1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

o/t, anyone near Vancouver, BC area that could look at a car for me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 11:41 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,423 Likes on 1,379 Posts
o/t, anyone near Vancouver, BC area that could look at a car for me?

Hi all, I'm reaching out to my friends in and around the Vancouver, BC, Canada area that could look at a car for sale near there for me. (like I really need another project, but I think I got the wife excited about it. )
I'm willing to compensate for your time. It's about 8 hours away from me plus I don't have documentation to cross the border, so it's impossible for me to see it in person. Would like independent verification to know if the car is legit. Please pm me with a phone number and/or email and I would be happy to contact you with details. Thanks, Wayne

Old 05-20-2016, 06:20 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Btp. What! No documentation? I would say just hook up the trailer and go for a ride if your wifes excited about it.

But i guess if you can't cross the border then that wouldnt work.
Good luck.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:42 PM
South of BC
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So Wayne, are you saying you are undocumented? I have friends in Grand Forks that have relatives in the Vancouver area. I can ask them when I see them Sunday if you haven't heard from someone here. I think your number is still in my phone, I'll call you if I get a positive response.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:32 PM
CaptPayne
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wayne,
I'll be in the Vancouver area Tuesday (hopefully if plans work out)... send me a message and we can see what we can do.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:58 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Thanks Guys! CaptPayne I sent you a PM.

Yes, James, according to the people running the great state of Washington, since they've been granting drivers licenses to anyone, documented or not, who walks into a licensing office with cash in hand, we're all now considered undocumented unless we bring in documentation and pay more fees to get a special, "enhanced" drivers license. The US government, TSA and the airlines have announced they will no longer accept Washington drivers licenses as legal proof of US residency and cannot board air planes. They want to see a passport or enhanced license. I had to show my birth cert nearly 40 years ago when I was first licensed to drive here. Apparently I need to do that again if I want to leave.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:19 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
We were in the same boat here, Wayne, but they finally resolved it. The MVD finally figured out they had given DL's to over a thousand Asian immigrants who all lived in the same vacant lot in Hobbs, NM, that was kind of the last straw. They were flying in from the east coast just to get a DL. And that's on top of the 1,000 or so blank DL's that an MVD employee sold for dope money.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:46 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 52 Merc

The US government, TSA and the airlines have announced they will no longer accept Washington drivers licenses as legal proof of US residency and cannot board air planes.
Does that mean you don't have to pay taxes anymore but can get welfare and free medical benefits?

Old 05-25-2016, 12:40 AM
Jules The Great
More Turbo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
Does that mean you don't have to pay taxes anymore but can get welfare and free medical benefits?

Funny, but it never works out in our favour!

Old 05-25-2016, 09:58 AM
South of BC
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 52 Merc

Yes, James, according to the people running the great state of Washington, since they've been granting drivers licenses to anyone, documented or not, who walks into a licensing office with cash in hand, we're all now considered undocumented unless we bring in documentation and pay more fees to get a special, "enhanced" drivers license. The US government, TSA and the airlines have announced they will no longer accept Washington drivers licenses as legal proof of US residency and cannot board air planes. They want to see a passport or enhanced license. I had to show my birth cert nearly 40 years ago when I was first licensed to drive here. Apparently I need to do that again if I want to leave.
Passports still work. When mine expired I went with the enhanced license because it was one less document to carry, plus it was cheaper if I recall correctly. It only works for Canada (maybe Mexico, I don't know or really care as I have no plans to ever return to Mexico) but I don't plan on going to any other countries. If it wasn't for my going to Canada a couple of times a week I probably wouldn't have one either.

I asked a friend, the only person he knew in Vancouver was his daughter, and by the look on his face I could tell the answer would have been no. I know others I can ask if you haven't had success yet.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:00 PM
49 Merc P/U
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi I live in Langley about 20 miles from Vancouver. I have to go there on Friday or early next week. Bruce

Old 05-26-2016, 08:36 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
No luck yet. Thanks for the help. 49 Merc, I'm sending you a PM. Thanks.