'47 and Older Swap, Sell, Wants - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

'47 and Older Swap, Sell, Wants

Old 07-01-2016, 10:42 PM

46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.
'47 and Older Swap, Sell, Wants

Let's give this a shot, if it goes well it'll stay. This thread is for parts you might have to sell, swap, or need.
No commercial ads
You can post what you have or need, but please, pm me when you no longer need the post up. Posts will be deleted after 6 months!Please, no banter, let's keep this strictly business. Conduct any wheeling & dealing in pms. The ads are to let others know what you got, then they can contact you.
Ads are only for '47 and older Ford truck parts.
I will be refining this as we go, if needed. And I'm open to any suggestions you might have, just send a pm.

Let's make this a success.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:16 PM

46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.
Willowbilly, you bring up a good point.
Help others and yourself find the parts, please list your location in your profile, or your ad if you are looking for, or selling larger, hard to ship parts.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:27 PM
New User

46Fire is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46fordtruck View Post
Let's give this a shot, if it goes well it'll stay. This thread is for parts you might have to sell, swap, or need.
No commercial ads
You can post what you have or need, but please, pm me when you no longer need the post up. Please, no banter, let's keep this strictly business. Conduct any wheeling & dealing in pms. The ads are to let others know what you got, then they can contact you.
Ads are only for '47 and older Ford truck parts.
I will be refining this as we go, if needed. And I'm open to any suggestions you might have, just send a pm.

Let's make this a success.
We also have a 1946 Ford Truck ... but it's a Fire Engine. Need chassis repair manual. Has standard 1946 Ford truck chassis (1 1/2 ton?) with 132" or so wheel base. Any help appreciated. [email protected]
Old 06-27-2017, 09:19 AM

Anybody need their ads deleted?
Old 07-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Posting Guru

newold46 is a name known to allnewold46 is a name known to allnewold46 is a name known to allnewold46 is a name known to allnewold46 is a name known to allnewold46 is a name known to all
So, it has come to this. Up for sale is my '46 in all it's glory. It isn't finished yet, carbs hate me. It won't idle. All new everything, hubs, brakes, etc in all 4 corners (all stock). New tie rod ends and new king pins. Needs an alignment. All new wiring from front to back with new lights. The signal lights work in the front, but not the back. New cab mounts, recovered seat and new installed cab liner kit. Everything is still 6vdc but with an alternator and negative grounding. The G series 6 banger was supposedly rebuilt before I got it. It does have a few new freeze plugs in it. It had sat since the mid 80's in a garage. The clutch and all the glass is good too.
If you search Photobucket using my user name of newold46, you should be able to find some hundreds of pictures of all the new stuff. There is NO rust!
Now the asking price will be kinda large but, I'm hoping, fair. I have around $9000.00 invested and would like to see most of that back. Negotiable, of course. You can tell me if I am honestly shooting too high, just between us crazy people. I won't be offended.
I am offering it here first. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2017, 09:47 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newold46 View Post
So, it has come to this. Up for sale is my '46 in all it's glory. It isn't finished yet, carbs hate me. It won't idle. All new everything, hubs, brakes, etc in all 4 corners (all stock). New tie rod ends and new king pins. Needs an alignment. All new wiring from front to back with new lights. The signal lights work in the front, but not the back. New cab mounts, recovered seat and new installed cab liner kit. Everything is still 6vdc but with an alternator and negative grounding. The G series 6 banger was supposedly rebuilt before I got it. It does have a few new freeze plugs in it. It had sat since the mid 80's in a garage. The clutch and all the glass is good too.
If you search Photobucket using my user name of newold46, you should be able to find some hundreds of pictures of all the new stuff. There is NO rust!
Now the asking price will be kinda large but, I'm hoping, fair. I have around $9000.00 invested and would like to see most of that back. Negotiable, of course. You can tell me if I am honestly shooting too high, just between us crazy people. I won't be offended.
Before you sell it, do you have any literature (shop manual, operator's guide, etc) that you'd care to share with us? We're restoring a 1946 Ford Fire Engine.

Here's our web page: 1946 Ford Fire Truck

Regards,
--------------------------
Rick Black
Southern Oregon Historical Society
106 N. Central Avenue
Medford OR 97501
cell: 541-499-1356
--------------------------
Old 07-10-2017, 09:49 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newold46 View Post
Tried to search on Photobucket; came up with no hits when I tried to search for newold46. Maybe I don't know how to use that site?
Old 07-24-2017, 10:00 PM
Senior User

49f68canadian has a very good reputation on FTE.49f68canadian has a very good reputation on FTE.49f68canadian has a very good reputation on FTE.
Still have lots of parts for 38/39 1/2 ton. PM me with your email and i will send pictures, there are 128 pictures so don't want to load them here. Thanks. Parts are in SW Manitoba. Can be brought to S Alberta if that helps.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:18 AM
Senior User

fordf348 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a pair of NOS part #2GC-6037. I believe they are engine, 42/47 front support brackets RH comm trucks except COE (6 cylinder "G" series). Yes they are both right side. Make me an offer that includes shipping, I just want to get rid of them
Ed
near Philadelphia (19073)
Old 08-02-2017, 06:39 PM

13 months in on this idea, and I think in an effort to streamline the swap and sell thread, I'm going to start deleting postings over 6 months old. This is something that occurs in some of the other sell wants threads on this site. I'll be cleaning it next week. If anybody has any questions or ideas, please feel free to pm me. Thanks all
Old 08-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Senior User

Rust Wrangler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Great idea Gary, as I think it helps to keep the thread fresh. I'm rather surprised that no one has contacted me on my wants, but I think it's partly due to some thread staleness.

I know somebody here has a factory mirror assembly for my '46 1/2 ton with my name on it....I can just feel it.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Senior User

Rust Wrangler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looking for Firestone heater defrost assembly

Besides needing a factory mirror assembly, I'm in need of the defrost diverter assembly for my truck.

It looks like this one: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/iXAAA...x5y/s-l500.jpg

It's for a Firestone heater, like this one: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/fkIAAO...x9-/s-l500.jpg

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2017, 10:03 PM
Senior User

WQ59B has a great reputation on FTE.WQ59B has a great reputation on FTE.WQ59B has a great reputation on FTE.WQ59B has a great reputation on FTE.
Still in need of : (1) swing-out windshield holding arm screw, for my '40 COE. I don't know if the period non-COEs have the same hardware or not.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:14 PM
New User

Go Fly is starting off with a positive reputation.
Needs for 37 Ford 1 1/2 Ton

- Budd 20 inch rim #34909
- Grill Trim (Drivers Side & Center) I have the Drivers Side Piece
- One Rear Axle Hubcap
Old 10-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Post Fiend

truckdog62563 has much to be proud oftruckdog62563 has much to be proud oftruckdog62563 has much to be proud oftruckdog62563 has much to be proud oftruckdog62563 has much to be proud oftruckdog62563 has much to be proud oftruckdog62563 has much to be proud oftruckdog62563 has much to be proud oftruckdog62563 has much to be proud oftruckdog62563 has much to be proud of
I can help with the Budd 34909. I have two. One is NOS, bought at a dealership auction without the ring. I have since then found a correct used ring for it. The other I thought was really nice based on the external view when I pulled it from the donor, but found a lot of rust inside. You might be able to blast and save it. It's ring is probably okay. I see you are in WI, I am in central IL. Stu