2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

No Sliding Rear Window?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 10:58 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah that seems silly that it wouldn't go down.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:06 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by EightySecond
Yeah that seems silly that it wouldn't go down.
It's a "sliding" window...why would it go down? Works fine for adding ventilation. The Toyota windows that go down look cheap because there is no visible slider.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:09 PM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Firemen "slide" down poles. I would like it to go down so there isn't two panes of privacy tint in my field of view of the mirror. Don't be disagreeable just to be disagreeable.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:38 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ben97
Ive always liked the looks of a regular cab. Ive been shopping pretty hard for a couple months now and going back and forth between a regualar cab gas and crew cab diesel.
I figure I have two options;
Trade my truck in on a 55K crew cab diesel and have to pay/finance 35k
Buy a new reg cab gas truck for 30k to DD and still have my crew cab duramax to haul the boat/toys around on the weekend if there is more than me and the gf going somewhere.
1st world problems I know...
If the 2005 truck is still good enough for that, why would you need a regular cab gas Ford? I'd probably just keep the d-max.

I used to have "extra" cars, but it amounted to expensive registrations every year, more insurance, and more maintenance.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:44 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by EightySecond
Firemen "slide" down poles. I would like it to go down so there isn't two panes of privacy tint in my field of view of the mirror. Don't be disagreeable just to be disagreeable.
Sorry - no offense meant. To me, the traditional "sliding" window is the kind that slides, not raises and lowers.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:02 PM
ben97
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
If the 2005 truck is still good enough for that, why would you need a regular cab gas Ford? I'd probably just keep the d-max.

I used to have "extra" cars, but it amounted to expensive registrations every year, more insurance, and more maintenance.
it's paid for, and it's in too good of shape to drive every day, I cringe if it gets rained on, and don't even think about taking it out of the shop if theres a chance of snow or if it hasn't rained since the last snow and there's still salt on the roads.
I have a Honda accord ive been driving to work and I hate it, my commute isn't too far so gas mileage isn't a problem.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:07 PM
troverman
Hotshot
it's paid for, and it's in too good of shape to drive every day, I cringe if it gets rained on, and don't even think about taking it out of the shop if theres a chance of snow or if it hasn't rained since the last snow and there's still salt on the roads.
I have a Honda accord ive been driving to work and I hate it, my commute isn't too far so gas mileage isn't a problem.
Hmmm...so let me get this right. Your eleven year old Chevy pickup is too nice to drive during crappy weather, but a brand new Ford isn't?

I guess I'm confused.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:18 PM
ben97
Senior User
haha, When I say brand new ford I'm talking 2wd regular cab work truck.
I'll buy it knowing its going to be used for work which I can live with. I don't know if I could do the same with a brand new 55k super duty.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:53 PM
troverman
Hotshot
haha, When I say brand new ford I'm talking 2wd regular cab work truck.
I'll buy it knowing its going to be used for work which I can live with. I don't know if I could do the same with a brand new 55k super duty.
OK, I understand better now.

It all depends on how you treat your truck. I think if you never drive a vehicle because you're too concerned you'll get it dirty or mess it up, you don't fully enjoy it. I think you can buy a new, expensive vehicle and so long as you frequently wash it and detail the interior, and maybe undercoat it with Fluid Film, you can drive it for a decade or more while still looking to be in excellent shape.

I think a new, 2WD XL Ford is still a pretty nice truck.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:16 PM
MadWolf
Tuned
Originally Posted by troverman
I think a new, 2WD XL Ford is still a pretty nice truck.
You're Damn right it is ;o)

Old 06-30-2016, 09:04 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Last year it was on XLT or XL for fleets. We had some in, and I wasn't a big fan. I use it all the time on my '79, but I also get vent windows with that too (and no AC). I pref reg cabs too, they just look better!

Old 06-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Frantz
Last year it was on XLT or XL for fleets. We had some in, and I wasn't a big fan. I use it all the time on my '79, but I also get vent windows with that too (and no AC). I pref reg cabs too, they just look better!
Rear sliders are great on regular cabs. SC and CC need to be electric to be practical. My arms are not long enough.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:13 AM
MadWolf
Tuned
Speaking of regular cab changes, I noticed the XLT reg cab no longer has power driver's seat either.

Old 07-02-2016, 03:29 PM
HoustonianDale
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
There is some wacky logic in this thread

Old 07-03-2016, 09:56 AM
mjf6175
Freshman User
Originally Posted by MadWolf
Speaking of regular cab changes, I noticed the XLT reg cab no longer has power driver's seat either.
First post. Been hanging out reading and looking to come back (from a 2500 04.5 Ram) to a new Ford '17 250. I am (unfortunately) one of those who likes a regular cab and do not have a need for a larger cab with more seating. But as MadWolf mentions, Ford (as well as GM and Ram) treat R/C people as if they had leprosy. No leather seats, no console, no upgrade interiors, limited wheel choices, no power or heated seats, etc, etc. For the life of me I cannot figure out "WHY"? I bet the front seats with leather and power from a Lariat/King/Limited would bolt right up to a regular cab. The same with wheel choices. Just what would be wrong (or hard for Ford) to have a higher trim level than just XLT on a regular cab? How about a Lariat at least, which would open up many nice options for us R/C people. All it would require is option codes for the regular cab, all the parts are the same. I might have to get a job at the Ford factory so I can do the bolt in's. Otherwise looking forward to ordering my '17 250.

Quick Reply: No Sliding Rear Window?