Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  

97 F350 4x4 Steering Stabilizer Location

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 05:35 PM
TC-Countryboy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
97 F350 4x4 Steering Stabilizer Location

Recently acquired a 97 F350 and it drives and steers fine, but I would like to add a steering stabilizer to absorb some of the shock hitting bumps and potholes. Where did the factory stabilizer mount? On the passenger side of the front axle, on the spring plate, there is a tab turned up with about a 1" hole that looks like it may be intended for one end of the stabilizer, as it directly lines up with the steering cross bar. If this is the location for one end, then all I would need to add is the stabilizer, and the appropriate bracket on the steering bar. Any insight on this subject would be helpful.
Thank you,

Old 05-18-2016, 06:18 PM
IcutMetl
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TC-Countryboy
Recently acquired a 97 F350 and it drives and steers fine, but I would like to add a steering stabilizer to absorb some of the shock hitting bumps and potholes. Where did the factory stabilizer mount? On the passenger side of the front axle, on the spring plate, there is a tab turned up with about a 1" hole that looks like it may be intended for one end of the stabilizer, as it directly lines up with the steering cross bar. If this is the location for one end, then all I would need to add is the stabilizer, and the appropriate bracket on the steering bar. Any insight on this subject would be helpful.
Thank you,
I was getting ready to post that exact question; I have the same truck.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:24 AM
TC-Countryboy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IcutMetl
I was getting ready to post that exact question; I have the same truck.
Well, seems no one has an answer, so, I am just going to get a stabilizer, and try it and see if it works coming off the spring perch. I will fab my own bracket to go on the steering. If and when I get a chance to do it, I will post back and let you know how it fits.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:52 PM
ratmanms
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
add a stabilizer

Hi TC, I want to add a stabilizer too and I have the same hole in the passenger side spring perch but how did you connect the other end and to what bar,
I this the same thing as a steering damper?

Thanks,
Ratman