Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel

Old 05-12-2016, 06:33 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
I appreciate you guys sitting in the "waiting room" with me...

Old 05-12-2016, 06:33 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Next year, the coast of Maine Dave. Bar Harbor. Be there...

Old 05-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Ferguson65
Postmaster
Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by elee3 View Post
Sounds like a good excuse to buy a tractor with a front end loader. I'm always looking for these kind of problems that can be solved with a new motorized toy.

I like your thinking!

Old 05-12-2016, 06:39 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Wait for what? The G2G?
No, the wait for the 2017 Order banks to open....

Old 05-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by djousma View Post
No, the wait for the 2017 Order banks to open....
Dave, they have been open since April 15th...

Old 05-12-2016, 06:47 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
you order yet?

Old 05-12-2016, 07:08 PM
Karl4Cat
you order yet?
I would but they aren't going to be delivered to dealers until Sept/Oct after my RV pulling season is done and the snow and salt is around the corner. Ordering in Feb for an April delivery...

Old 05-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
I was talking about the "WAIT" for the New Cardinal..........

Old 05-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Karl4Cat
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy View Post
I was talking about the "WAIT" for the New Cardinal..........
He knows Roy. He also knows that others are waiting for something too...

Old 05-12-2016, 07:43 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
hey, we might as well all be in the same pain together!

Old 05-12-2016, 07:46 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
So, oddly, the first dealer called me yesterday. I couldnt take the call at that moment, so I called him back 10 minutes later. He answered, but said that he had customers at his desk, and would call me back 45 minutes later. Needless to say, he never called me back. I was going to politely listen to what he had to say, and then proceed to explain to him that his lack of communication lost him the sale(besides their initial pricing). It will be interesting to see if he eventually calls back.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Karl4Cat
So, oddly, the first dealer called me yesterday. I couldnt take the call at that moment, so I called him back 10 minutes later. He answered, but said that he had customers at his desk, and would call me back 45 minutes later. Needless to say, he never called me back. I was going to politely listen to what he had to say, and then proceed to explain to him that his lack of communication lost him the sale(besides their initial pricing). It will be interesting to see if he eventually calls back.

Crazy and yet that dealer is still making money. Think of their poor customers and how more often than not, folks just don't know any better.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:11 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
That Cardinal is one heavy trailer. GVWR on the sticker is 16280. Assuming a 20% pin weight thats about 3200 if she's loaded to the max. For the truck, GVWR is 11500, GCWR is 23,500. Fr GAWR is 6000, R GAWR is 7000 from the sticker in the door jam I havent run this truck over the scales, but assuming its around 8K.

Not going to be a lot of spare capacity assuming the trailer is loaded to max. Book says 13,559 is the dry weight, but we all know thats a imaginary number.

I guess its a little closer than I thought it would be. But looks ok.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Karl4Cat
20% pin isn't always what happens Dave. Wait until you get it to worry too much. Hit the scales than you'll know for sure. You'll be close but nothing to be too worried about.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:23 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
What does your Toy Hauler weigh, Rodney?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: