Intro - 1950 F47 (F1) - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Intro - 1950 F47 (F1)

Old 12-01-2016, 01:54 PM
KirkF
Senior User
KirkF has a very good reputation on FTE.KirkF has a very good reputation on FTE.KirkF has a very good reputation on FTE.
Lando,

I haven't got as far as decals yet. I'll let you know when I get to that stage.

Kirk

Old 12-02-2016, 01:10 AM
Lando25
Freshman User
Lando25 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by KirkF View Post
Lando,

I haven't got as far as decals yet. I'll let you know when I get to that stage.

Kirk
Sounds good the only thing I've heard is that only US decals are available, and I know the one (like yours) on my oil canister is different.

Old 12-24-2016, 02:07 AM
KirkF
Senior User
KirkF has a very good reputation on FTE.KirkF has a very good reputation on FTE.KirkF has a very good reputation on FTE.
This is a picture of the decal on my air cleaner.
I think the only way we will be replacing that is to get a good picture of one and print it ourselves on some kind of good decal material.

Kirk

Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2016, 02:14 AM
KirkF
Senior User
December 2016 Update:

1. The frame is still at the frame shop. Just getting the final touches. They did excellent work welding up the cracks and bending it back to its original shape. It is going in for final sand blasting and being powder coated in semi gloss black this week.

The bill for the frame work is coming in higher than I hoped. So as usual I'm over budget.

I also ordered up everything for the suspension and brakes. Literally everything that's a wear part is getting replaced. And that's coming in a lot higher than I hoped as well. Which is of course par for the course with this hobby.

2. The block and internals are in at the machine shop, with the first step being to check for cracks, magna-flux. etc. Haven't heard anything from them yet.

Kirk

Old 12-24-2016, 09:46 AM
Corner Gas
Post Fiend
Corner Gas has a brilliant futureCorner Gas has a brilliant futureCorner Gas has a brilliant futureCorner Gas has a brilliant futureCorner Gas has a brilliant futureCorner Gas has a brilliant futureCorner Gas has a brilliant futureCorner Gas has a brilliant futureCorner Gas has a brilliant futureCorner Gas has a brilliant futureCorner Gas has a brilliant future
I think the only way we will be replacing that is to get a good picture of one and print it ourselves on some kind of good decal material.

Kirk
That decal is the same as the one on my truck and about the same condition.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:34 PM
Lando25
Freshman User

Kirk
I have a decal machine and photoshop. I just need some time to recreate it. When I get it done I can send you or whoever wants a couple decals for your own trucks.

Do you have the decal that goes on the oil canister?

Thanks

Old 12-27-2016, 02:13 PM
KirkF
Senior User
That's great Lando!

I'll see whats left of my oil canister decal once I get it all cleaned off. I don't think there is a lot left though.

I'll ask around to see if anyone has a good example that they can take a picture of.

Kirk

Old 12-27-2016, 02:18 PM
KirkF
Senior User
Actually for the air cleaner, we can order from this site:

****** Jeep Parts, Restoration & Wiring - Walck's 4 Wheel Drive Donaldson Air Cleaner Decal

To get a good copy for scanning. Says made in the USA on it though.

Kirk

Old 12-28-2016, 12:46 AM
Lando25
Freshman User
Actually for the air cleaner, we can order from this site:

****** Jeep Parts, Restoration & Wiring - Walck's 4 Wheel Drive Donaldson Air Cleaner Decal

To get a good copy for scanning. Says made in the USA on it though.

Kirk
They look different enough form each other that ill still make it. Can you get me approx. dimensions of the oval when you get a chance?

Old 12-30-2016, 09:25 AM
KirkF
Senior User
Yes, next time I'm out working on the truck I'll get a couple pictures with the decal and a tape measure next to it.

and some decent Hi-res photos.

Kirk

Old 02-06-2017, 01:05 PM
KirkF
Senior User
Update:

1. Frame comes home next week. Powder coated semi gloss black. I'm just having the shop do the king pins while they have all the parts there.

2. The machine shop checked the block for cracks and hot tanked it. The crank and rod bearings will be .010 and the pistons can be .030

However I saw an ad on the local facebook classic cars thread, and I ended up purchasing a 1950 mercury motor (disassembled) and another transmission. I'm going to meet the guy in a nearby town in the next couple weeks to take possession.

So I'm thinking I'll take that mercury 4" crank into the machine shop, and if it checks out ok I'll be swapping it in for my ford crank.

Kirk

Old 03-02-2017, 06:00 PM
KirkF
Senior User
While I'm waiting for the machine shop to check the mercury 4" crank, I brought the block back and started working on cutting and drilling the block for adjustable lifters.

Attached Images   
Old 04-02-2017, 01:23 AM
KirkF
Senior User
I got the frame back from the frame shop. They did a nice job of straightening it out and powder coating it in semi gloss black.

Kirk

Attached Images    
Old 04-02-2017, 01:27 AM
ben73058
Postmaster
ben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to behold
Hey Kirk
Your frame looks fantastic... that's a real solid start. (Put something on those running board brackets quickly or you will know pain).

Ben in Austin
1950 F1

Old 04-02-2017, 01:27 AM
KirkF
Senior User
I started test assembling the rear suspension today.
Most of the parts fit without any issues but my shock pins are in lousy shape.

I plan on painting the leafs black before the final assembly.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the front hubs out of these old brake drums?

Kirk

Attached Images     

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intro - 1950 F47 (F1)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.