Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel

Old 05-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by djousma View Post
Thanks All! Best part is I get it by end of this month! Not beginning of July.

That is fine news. Now you can take the last spot at the G2G in Dells. Site 75 is still open waiting for one last FTE'r to lock in on the trip...

Old 05-09-2016, 02:13 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Rodney. Is it Labor day weekend? If so, unfortunately we are already booked, oddly enough in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Maybe would have to take a day trip at least and stop in.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Nope, the week of the 4th of July. You're out of excuses...

Old 05-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Congrats Dave........

That will be a darn nice rig.......

We are at Sherwood Forest ......Dells, Wisconsin.......5 - 11 July.

Be there, Be Square.....!!

Old 05-09-2016, 07:51 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
So, the dealer says I should really get a slider hitch. Who am I to argue? I dont want to do the wrong thing, and all you long-timers are comfortable with all this.

Looking at this one:2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty Fifth Wheel - Demco RV

What do you think?

DAve

Old 05-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
So, the dealer says I should really get a slider hitch. Who am I to argue? I dont want to do the wrong thing, and all you long-timers are comfortable with all this.

Looking at this one:2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty Fifth Wheel - Demco RV

What do you think?

DAve
I do not know........I have always had Long Box trucks. The dealer may be giving good advice......
Ya don't want an "AW Chit" making a hard turn......

Old 05-09-2016, 08:10 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy View Post
I do not know........I have always had Long Box trucks. The dealer may be giving good advice......
Ya don't want an "AW Chit" making a hard turn......
Exactly, especially from a newbie moment... He's also big on the Curt brand, but theirs looks like a manual slider.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Exactly, especially from a newbie moment... He's also big on the Curt brand, but theirs looks like a manual slider.
I've always been Very happy with the B&W brand......

Old 05-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Old 05-09-2016, 08:34 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
Yea, no doubt, B&W makes a nice hitch. I was all set to buy their 20K model that plugs into the pucks. I looked at that slider, but I've also read about guys having some trouble with that model using the turnover ball. To me, the hitches that utilize the 4 point ford installed pucks "seems" stronger than just the single point.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:36 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
The only downside with the Demco is the sheer weight of the thing. Shipping weight is 321 pounds. I dont know how I would easily remove it when in off season, or if I need to use the bed to haul something. Need some kind of a hoist or something. Do you guys know how others handle this?

Old 05-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
The only downside with the Demco is the sheer weight of the thing. Shipping weight is 321 pounds. I dont know how I would easily remove it when in off season, or if I need to use the bed to haul something. Need some kind of a hoist or something. Do you guys know how others handle this?
Maybe it removes in pieces.......

What about the curt.......is it a puck system and slider......??

I agree, the puck system is very nice. I have it on this truck.....

Had the underbed companion with my last truck... Great system, but not as easy to get in and out.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:20 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy View Post
Maybe it removes in pieces.......

What about the curt.......is it a puck system and slider......??

I agree, the puck system is very nice. I have it on this truck.....

Had the underbed companion with my last truck... Great system, but not as easy to get in and out.
Curt does fit the pucks, but looks to be a manual slider. The Demco does come apart in pieces. The hitch head comes off first, so maybe manageable.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:33 PM
elee3
Posting Guru
elee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to behold
I have a B&W Patriot, which mounts on traditional rails. When I sold my Reese and bought this thing, I was not prepared for how much better it would be. I was shocked at how much better it made my towing experience. I had read all of the people talking them up, but I didn't believe there could be that much difference. Everything is so tight, smooth and easy to operate.
When I bought mine, they didn't offer a slider, so I decided to try life without that capability (since I never needed to used the slider on my Reese). I haven't regretted that decision, and I turn in some pretty tight spots.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by elee3 View Post
I have a B&W Patriot, which mounts on traditional rails. When I sold my Reese and bought this thing, I was not prepared for how much better it would be. I was shocked at how much better it made my towing experience. I had read all of the people talking them up, but I didn't believe there could be that much difference. Everything is so tight, smooth and easy to operate.
When I bought mine, they didn't offer a slider, so I decided to try life without that capability (since I never needed to used the slider on my Reese). I haven't regretted that decision, and I turn in some pretty tight spots.
Howdy Sailor......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: