What did you do to your Super Duty today? - Page 67 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Old 01-22-2018, 09:48 PM
StrokinHer01
Senior User
StrokinHer01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by DogRidesInBack View Post
Please, where can I get that part?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/12V-24-Dual-U...gyMhGkllf6B0bg
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧https://www.ebay.com/p/Dual-USB-2-po...d=292183706708覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
https://m.ebay.com/itm/12V-24V-Dual-...X0CE_UqVI71KQQHere痴 why I did this usb mod, I have my 01 7.3 and also my 84 (my first baby) k5 blazer.. I知 always forgetting to grab my regular usb plug in out of my blazer when I drive my truck so that痴 what inspired this mod...you can look for different colors and if you don稚 want.. so here the thing.. if you want it with the led light you would want to wire it to the radio wire that comes on with the ignition so the led doesn稚 stay on except when you have the ignition on or the accessory on the ignition.. or you can get one where you can have no led and have constant power to so you can charge your phone with the ignition off... up to you just Ebay search 12v USB port. Very easy to install about 10 mins for me no cutting no drilling fit right in. It more convenient than having to remember to grab the usb to cigarette lighter adapter... I like that first one with the volt meter

Old 01-22-2018, 10:05 PM
rixter99
New User
rixter99 is starting off with a positive reputation.
FINALLY - FORScan and USB adpater started working with my truck...I was able to enable RKE and DRL - which Ford Dealership couldn't be done because they weren't 'Factory Installed...

For RKE - the bits in the 'as built' section needed to be changed...For DRL - it was a fricking checkbox to ENABLE them...

Old 01-23-2018, 12:02 AM
Projectlittleredf250
Senior User
Projectlittleredf250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Projectlittleredf250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by GeorgeS59 View Post
Today I used FORSCAN to change my fuel tank size from the factory 26 gallon to my upgraded 50 gallon Titian tank. Dealer wanted $100 and 1hr to do it. After downloading the software, it literally took 30 seconds to make the change.
What OBD2 device did you buy? I'm looking to buy one for my 2000 f250 to change my mile per rev

I found this one...
Amazon Amazon

Old 01-23-2018, 10:34 AM
geekwithoutacause
Senior User
geekwithoutacause is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by FordmanNJ View Post
Last night was the last night for the LED replacement headlight bulbs in my truck. Poor light output even with them clocked. Looked good in the truck just not on the road. While the wife and I were out, I just picked up a set of regular ol' Halogens for the truck. They are Silverstar Ultras. The price was right since we had a giftcard for the purchase. So it was not a wallet hitter on 45 dollar light bulbs. Looked better on the road from the road test. Not as good as my HIDs. I replaced my HIDs since they were taking longer to warm up and the RF was getting worse. I figured the ballasts were going bad. I might go HIDs again. I think LEDs need to be in projector housings work at their best.
If you use HID it is best to use a relay to power the lights. I've had major trouble when I didn't use it that way. Every time I would switch on the HID's it would cause all kinds of issues. The worst one was it would throw my transmission into limb mode. After installing the relay it worked flawless..... Until the HID's wore out which was after about a year. At first it took longer for them to start and eventually they completely refused to come on. Not sure if it was the ballast or the light bulbs. Ripped it all out before I sold the truck. But... The light output was amazing when it worked.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:37 PM
StrokinHer01
Senior User
StrokinHer01 is starting off with a positive reputation.

firgive the quality I am not a YouTube type... just explaining how I did the usb mod and a couple others...

