What did you do to your Super Duty today? - Page 64 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Old 12-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Jaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to behold
Just got confirmation that the new 2007 grill has shipped, yea!

Old 12-26-2017, 04:03 PM
PineyMAC
New User
PineyMAC is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bought some 2012 Lariat wheels for my truck. Came with the tires and all so I just retained the KR centers. They are 35 x 12.5 x 20. Gives it a nicer look but still, just barely, fits into the garage. Added the power-fold mirrors a few weeks ago. Am nearly done with it and will just drive it without going mod crazy.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:07 PM
Njstern87
Senior User
Njstern87 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Njstern87 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Gave it a bath, than took it to store to buy a new area rug...first time its been started in 3 weeks.

Old 12-27-2017, 12:56 AM
Mastertinner
Senior User
Mastertinner is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Had the day off work today do to the weather. At least that was my excuse. So I took advantage and installed my Christmas gifts. Installed a new tailgate handle with a built in reverse camera, installed a new Kenwood nav unit , (with sync retention), four new pioneer ts-a series speakers, sound proofed the doors, did the door seal mod ( tried both 5/16" and 3/8" surgical tubing). And even straightened out my crooked from factory rear bumper, that irritated every time I looked at it.
Truck is a 2016 f250 xlt cc diesel.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:01 AM
Mastertinner
Senior User
Originally Posted by Mastertinner View Post
Had the day off work today do to the weather. At least that was my excuse. So I took advantage and installed my Christmas gifts. Installed a new tailgate handle with a built in reverse camera, installed a new Kenwood nav unit , (with sync retention), four new pioneer ts-a series speakers, sound proofed the doors, did the door seal mod ( tried both 5/16" and 3/8" surgical tubing). And even straightened out my crooked from factory rear bumper, that irritated every time I looked at it.
Truck is a 2016 f250 xlt cc diesel.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:02 AM
Batman7777
Elder User
Batman7777 is starting off with a positive reputation.

A few weeks ago installed ScanGuage 2. It took about 5 minutes, no drilling, no screws, nada. Connect it to the ODBII Port (very easy port under the driver's side dash,, no crawling under, run the cable, no batteries, all done and leave it in place. The device shuts off after RPM's go to zero and comes back on when you start the engine or press the home button. It is always backlit when on with adjustable brightness and very cool standard or custom color adjustments to match your interior dash colors or taste.

At a glance with Scanguage 2, I can see a digital display of the oil temp, water temp, speed, MPG, Tranny temp, air intake temp and many more except turbo temp. With Scan Guage II, you can see and clear fault codes and turn off the check engine light.

https://www.scangauge.com/products/scangauge-ii/

Amazon Amazon

Autozone had them on sale for $119.00

Keep an eye on critical engine sensors or performance. Don't let something catch you by surprise and know when something with the vehicle is changing.

I only wish it could silence the door chime and very annoying 5 minute chime when you first get in and start the engine. That stupid chime goes off what seems like 10 times.

Old 12-28-2017, 11:06 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Put my new Fab Fours bumper on.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:59 AM
Batman7777
Elder User
Batman7777 is starting off with a positive reputation.
How much does the front bumper weigh and are you concerned about reduced MPG, excessive front suspension wear, ball joints and tire wear due to the extra weight?
Is the guarded heavy duty front bumper primarily for front end deer/animal protection?
The web site below shows totaled vehicles from deer hits. The area I'm in reported 170 deer hits called in this past year (2017).
I've been thinking about some additional front armor but don't want to add 500lbs to the front end.

https://www.google.com/search?q=truc...w=1253&bih=703

This is nice: https://www.fabfours.com/product/pre...ont-bumper-18/
and only weighs 185 lbs..(Hmmm,,, That sounds a little lite for a full guard) I like the idea of installing a wench bumper just in case some day I would like to add a wench.

https://www.fabfours.com/product/pre...ont-bumper-18/

https://static.summitracing.com/glob...a1650-1_ml.jpg

Old 12-29-2017, 11:30 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Batman7777 View Post
How much does the front bumper weigh and are you concerned about reduced MPG, excessive front suspension wear, ball joints and tire wear due to the extra weight?
Is the guarded heavy duty front bumper primarily for front end deer/animal protection?
]
I was close with my guess of 200lbs.
The truck gets single digit MPG, that's never been a concern with this truck lol
I have X code front springs which are the plow prep springs, way more then needed. Not enough weight to worry about suspension components.

I picked this one because it was the best deal, I dent my stock bumper and figured what the heck why not upgrade. No idea how it will actually handle a hit.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:28 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Jaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to beholdJaime74656 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
I was close with my guess of 200lbs.
The truck gets single digit MPG, that's never been a concern with this truck lol
I have X code front springs which are the plow prep springs, way more then needed. Not enough weight to worry about suspension components.

I picked this one because it was the best deal, I dent my stock bumper and figured what the heck why not upgrade. No idea how it will actually handle a hit.
Should handle a hit a lot better than a stock bumper will, the one Iím picking up is a FabFours as wellAlso plugged in my block heater as itís getting cold and when I start the truck prefer to warm up quickly

Old 12-29-2017, 07:05 PM
DogRidesInBack
Posting Guru
DogRidesInBack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DogRidesInBack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Replaced the glow plug relay while the outside temp was above freezing but well below 45. Then started the truck.

Then took a sip of slushy icy water from the bottle on I had left in the cup holder days before.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:29 AM
Mastertinner
Senior User
Plugged the 6.7l in at the hotel last night. Will be leaving to these temps this morning.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:02 AM
Ikes_Fseries
Junior User
Ikes_Fseries is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well after 12 years of no problem starts, the old girl has become hard to start on cold mornings. So, added the block heater cord, plugged in this morning for about 4 hours and wa-la, started like a new truck. It was 17f here this morning.
Its an 05, 6.0 with 263k. Hope to get a few more years out of her.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:37 PM
FordmanNJ
Posting Guru
FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.FordmanNJ has a great reputation on FTE.
I upgraded from HIDs to LEDs for the headlights and Driving lights. They were a Christmas give from the wife. No more waiting for the bulbs to warm up. No more RFI when the lights are on and the loss of distance channels. Worst part of the job? Single digits when I was working on the truck plus all the road salt on the truck. However, very nice.

@Batman7777 SG2 are nice. Many of us have them. Definitely a nice tool to have for quick code reading and live data from the CMs for informational purposes. I had one in my F150 and it moved to my 250. It was really great knowing temps were in check or a possible problem in the future.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Bugzilla46310
Elder User
Bugzilla46310 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bugzilla46310 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bugzilla46310 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bugzilla46310 has a very good reputation on FTE.
As I was driving to work this morning and the truck's thermometer was reading -15 F, I was thanking the Ford engineers for taking the cold weather testing they did seriously when they designed my 2016!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.