Holley 1904 Carb Question - Page 32 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Holley 1904 Carb Question

Old 04-02-2018, 09:57 AM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all
I checked with Dennis Carpenter this morning. They show the harness that I need in their on-line catalog, but it is out of stock and discontinued. A call to the company confirmed this unfortunate reality. They do have harnesses for 53 and newer I6 engines, however. I know the distributor position was changed for 53, but maybe a 53 harness could be modified to work for my engine.

Jim

P.S. We have another 8+ inches of snow predicted for tonight and tomorrow. Tonight's predicted low temp--1 below zero!

Old 04-02-2018, 04:42 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Try googling the p/n, one of the DC distributors may have it in stock? Might also check Rhode Island Electrical.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:24 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all52 USCG Panel is a name known to all
Thanks Ross! Rhode Island Wiring Service Inc. appears to have the engine and under dash wire harness that I am looking for!! Their on-line listing states that their harness is custom made for a 1952 6 cylinder Ford F1, and it uses original appearing cloth color coded wire. Interestingly, they do not show a similar harness for 53 and newer 6 cylinder Ford F1's. The only catch is that the Rhode Island Wiring harness is priced about $200 higher than the one I had ordered from Narragansett Reproductions. At this point, I guess I wouldn't haggle over $200. I'd probably be satisfied with a refund on my original order.

Rhode Island Wiring is closed for today, but I will give them a call tomorrow. Narragansett had today to locate their "missing" package. Not surprisingly, I didn't hear anything from them today.

Jim

P.S. Rhode Island Wiring does not have the harness I need in stock. Wait time for them to make one is about 8 weeks.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:57 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
If you're not stuck on the fabric-covered wiring, I think Rhode Island also sells standard (modern) PVC jacketed looms for less. I've heard nothing but good things about them, the Old Ford crowd uses them a lot. Note also they don't use the crappy copper-coated aluminum wire.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:29 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
Just to up-date--Narragansett Reproductions has officially given up trying to locate my missing harnesses. They have instead agreed to make a new reproduction harness for me. Interestingly enough they say because they now have drawings for my harness, and the wire they will need, they hope to be able to ship my replacement before Saturday. I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

What could possibly go wrong with the installation? LOL.

Jim

P.S. Still snowing here--all day! We have considerably more snow on the ground than we had for Christmas.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:48 PM
raytasch
Old guy with old toys
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
Hope they come thru for you, Jim. Perhaps they'll send a complimentary chilled cool beverage along with the harness.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:14 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by raytasch View Post
Hope they come thru for you, Jim. Perhaps they'll send a complimentary chilled cool beverage along with the harness.
Or at least some free wire nuts!

Old 04-03-2018, 09:17 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
I'm hoping too Ray. It's been quite a journey for sure, but then all is well that ends well. The person most inconvenienced by this whole thing is my friend, the auto electric shop owner. My truck has been taking up a stall in his shop since early January.

Narragansett Reproductions had trouble making the drawings, sourcing the correct coded wire, and finally there was a shipping error. Either it was a perfect storm of unfortunate coincidences or gross negligence. I'll know how I'll be voting when I receive their harness and get it installed. I'll be sure to make a full report.

Jim

Old 04-09-2018, 12:52 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
The saga continues...When I called this morning to check to see if the replacement harness had been shipped by Saturday as promised, I learned that my original and replacement harness were discovered (after all) in another customer's order. They are being shipped back to Narragansett, who will in turn ship them out to me. Narragansett hopes to receive them today or tomorrow. I should expect delivery by the end of this week. We'll see!

Jim

Old 04-09-2018, 01:28 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
So they didn't even try to make one over the last few days, because they were so sure it would turn up? Hope it shows up on your doorstep, but this smells really bad.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:05 PM
raytasch
Old guy with old toys
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
Hope this turns out well for you. Demand the tracking number of their shipper. If it were me, I would be on the phone daily with the owner, CEO, whomever. Of course, I would be nice. Sounds like someone has a shipping department problem.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:15 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
This does stink. Last Tuesday (Apr. 3), one of the owners said they contacted virtually all of their customers who could have gotten my order by mistake, and they were giving up trying to locate it. He assured me they were going to start working on a replacement right away, and it could be ready to ship as soon as Thursday Apr. 5--certainly no later than Saturday Apr. 7. I left for Chicago on Wednesday thinking there was a good chance my new harness would be on the "door step" today. Not the case. Narragansett apparently did not start working on a new harness last Tuesday, and there were obviously some of their customers that weren't contacted.

Sadly my truck has been moved outside for the last week or so--just in time to be "assaulted" by about 15 inches of "spring" snow.

Jim

Old 04-09-2018, 08:33 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
topmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputation
Wow, doesn't say a lot for Narragansett. It is so frustrating to deal with people like that. Good luck with getting it soon!

Old 04-09-2018, 09:10 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
I hate to bash Narragansett. They have been in business a long time, and I believe they are capable of putting out a very good product. No doubt they have many satisfied customers. For whatever reason, I am just not having a good experience. What has happened in my case must not happen very often.

Hopefully a year or two from now all this drama will have softened into a vaguely pleasant memory to be woven into the often re-told story of how Grandpa's truck came to be brought back from a worthless rusted heap and was, against all odds and at outrageous expense, put back on the road. Looking back hopefully the mix-up with Narraganset will become just another incident to be fondly recalled--not unlike the police officer in Indiana stopping Grandpa for driving too slow or the three helpful strangers in an Illinois church yard helping to change a tire.

Jim

Old 04-12-2018, 09:46 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
The new harness, and my original, arrived today! There was a lot going on today, and I wasn't able to really get much of an idea about how difficult (or easy) the installation is going to be. Wouldn't you know it; my friend, the auto electric guy, is leaving for a two week vacation early Monday morning. I'll be left unsupervised, and that doesn't always go so well. I'm not missing out on any cruising opportunities, however. We have 6-10 inches of snow plus freezing rain in our forecast over the next few days. There might very well still be snow on the ground, and salt on the roads, when my friend gets back.

Jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Holley 1904 Carb Question

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.