1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Super Duty today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 04:53 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Put a flatbed on my new to me 2003 5.4.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:15 AM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by black & blue 78/9
Where did you get those rear fenders? I have never seen that style. Was it a factory or dealer option?
Those are factory dually fenders on 2011-2016 trucks. in 2017 they switched back to the more square/boxy shaped dually fenders.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:29 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 978 Likes on 753 Posts
That type of front receiver is not going to hold the weight......you need the one that had the H frame attached to the recover so that it does not tip and hit the concrete on bumps if loaded Harvey on one side....ask me how I know.

2 things you can do

put large milk crates inside to separate the load and prevent it from shifting

bokt on some hook rings on the bottoms of each corner on the truck side and hook chain the hook rings to you tow rings .

Old 10-15-2017, 10:42 PM
Sdowdle541
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
Put a flatbed on my new to me 2003 5.4.

I love flat beds so I think that's a badass truck!

Old 10-16-2017, 09:11 AM
JoeDLS
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2011 F250 6.7 DIESEL

Installed a Ranch Hand Brush Guard and replaced fog light w/ some Rough Country LEDs(way to bright to use as FOG lights, will only use either off road or when DUMB *** cuts me off on Highway)

Last edited by JoeDLS; 10-16-2017 at 09:13 AM. Reason: MISSPELLED DIESEL
Old 10-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spudthegreater
Been working on my project for some time now. Next year I'm getting a truck camper slide in type and had seen several different setups that guys had with toolboxes attached to a front frame hitch because they had campers in the back. The first thing EVERYONE is concerned about is airflow, but everyone that has done it so far has had no issues with it, and if you look closely at my setup you will notice that it's low enough to allow airflow through the radiator anyway. Front view with safety poles off of snow plow blade. used a harbor freight cargo carrier as a base. Had to cut some of the top railing on so I could fasten my Craig's list $80 truck box to it. had to make cuts at blue lines so base could be fastened to tool box
Had to buy the frame mount hitch receiver from Amazon, that cost $105. That required removal of front end bumper assembly, some hole locating and drilling and blind bolt fastening. took me a few hours, but I'm fat and slow... also had a friend weld on another receiver to lower it 6". here you can visualize the attachment and the extra receiver mount that was lowered
another close up view of front end. two padlocks on latch hasps and safety cable with combo brass lock ties to frame with receiver pin lock as well for security 4 locks in all. can't open top with steel cable locked up, if you could manage it, then you'd have to also cut the other two master locks which now are actually brass industrial not pictured here. And if you thought you could simply remove the whole assembly there is the matter of the receiver pin lock.
That's an interesting install, kind of clever the way you did and are able to take it off, that's clever. Only Thing that would worry me is if you really had to hit the brakes hard, but It may not move depending how much weight is in there I guess. Still though very clever idea

Old 10-17-2017, 01:30 AM
jkhuntin
5th Wheeling
My biggest concern would be the fact that those hitch haul carriers aren't designed to carry that kind of weight. I could just see touling along at 65 mph, hitting a rough bridge expansion joint and the next thing you know your doing the dukes of hazard jump off your now in the road tool box. Just my .02.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:03 PM
DeeDubz
More Turbo
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Not so much my super duty but My homie came by today and pushed some dirt

Old 10-18-2017, 02:26 PM
spudthegreater
Mountain Pass

additional receiver welded to bottom to lower tube receiver
Originally Posted by speakerfritz
That type of front receiver is not going to hold the weight......you need the one that had the H frame attached to the recover so that it does not tip and hit the concrete on bumps if loaded Harvey on one side....ask me how I know.

2 things you can do

put large milk crates inside to separate the load and prevent it from shifting

bokt on some hook rings on the bottoms of each corner on the truck side and hook chain the hook rings to you tow rings .
The picture didnt really show it well, i dealt with that exact issue by installing two square tubed braces from the carrier to the steel bumper on the ends just underneath the hooks. I didnt even have to drill the bumper, the holes were already there... i weigh 270 and can put my full weight on either end with almost 0 Flex... the carrier is rated for 500lbs the receiver for over 1000. its directly bolted to both sides of the frame. there wont be anywhere near 200lbs total in the box anyway, it can hold it.

Old 10-22-2017, 07:32 PM
pocoloco71
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
drop hitch

Install a drop hitch, to level my car hauler. I used some info from another
post to do the ciphering. This one leveled my car hauler out.

Attached Images   
Old 10-25-2017, 05:08 PM
12engine
Postmaster
I installed emergency strobe lights in my truck (I'm a volunteer firefighter) awhile ago, and the grille lights were ziptied to the honeycomb grille till today, when I fabricated brackets from some scrap aluminium I had kicking around.
When I initially installed the lights, I cut out part of the honeycomb so they would sit flush, and the rear of the light would be recessed into the grille.
Out back, I have a strobe light in each taillight and reverse light, and they are set up to alternate (drivers tail and passenger reverse flash at same time, and vice versa)

Old 10-25-2017, 06:10 PM
Ron94150
Postmaster
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 12engine
I installed emergency strobe lights in my truck (I'm a volunteer firefighter) awhile ago, and the grille lights were ziptied to the honeycomb grille till today, when I fabricated brackets from some scrap aluminium I had kicking around.
When I initially installed the lights, I cut out part of the honeycomb so they would sit flush, and the rear of the light would be recessed into the grille.
Out back, I have a strobe light in each taillight and reverse light, and they are set up to alternate (drivers tail and passenger reverse flash at same time, and vice versa)
You know the laws better than I, so I’m not arguing, but I thought that volunteers firefighters were not allowed to run blue lights? Maybe that’s state or local laws. I know that law enforcement is usually very lenient with you guys.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Sam I Am
Posting Guru
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Blue is PD only here in AR. Big messy felony stop if you don't have some sort of LEO credentials and get caught here using a blue light.
I know that in TX and OK any state DOT service vehicle will run any color light they want. Whether or not it is legal there I don't know, but they use every color there is on the same truck.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Bugzilla46310
Laughing Gas
Received 280 Likes on 151 Posts
Did a Lynard Skynard

Had my truck for about a year and a half now without a scratch so I guess I thought I would try a Lynard Skynard with an oak tree. Backing up extremely slow with the tailgate down and a bulky box on the tailgate on a dark morning I backed into an oak tree, in my own driveway to make it worse. Made me feel real smart, as the better half reaffirmed. Guess I got lucky and found a new take off the same color for $700. But I do have better things I could use $700 for. Will pick up the new tailgate tomorrow.

Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2017, 08:44 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Bugzilla46310
Had my truck for about a year and a half now without a scratch so I guess I thought I would try a Lynard Skynard with an oak tree. Backing up extremely slow with the tailgate down and a bulky box on the tailgate on a dark morning I backed into an oak tree, in my own driveway to make it worse. Made me feel real smart, as the better half reaffirmed. Guess I got lucky and found a new take off the same color for $700. But I do have better things I could use $700 for. Will pick up the new tailgate tomorrow.
Bummer on the damage, but incredible luck on the find. I have a damaged tailgate at home I will eventually attempt to repair, but I will still need to get the appropriate hardware to make it work. That's what is so great about your find. Just the shell of the tailgate sells for over $600.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Super Duty today?