech And so did Clarence on main Bearing . When you send in a Oil Sample 6,000 Miles had about 10 % Fuel delusion .

Old 04-22-2017, 03:09 PM
ajhyman
Freshman User
Warranty on new short block or Long Block is ONLY 12,000 miles or 12 months Came from Dealer And Ford area Supervisor That is ALL The GIVE YOU truck was 2012 with 41,000 on it

Old 04-22-2017, 03:10 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,406 Likes on 1,002 Posts
If you have 10% fuel dilution then something needs to change. Driving habits or something.

Also reduce your interval to 4-5K between oil changes.

Old 04-22-2017, 03:19 PM
ajhyman
Freshman User
What i was told In Back stroke when urea is spray in to burn soot this is how it happens

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 6.7L Power Stroke Main Bearing Problems