Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page > Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel
Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel

Old 05-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Army RET
Elder User
Army RET has a very good reputation on FTE.Army RET has a very good reputation on FTE.Army RET has a very good reputation on FTE.
That nose cone is too futuristic looking for my taste.
Or maybe I'm jealous.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:51 PM
IronCobra
Posting Guru
IronCobra is a splendid one to beholdIronCobra is a splendid one to beholdIronCobra is a splendid one to beholdIronCobra is a splendid one to beholdIronCobra is a splendid one to beholdIronCobra is a splendid one to beholdIronCobra is a splendid one to beholdIronCobra is a splendid one to behold
Great rig! There is one here in Corpus that's been for sale for almost 2 years. Maybe they will come off it big time. I was surprised at how much you could save some high end Fifth wheels after the 5 year mark. Unfortunately most look extremely dated at that point, but I found the 2011 Heartland Landmark is a beauty! Even at 5 yrs old.

2011 Heartland Landmark GRAND CANYON, Fort Myers FL - - RVtrader.com

Here's the link to the Cardinal here
http://www.coloniadelreyrvsales.com/...t_id=1775&new=

Old 05-04-2016, 05:58 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
Justin,

That is a nice looking rig. Thing is that improvements get made every year. The price point of these things is not for the faint of heart, but I want to buy the "last one" next. may not be the last one, but dont want buyers remorse either a year later.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:04 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
That happens a lot Dave. We are on out third new one since 2011 and are finally where we want to be. I wish we started here...

Old 05-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by djousma View Post
Also, i have the 5th wheel prep on my 2016. Not sure which hitch to go with. Dont think I need a slider, but not even sure on that either. I want something I can remove and have a clean bed to haul stuff.

Any suggestions?
B&W hitch is US Made and over built........
I have had 3 of them (3 different trucks)

I would not even consider any other. The company's customer service is Fantastic.!!

The Cardinal is an excellent 5th wheel.........

Old 05-04-2016, 08:58 PM
hoseclamp
Senior User
hoseclamp has a great reputation on FTE.hoseclamp has a great reputation on FTE.hoseclamp has a great reputation on FTE.hoseclamp has a great reputation on FTE.hoseclamp has a great reputation on FTE.
great looking rv

Old 05-05-2016, 06:36 AM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
thanks for the feedback on the hitches. I've had my eye on the B&W for a long time so you all just confirm what I've been thinking. I like that it comes out in two pieces, easier to remove in the non-camping months. Is that all that I need? Or are there adapters needed to make it connect to the 5th wheel hitch prep? Sorry if that's a dumb question, this is my first fifth wheel.

Companion OEM - 5th Wheel Hitch - Fits Ford Puck System | Puck Mounted Attachment | THE B&W ADVANTAGE

Old 05-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
No adapter needed and yes it's two pieces to make handling easy. You drop the base into your OEM pucks and turn the handles to lock in place. Then you put the hitch head on top. Easy as can be. I can take mine in and out in less than a minute leaving a nice flat bed floor.

You getting closer to pulling the trigger Dave?

Old 05-05-2016, 07:01 AM
djousma
Posting Guru
Still waiting on the dealer's initial offer. Oddly, I talked to them on Tuesday, and I expected them to get back to me pretty quickly. Told him I'd like to see something before we make the 1 hour drive this coming Saturday to do another walk through. There is another identical one in the vicinity EXCEPT for the full body paint. Might go take a peek at that one too. From the dealers photo's not crazy about the standard look, but could be the photo's too.

If we are able to come together on the numbers, I want to pull the trigger to be able to have it before Memorial day weekend camping.

I guess I am going to have to call the sales guy back to ask where the deal is. I was trying to avoid that, and not tip our hand on intentions. I am not necessarily the best negotiator. I buy all my cars on X-PLAN, so not a lot of negotiating needed there.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:09 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
On the full body paint, it's only partially about looks for me. Perhaps the bigger part is upkeep. No black streaks, faded or peeling decals, or oxidizing fiberglass. Wax it once a year and it just looks new all the time. Even after sitting out all winter ours looked like it did the day we picked it up this spring. My last three RV's were standard fiberglass and even when new required a LOT more work to keep looking nice. (And still didn't look nearly as good...)

On negotiating, you don't. You just tell them the price you are going to pay. Either they take it or they leave it. They will lie and say it's under their cost, loosing money, etc... blah blah blah. It would seem that everything I buy, and I buy a lot, the dealer has lost money. Um sure... That line is SOP. Anyways, they will likely decline initially and this is where it gets difficult. DO NOT call them back first. It's a game of chicken to see who blinks. Either they will take the deal and will call you or they won't in which case there is no reason to call them. 35% off can be found elsewhere. You know it and they know it. However, if you call them back first, they will sense urgency on your part and it WILL cost you money.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:25 AM
djousma
Posting Guru
Thanks Rodney. That's the kind of help I was looking for. I will sit back, and wait for him to call me then. No actual pricing has been discussed yet other than me telling the sales guy that they are going to have to improve on the price they have listed on the internet listing.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:21 AM
dlibson
Post Fiend
dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.
The way I have handled the waiting game in a situation like yours is simple. Wait like Rodney said, or push them. When we got ours they priced prettu good right of the bat. But there was room. I called and said, I can get it for $xx,xxx at xxxx dealer right now. I'd like to buy from you, but for the savings I will go there. So it's simple. Sell it, or don't. I had the green light 5 minutes later...

Old 05-05-2016, 08:29 AM
djousma
Posting Guru
I get that. The problem is that I am still waiting for an initial quote. I didn't come out of the box in my initial conversation with him with what I was willing to pay. So, here I sit.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:32 AM
dlibson
Post Fiend
dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.
I didn't either. I just made them aware I had a number elsewhere and was ready to move for the right deal.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:44 AM
djousma
Posting Guru
So, in my current situation, do I wait for them to contact me? See, this is the part of the "games" that I am not fluent in, and don't want to mess things up. Seems like a dance of sorts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: