Project Lazarus-The Mare Resurrection - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Project Lazarus-The Mare Resurrection

Notices
1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Lazarus-The Mare Resurrection

Old 05-04-2016, 12:55 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
fordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant future
S472. Picked it up for 100 (dusted) and had it rebuilt

Old 05-04-2016, 02:39 PM
fordman67
Post Fiend
fordman67 is a name known to allfordman67 is a name known to allfordman67 is a name known to allfordman67 is a name known to allfordman67 is a name known to allfordman67 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by fordpride View Post
Mines bigger

I just don't see myself needing that. I'm on to the next aspect of my build... lol it's fixin to get crazy

Old 05-04-2016, 02:57 PM
lee00
Posting Guru
lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.lee00 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by fordman67 View Post
I just don't see myself needing that. I'm on to the next aspect of my build... lol it's fixin to get crazy

How big are semi turbos? could we use those, maybe in a twin set up?

Old 05-04-2016, 03:19 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
fordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant future
I'm on a mission to make a 850 daily

Old 05-04-2016, 04:30 PM
tshrager
Postmaster
tshrager has a very good reputation on FTE.tshrager has a very good reputation on FTE.tshrager has a very good reputation on FTE.
S472. Picked it up for 100 (dusted) and had it rebuilt
It wasn't the cost of the turbo that held me back from getting a 400 frame. It was the fact that I would've HAD to get injectors and a clutch now. I'm hoping to hold off on those for a bit.

You're not right. Lol

Originally Posted by lee00 View Post
How big are semi turbos? could we use those, maybe in a twin set up?
More air and fuel. It's all you need. Lol

That's insane!

Old 05-04-2016, 04:50 PM
fordman67
Post Fiend
fordman67 is a name known to allfordman67 is a name known to allfordman67 is a name known to allfordman67 is a name known to allfordman67 is a name known to allfordman67 is a name known to all
I applaud you on that. I will be watching.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:07 PM
El Camino Man
Postmaster
El Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cowmilker08 View Post
Look who found his way out of the OT thread!
I venture out once in a great while lol

Originally Posted by tshrager View Post
More air and fuel. It's all you need. Lol
Your math is wrong lol

More air + more fuel = tranny, push rods, springs, studs, intercooler, exhaust, rear end, front end, and in the extreme cases: billet block lol

Old 05-04-2016, 05:28 PM
tshrager
Postmaster
tshrager has a very good reputation on FTE.tshrager has a very good reputation on FTE.tshrager has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by El Camino Man View Post
I venture out once in a great while lol

Your math is wrong lol

More air + more fuel = tranny, push rods, springs, studs, intercooler, exhaust, rear end, front end, and in the extreme cases: billet block lol
Semantics. Ha ha ha.

Some stuff showed up today. Some paint, my new fuel tank and some casters. I'm going to build a couple of cradles so I can move the can and bed around easily on my own.

Work has been absolutely dreadful this week. Not to mention my boy has been just sick enough he wakes up at 4 am. Every single night. I'm trying to find the energy to go out and cut in the tunnel for the new DP. We shall see.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:43 PM
oldbird1965
Post Fiend
oldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to behold
A little boy is soooo much more important then a dog but the end result is the same, assuming it doesn't lead to anything else. My dog has been waking me up every morning at 3:30 to go out. I'm about ready to string her up but she is getting old (like me) so I have to be understanding. I just need my sleep or I'm a bear the next day !!

Old 05-04-2016, 08:44 PM
tshrager
Postmaster
Originally Posted by oldbird1965 View Post
A little boy is soooo much more important then a dog but the end result is the same, assuming it doesn't lead to anything else. My dog has been waking me up every morning at 3:30 to go out. I'm about ready to string her up but she is getting old (like me) so I have to be understanding. I just need my sleep or I'm a bear the next day !!
Such is life Glenn.

Came out to the shop to do the tunnel. Ended up just cleaning up and putting some stuff in the attic.

I did open the new rear tank and it's too narrow. Looks like I'll have to put a couple pieces of angle in to hold it. I went with the bronco 33. I've never personally liked how the 38 hangs so low. And for me, I don't need a ton of fuel. As tall as I am, I don't mind stretching my legs every so often to get fuel.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:32 PM
oldbird1965
Post Fiend
oldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to behold
I know what you mean Todd. I have jacked up my spare twice looking at it under the 38 gal and it just hangs down way to low. In the bed it went. Is the 33 that much thinner? Only five gallons different I can't image it but I know I don't like my spare in the bed. I have to much 'stuff' in the bed now!! Two Honda generators, a 40 gallon aux tank, tool box, the hitch and boards etc.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:47 PM
tshrager
Postmaster
I know what you mean Todd. I have jacked up my spare twice looking at it under the 38 gal and it just hangs down way to low. In the bed it went. Is the 33 that much thinner? Only five gallons different I can't image it but I know I don't like my spare in the bed. I have to much 'stuff' in the bed now!! Two Honda generators, a 40 gallon aux tank, tool box, the hitch and boards etc.
You definitely have a lot in your bed.

It will fall right through the frame rails.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:30 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
DIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tshrager View Post
Such is life Glenn.

Came out to the shop to do the tunnel. Ended up just cleaning up and putting some stuff in the attic.

I did open the new rear tank and it's too narrow. Looks like I'll have to put a couple pieces of angle in to hold it. I went with the bronco 33. I've never personally liked how the 38 hangs so low. And for me, I don't need a ton of fuel. As tall as I am, I don't mind stretching my legs every so often to get fuel.
Is the 33 that much thinner?
I was going to ask this as well. If it's only 5 gallons difference and it is narrower than the 38.... Seems to me it might be about the same height, no?

Old 05-05-2016, 07:49 AM
tshrager
Postmaster
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic View Post
I was going to ask this as well. If it's only 5 gallons difference and it is narrower than the 38.... Seems to me it might be about the same height, no?
Unfortunately, that's probably what we are looking at. I don't know how tall the 38 is.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:57 AM
El Camino Man
Postmaster
El Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to beholdEl Camino Man is a splendid one to behold
Iv also kicked around the idea of a 38 gallon. If you like the looks of a 33 better its a no brainer

33 gallon = 500 miles to E
38 gallon = 570 miles to E
(assuming 15 mpg)

Is the drooping tank worth 70 miles?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project Lazarus-The Mare Resurrection

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: