Notices
1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

Ricon 6 way seat

Old 08-02-2016, 08:24 AM
jimbomitch
Senior User
jimbomitch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, that's a terrific price. Glad it worked out.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:32 PM
jeffreyclay
Senior User
jeffreyclay is starting off with a positive reputation.
This tip is key! If you find the need to R&R one, first place some precut .5" rebar ahead of the nylon glides to hold the seat raised. Similar to blocking a sliding door or window's travel. If it comes down, you won't be able to raise it on your own due to the weight and leverage of the lift mechanism. The fasteners at the ball-nut are the most finicky. Do them first and finish with the bolt.
Before the rebuild the actuator sounded like a pair of pliers crunching a bag of gravel. Now all you will hear is the whir of the motor. Jimbomitch, thanks again for the lead!

Old 08-07-2016, 06:35 AM
jimbomitch
Senior User
No problem, happy to help, and since I'm in the same situation, it's handy to have this knowledge in the event that it happens to me, or others.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:39 PM
maples01
Postmaster
maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.
Good, the forward back are power window motors sort of, they will work but require complete disassembly of the base to remove, they bolt from the bottom up, so it has to come out of the track for removal, they make everything difficult, rebuild the engine by going through the muffler. When mine started acting up, I really was sweating, turned out to either be in the switch or wiring, after messing around with it, have not had another failure.
I would love to get another base, but junkyards and people who acquire vans with them cheap, and don't want them, try to gouge us all due to the nature of the equipment. I got a friend who's bought several wheelchair vans for $1500 or less, many who do it remove the seat base and list it for $1000.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:02 AM
jimbomitch
Senior User
I've had the pivot and slide motors changed while the base remained in the van. Not saying it's easy, but can be done. I agree, people armed with a little Google knowledge tend to inflate prices on disabilitly related items, but if you're not in a hurry and shop around, there's good deals to be had. I bought two of these bases on craigslist for great prices.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:07 PM
maples01
Postmaster
maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by jimbomitch View Post
I've had the pivot and slide motors changed while the base remained in the van. Not saying it's easy, but can be done. I agree, people armed with a little Google knowledge tend to inflate prices on disabilitly related items, but if you're not in a hurry and shop around, there's good deals to be had. I bought two of these bases on craigslist for great prices.
I removed the nuts on my slide motor to find the case threaded, the bolts screw in from the other side, have to pull the track off of the base plate VIA sliding off from the rear, lifting it for access underneath, the power window isn't threaded. I've had mine for over 10 years, was used when I got it, have yet to replace parts on it, gotten lucky, it's no longer a daily driver, my current van has a custom built manual slider, a friends design, I want another power base tho.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:10 PM
GUNNERMATE
New User
GUNNERMATE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ricon wants $570.00 for the forward and back motor. Does anyone know where to get that motor cheaper. I see other posts here that say it is a GM window motor. Does anyone know the part number? And if so, does it have to be modified. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:29 PM
jimbomitch
Senior User
Originally Posted by GUNNERMATE View Post
Ricon wants $570.00 for the forward and back motor. Does anyone know where to get that motor cheaper. I see other posts here that say it is a GM window motor. Does anyone know the part number? And if so, does it have to be modified. Thanks in advance.

Dont buy it from Ricon, it's a GM window motor. Same motor works the rotation as well, just need to do a few easy modifications on that one though. I'll get you a part number. I just saw on on eBay. I'll try to find it.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:37 PM
GUNNERMATE
New User
Mine was installed in 2012. I know there are 2 different numbers. Ricon # is PS.2046

Old 05-15-2019, 03:38 PM
jimbomitch
Senior User
Old 05-15-2019, 03:44 PM
jimbomitch
Senior User
Originally Posted by GUNNERMATE View Post
Mine was installed in 2012. I know there are 2 different numbers. Ricon # is PS.2046
Forget the Ricon number. Look at the ebay photos and see if it looks the same. The eBay link I sent is one I bought because it was a really good deal ($15.00 shipped). I should add that the plug connector is offset, but it should work. You can buy these through any parts store, or Amazon. But eBay has the best deals.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:08 PM
jimbomitch
Senior User
Here's an aftermarket version: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...296/15160016-P this one has the connector parallel to the motor. The GM one that I linked to has the connector perpendicular to the motor. These motors were used in many different GM vehicles though out the years.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:40 PM
GUNNERMATE
New User
Ok, thank you.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:57 PM
maples01
Postmaster
The message board I was on years ago is gone, what I recall was a member found it was the power window motor from a Buick Regal, I have one on a shelf, was going to replace the motor on my power seat, didn't need it, was a loose wire, BTW it's the same motor on a chain driven power sliding door setup I have boxed up.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:59 PM
maples01
Postmaster
I need some springs for my Ricon S2000 lift, the bus website I had saved with it no longer exists, anyone know of another place, a friend said it was similar to one from a hay rake, but I'm not certain, all of mine broke, I have to tug my platform to get it to fall out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ricon 6 way seat

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.