2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Sport Appearance

Old 08-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Rck747
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport Appearance

Hello everyone
I was curious as to know if Ford will ever introduce a Sport Package (color matched bumpers & such) on the F250? Not a big fan of chrome.
I am in no rush to purchase a new truck but this is something I wouldn't mind waiting for, & I'm aware it isn't too difficult to paint.

Ram has the Sport Appearance Group
GM has the All Terrain/Custom Sport Edition

Otherwise the only factory option would be the Platinum trim right?
Lariat trim is more than enough IMO, spending the extra 6k+ on the platinum is a little too much.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:52 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Rck747
Hello everyone
I was curious as to know if Ford will ever introduce a Sport Package (color matched bumpers & such) on the F250? Not a big fan of chrome.
I am in no rush to purchase a new truck but this is something I wouldn't mind waiting for, & I'm aware it isn't too difficult to paint.

Ram has the Sport Appearance Group
GM has the All Terrain/Custom Sport Edition

Otherwise the only factory option would be the Platinum trim right?
Lariat trim is more than enough IMO, spending the extra 6k+ on the platinum is a little too much.
I also love the look of paint match. I had my chrome Lariat bumpers painted. That is a lot cheaper than stepping into a Platinum if you want painted bumpers s

Old 08-12-2017, 04:21 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
How much was it to get your bumpers painted? Any problems with chipping yet? My last factory painted bumper was Swiss cheese after a few years.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:27 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Tricon
How much was it to get your bumpers painted? Any problems with chipping yet? My last factory painted bumper was Swiss cheese after a few years.
Buddy price of $400. With 4K miles on em, they don't have any chips yet.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Scorpion67
Elder User
Include the floor/console shifter? Looks great in the F150.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:37 AM
MadeInDade
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I feel the exact same way as the OP. I love these Super Duties, but HATE all the chrome. And even though the Platinum may give you painted bumpers, you end up with a ton of other chrome and silver (door handles, mirror caps, window trim, tailgate applique, grille, wheels, tow hooks, etc.)

The F-150's have a sport appearance package, I wish they would offer it in the Super Duties.

Though FYI, I did reach out to several powder coating shops which quoted me $150 - $175 per bumper which included hand sanding, priming, and top coating. The only problem is you may not be able to find an exact matching color, but I plan on going with Shadow Black on the truck so a high gloss black powder coat should blend right in. Plus it will be way tougher than paint.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:55 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You can get a King Ranch or Platinum with everything color matched except the grill and mirror caps.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Rck747
New User
Originally Posted by shortride
You can get a King Ranch or Platinum with everything color matched except the grill and mirror caps.
Ive always looked at the King Ranch as somewhat tacky.
Best bet would be a Lariat
I dont understand why they isn't avaliable, I wouldn't be surprised if this influenced a gang of GM/RAM buyers to jump ship.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:59 PM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rck747
Ive always looked at the King Ranch as somewhat tacky.
Best bet would be a Lariat
I don't understand why they isn't available, I wouldn't be surprised if this influenced a gang of GM/RAM buyers to jump ship.
It's quiet obvious that some driver select their favorite choices of trucks for different reasons. I've driven Ford all of my life except for one. I thought I would buy a new RAM Longhorn to see what I had been missing. The gadget, Bell and Whistles were very impressive and far nicer than those of a Ford at the time. If I were going to buy a truck for it's appearances, digital display and sound system I very likely would still be driving a RAM. I am a dedicated Ford man and for that reason and the fact that Ford products have always served me well plus the fact that the large flat floorboard in the back, I will continue to be a dedicated Ford owner.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Rck747
New User
I'd be all up on a
F250 Lariat 4x4 6.7
Blue Jean Metallic Sport Package in a heartbeat.
that color is something else

Old 08-13-2017, 03:19 PM
reseehc_99
Tuned
Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
I'd like a sport package with black cloth interior as long as they don't force the console with it. I'd choose the bench seat over painted bumpers.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:32 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by shortride
It's quiet obvious that some driver select their favorite choices of trucks for different reasons. I've driven Ford all of my life except for one. I thought I would buy a new RAM Longhorn to see what I had been missing. The gadget, Bell and Whistles were very impressive and far nicer than those of a Ford at the time. If I were going to buy a truck for it's appearances, digital display and sound system I very likely would still be driving a RAM. I am a dedicated Ford man and for that reason and the fact that Ford products have always served me well plus the fact that the large flat floorboard in the back, I will continue to be a dedicated Ford owner.
It's funny how the smallest "items" are so important to individual buyers. Apparently flat rear floors are very important to you... the exterior lines are very important to me... and the torque or HP may be very important to the next guy. I almost went Ram because I do like the front end angle (like a 70's Ford) leans forward and their crew cab is the same length as the Ford Super cab (I was looking for a shorter overall length). My reason for going Ford was the overall exterior look.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 578 Likes on 383 Posts
I owned 2 2016 F150s with Sport packages. I would love if Ford offered equivalent in a Super Duty. Eliminate exterior chrome, add black cloth bucket seats and a center console shift lever.

The thing that I like the least with my F350 is having the shift on the steering column and not having a center console shift.

I have my Lariat leather seats covered with Ford Carhartt covers.

Here are some pictures of both of my F150 Sports.

Name:  0J8iqb5l.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  gDStPGnl.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  70.1 KB

Name:  SRUxXyUl.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  50.5 KB

Old 08-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Bcjmill
Junior User