What did you do to your Super Duty today? - Page 66 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Old 01-17-2018, 06:23 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Jaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to behold
Just installed the billit AC ***** ordered for the mustang in the truck (they had blow dials that match the truck radio)

Also recieved the new filter for the ais so will install that when it gets a bit warmer out

Old 01-18-2018, 12:10 AM
Fefanatic
Senior User
Fefanatic is starting off with a positive reputation.
What I did to mine today was buy it!

Old 01-18-2018, 10:50 PM
ssunit1
Elder User
ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Fefanatic View Post
What I did to mine today was buy it!
Congratulations! Tell us what ya got!

Old 01-18-2018, 11:26 PM
Fefanatic
Senior User
Fefanatic is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought a 15 F350 crew cab Lariat with the 6.7. It has 27k miles and I expect that it will be the last truck I will buy. It should outlive me. I'm happy with it.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:30 PM
ssunit1
Elder User
ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.ssunit1 has a good reputation on FTE.
You'll be even happier as time goes on and you start to add stuff to it. Put it in your signature, with a picture.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:41 AM
FordmanNJ
Posting Guru
FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.
Last night was the last night for the LED replacement headlight bulbs in my truck. Poor light output even with them clocked. Looked good in the truck just not on the road. While the wife and I were out, I just picked up a set of regular ol' Halogens for the truck. They are Silverstar Ultras. The price was right since we had a giftcard for the purchase. So it was not a wallet hitter on 45 dollar light bulbs. Looked better on the road from the road test. Not as good as my HIDs. I replaced my HIDs since they were taking longer to warm up and the RF was getting worse. I figured the ballasts were going bad. I might go HIDs again. I think LEDs need to be in projector housings work at their best.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:34 PM
av8or1
Senior User
av8or1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Earlier in the month I replaced the two-sensor accelerator pedal on my 2000 F-350 SD with the integrated pedal assembly found on the 2002/2003 models. Found the assembly at a local junkyard on a 2001 F-250. Put together a YouTube video and posted a link in the Ford-trucks forum.

Today I replaced the parking brake switch in prep for the annual inspection. Not sure if that's required, but last year the guy at the local shop where I had it done pulled me aside and muttered that the parking brake light wasn't working and I should get it fixed. Passed me anyway, which lead me to conclude that it isn't a requirement to pass. But I wanted to fix it anyway. The bulb in the cluster was bad, so I replaced it with one from a cluster that I also got at the junkyard when I found the pedal. Didn't correct the problem. Turned out that the previous owner had unplugged the spade connector from the switch! So I plugged it back on, found that it worked intermittently at best. It was at that point that I understood why he had unplugged it. So I ordered a new oem switch (installation was kind of a pain but not too bad) and now it finally works normally.

At the same shop waiting for the inspection to be done as I write this. So include an inspection on the list.

Thanks,
Jerry

EDIT: Just asked the inspector if the parking brake light was a requirement to pass the state inspection. He replied that it was. Interesting...

Old 01-20-2018, 07:16 PM
GeorgeS59
Junior User
GeorgeS59 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GeorgeS59 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Today I used FORSCAN to change my fuel tank size from the factory 26 gallon to my upgraded 50 gallon Titian tank. Dealer wanted $100 and 1hr to do it. After downloading the software, it literally took 30 seconds to make the change.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:30 PM
rixter99
New User
rixter99 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Today I had my 2008 F250 programmed for the TBC (at a local dealer) I had put in earlier. The TBC programming was part 3 of a 3 mod upgrade project - Heated Mirror switch in Climate Control (had to also add a fuse or 2), TBC (fuses and a new M/C w/transducer), and Upfitter Switches (power to hood area, nothing connected to them yet. This 3 mod was done by replacing my stock (no heated mirror CC, no TBC, no Upfitter switch) with a 'used' center dash console off eBay that was basically 'pop-off' - 'pop-on'. Now I can sell my old console and after-market TBC to recoup some of my costs.

NOTE: I have FORScan and an adapter that isn't working properly (FORScan Support GREAT so far) or I would have made the change to enable the TBC myself. BUT, the Ford system confirmed there is no problem w/my CAN Bus. My setup can read other vehicles, just hasn't been able to read anything on my vehicle.

Cheers, Rick

Old 01-22-2018, 04:45 PM
GeorgeS59
Junior User
GeorgeS59 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GeorgeS59 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Installed the DEEZEE tailgate assist. I had one of these on my old truck also and it makes a ton of difference. The tailgate on the Ford could kill a small child if you let it down without any assist. Next option is to install the PopALock automatic tailgate lock and unlock kit. I've got it already, just waiting for a nicer day to get out there and work on it.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:06 PM
StrokinHer01
Senior User
StrokinHer01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Pulled the dash apart awhile ago and swapped the old 12v port and replaced it with the usb. wired it to the ignition so it turns on an off
Sits flush so the little door still closes took about 10 mins to install
Moded this rocker panel picture at the bottom is what I modified. Fits snug but works switches have no resistance and work great. Wired these in with the headlights so they only come on with the switch.
This is the 4x4 switch cause the esof stopped working
Took the seat off, took the fabric off, put a sheet of 3/8 particle board and put it all together then screwed the extinguisher to the bottom
This is what the usb rocker switches and volt meter looked like before I separated everything..
This used to be my esof but I drilled out the back of the switch. With this I can monitor my batteries when listening to the radio without the motor running and make sure my alternator is working. Wired this in with the ignition also so it doesnít stay on when Iím not driving

Old 01-22-2018, 08:11 PM
StrokinHer01
Senior User
StrokinHer01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by SoCalAngler View Post
Completed the installation of a 6.0L trans cooler. Followed the write up by a member on this board (forgot name). Pretty straight forward. Routing the hoses took the most time as the 6.0L cooler's lines exit on bottom and OEM cooler exits on top. Used 1" split loom to protect hoses as they pass behind bumper and go around various items as they make there way to under engine for hard line connections. Added about a pint of fluid. Cooling test will be in the summer pulling my 10K trailer in the SoCal desert when ambient temps are between 95F-105F.
Can you do a mock up tutorial how to do it? Video maybe just explaining with out taking your truck apart

Old 01-22-2018, 08:21 PM
DogRidesInBack
Posting Guru
DogRidesInBack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DogRidesInBack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by StrokinHer01 View Post
[left] Pulled the dash apart last awhile ago and swapped the old 12v port and replaced it with the user wired it to the ignition so it turns on an off
Please, where can I get that part?

Old 01-22-2018, 08:44 PM
GeorgeS59
Junior User
Originally Posted by DogRidesInBack View Post
Please, where can I get that part?

Seems like the easier option is to just get a USB lighter adapter.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:50 PM
DogRidesInBack
Posting Guru
DogRidesInBack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DogRidesInBack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by GeorgeS59 View Post
Seems like the easier option is to just get a USB lighter adapter.

I've got that, just liking the clean look. And one less piece to put in the glove box when I want the truck to look completely empty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.