What did you do to your Super Duty today? - Page 71 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Old 02-15-2018, 06:11 PM
I-Toon
Freshman User
I-Toon is starting off with a positive reputation.
New starter and fuel filter. (I bought a mean Green starter, but they sent me the wrong one. Called and left a message. I need to figure out what this starter belongs to).

Old 02-15-2018, 06:29 PM
geekwithoutacause
Senior User
geekwithoutacause is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ibdagriz View Post
2011 F-250 CCSB. Took longer to remove the old one. Super tight and long on threads.

New one weighs 80 lbs, so two are required to make it work. Installs in 30 minutes that way.
Griz
What did you do w the trailer connector ? Are the connectors to the truck all the same?

Old 02-15-2018, 07:44 PM
shanekw1
Junior User
shanekw1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Today I was attempting to get to my evap canister above my spare tire to deal with a slow fuel fill issue. I used a trick I read on here using a 9/16 socket to lower it after discovering the key thing in the winch would not allow the flat end of my jack handle to turn it. Tire came down great. 5 min later I looked in the glove box and lo and behold, the key was sitting right there.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:03 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Not mine but used our shop 2012 F450 V10 to plow the other night. At 30k miles it's still on the factory Continental tires SUCK! Had to chain up for one driveway, which by the a crew cab f450 with 9' flatbed, overhead rack and crane is not the best driveway plow truck.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:52 AM
Evan_P
Postmaster
Evan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to behold
Took care of a small oil leak. Machined the front and rear rotors and installed some new pads to get rid of a shimmy while braking. And I ordered a trans temp gauge, EGT gauge and pod for it. Towing season is almost upon me...

Old 02-18-2018, 02:59 PM
geekwithoutacause
Senior User
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
Not mine but used our shop 2012 F450 V10 to plow the other night. At 30k miles it's still on the factory Continental tires SUCK! Had to chain up for one driveway, which by the a crew cab f450 with 9' flatbed, overhead rack and crane is not the best driveway plow truck.

I use a dedicated OLD non-Ford brand pickup for plowing. It sits all year w the plow on it. It has chains on all 4, has 4wd and has a big plate of concrete in the bed. Best plowtruck ever. And NOTHING will stop it. Sometimes it plows too good and digs into the dirt. Before I know it I have a wall of dirt in front of me.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:00 PM
geekwithoutacause
Senior User
oh and by the way, Do you now of any GOOD rubber rings to tighten the chains ? I've tried several and they all break in no time.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:19 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by geekwithoutacause View Post
I use a dedicated OLD non-Ford brand pickup for plowing. It sits all year w the plow on it. It has chains on all 4, has 4wd and has a big plate of concrete in the bed. Best plowtruck ever. And NOTHING will stop it. Sometimes it plows too good and digs into the dirt. Before I know it I have a wall of dirt in front of me.
My normal plow truck is a 91 F-250 ref cab long bed with Blizzak snow tires, fits great in the drives I do. A friend is borrowing my truck so I had to use our f450 from work, it typically plows our front parking lot and large rear lot, works great for that!

I'd never used chains before the other night, they worked well.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:27 PM
LoudMic
Freshman User
LoudMic is starting off with a positive reputation.
You guys and your plows!
Out here in Long Beach, (about 20 mins from Disneyland, or 1/2 way between the Dodgers and the Angels), I had to fire up the heater because it was down into the 40s.

Although, with our traffic, I sometimes wish I had a plow!

Old 02-20-2018, 02:51 PM
MadWolf
Senior User
MadWolf is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not today, but recently. Backrack, and Bakflip MX4

Old 02-20-2018, 03:20 PM
geekwithoutacause
Senior User
Originally Posted by LoudMic View Post
You guys and your plows!
Out here in Long Beach, (about 20 mins from Disneyland, or 1/2 way between the Dodgers and the Angels), I had to fire up the heater because it was down into the 40s.

Although, with our traffic, I sometimes wish I had a plow!
we'll talk again in July.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:32 PM
LoudMic
Freshman User
LoudMic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by geekwithoutacause View Post
we'll talk again in July.
Ha Ha! Look forward to it!

cheers!

Old 02-20-2018, 09:04 PM
Misky6.0
Post Fiend
Misky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputation
Not today, but over the long 3-day weekend, Installed ATS springs and Bilstein shocks on my plow truck.
I ordered the heavy duty version of x-code WITH an additional high arch for 1 extra inch of lift.
My plow put my plow mount 1.5-2 inches above the ground, truck had 4400 lb original springs.

Distances (inches) from center of hub to fender:
before - 22 driver 22.5 pass
after - 28 both sides

Put plow on, lifted up, 26.75" now!
Adding ballast to bed to improve traction, should bring it down a bit more.

The new springs clearly do NOT deflect in order to be 6 inches more lift than the originals

The 3-leaf HD version of X-codes from ATS

Bumper needs to go back on - once I re-locate the plow wires I found dangling behind it. This is why I prefer to do it myself....

Old 02-20-2018, 10:55 PM
geekwithoutacause
Senior User
Damn, the old ones must have had some serious sag....

Old 02-24-2018, 03:41 AM
Super Duty Dev
New User
Super Duty Dev is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yesterday I replaced the brake master cylinder on my 5.4 SD. I was skeptical at first because it looked relatively new but the symptoms (losing pedal pressure etc.) pointed to it being bad. The kits I picked up for bleeding didn't have what I needed for the bench bleed. I ended up drilling holes for vinyl tubing in the threaded plastic caps that came with the new cylinder. It worked okay but unsure of how well it was bled I tried a method I found online to bleed while installed on the truck. I would've liked to have waited and got the right tool but I had to work that night. I ran an 8ft tube from the drivers side bleeder into the fluid res and supposedly this will bleed the master cylinder. How well, that I am not sure of but I did see a significant amount of air escape. Bled the remaining sides and called it. Brakes are back and pedal pressure feels great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.