Old 01-23-2018, 09:14 PM
GeorgeS59
Junior User
GeorgeS59 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GeorgeS59 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Had the truck into the dealer today for warranty work on the power sliding rear window. It was not working - would not open. Dealer said it they needed to replace the entire window assembly, so since it was on their dime, they did. Picked the truck up and window closed once and then stopped, wouldn't open or close again. Taking it back tomorrow to have them work on it again. This time, I'm sharing with them this video about the overhead switch and associated relay that seems to be the culprit most of the time. I should just buy the switch myself from Amazon ($33) and do the work myself to save the aggravation I'm having with the dealer.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:45 AM
ssunit1
Elder User
ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ssunit1 View Post

Tires fill the wheel well pretty nice. My wife noticed they are close to the edge of the wheel well so I guess I just justified getting flares.
I've always been told that taller / wider tires will negatively affect mpg's. If I was driving a Prius and my mpg went down I would be upset. I'm not so I'm not. With the larger circumference (guess I should proof read also) I expect the speedo and odometer to be off a little. Haven't decided if I'm going to get them reprogramed at the dealer. Just need to remember that I'm going about 5mpg faster at 70mph than the dash reads.

After a couple runs back and forth to my job I noticed a substantial difference in my odometer reading. With my original 275/65/18's I was right at 35 miles door to door. With my new 295/70/18's my odo reads 32.6 miles. I know my speedo it off also and the MPG lie-o-meter is now really off.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:54 PM
Mastertinner
Senior User
Mastertinner is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by ssunit1 View Post
After a couple runs back and forth to my job I noticed a substantial difference in my odometer reading. With my original 275/65/18's I was right at 35 miles door to door. With my new 295/70/18's my odo reads 32.6 miles. I know my speedo it off also and the MPG lie-o-meter is now really off.
You can have the dealership reflash the computer to run Fords 20" wheel and tire package. I think those tires are about 34.1" tall.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:59 PM
GeorgeS59
Junior User
GeorgeS59 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GeorgeS59 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by GeorgeS59 View Post
Had the truck into the dealer today for warranty work on the power sliding rear window. It was not working - would not open. Dealer said it they needed to replace the entire window assembly, so since it was on their dime, they did. Picked the truck up and window closed once and then stopped, wouldn't open or close again. Taking it back tomorrow to have them work on it again. This time, I'm sharing with them this video about the overhead switch and associated relay that seems to be the culprit most of the time. I should just buy the switch myself from Amazon ($33) and do the work myself to save the aggravation I'm having with the dealer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbZfzCUyzZw

Took the truck back today and had the service adviser look at this video. Guess what? They had one of these switch units in stock, pulled my truck around to a service bay, replaced the switch in about 10 minutes and low and behold it all worked. I love YOUTUBE....

Old 01-24-2018, 07:10 PM
OneCylinder
Senior User
OneCylinder is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.OneCylinder is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
"Installed" LED bed lights.

You can buy these at Lowes. They come with batteries and cost approx $24 before tax.

Place them anywhere on the steel bed. Use a blob of silicone if you off-road alot.

They have a swivell and swivell close off.

Provide good lighting.

Can adjust to work on the tailgate.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:53 AM
ssunit1
Elder User
ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks for the tip. Just ordered them off Amazon.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:23 PM
GeorgeS59
Junior User
Installed a Pop&Lock remote tailgate lock today on my 2014 F350. Wasn't hard at all. Only spot that took some time was insuring I had the right wires selected in the passenger sillplate. Once I found them (yes, they were the correct colors as per the instructions), it was only a matter of minutes before I had the install complete. I really like this function and with the DeeZee tailgate assist, it's great.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti5a4kfg3t...dLock.mp4?dl=0

Attached Images     
Old 01-26-2018, 08:49 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
I bought another SD today. 04 F350 5.4 4x4 auto with 39,370 miles on it. I test drove it today and will pick it up Monday.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:01 PM
Green Power
Elder User
Green Power is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
I bought another SD today. 04 F350 5.4 4x4 auto with 39,370 miles on it. I test drove it today and will pick it up Monday.
Pictures? What are your plans for it?

Old 01-27-2018, 04:16 PM
Mastertinner
Senior User
Mastertinner is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Put 2017 wheels and tires on my 2016. What do you think?
Name:  IMG_20180127_150351969_HDR.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  4.03 MB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.