Ridge on seat back of Platinum H/C DS Seat - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Ridge on seat back of Platinum H/C DS Seat

Old 04-14-2016, 12:18 PM
New User

2TrakR is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ridge on seat back of Platinum H/C DS Seat

My new 16 SD with Lariat/Platinum H/C seats has a lip/ridge/edge on the seat back.
Its near the top of the perforated section, just below the upper most portion of the seat back. It's kind of like the foam is positioned down about 2" from where it should be.
For me, it feels like my coat is rolled up, or like I'm leaning on a bar that's running from side to side just below my shoulder blades.

When I was test driving, I attributed it to my coat.

Now that I have a few more miles, it's a bit worse and I've not been able to reposition the seat to make a difference.

Went to the dealer and looked at one other Lariat that appeared to be similar seats and it too had the ridge. Didn't sit in to see if the feeling was the same. Visually it was pretty close.

Pretty sure this is something the upholstery shop can solve for me, but before I go that route, wanted to see if anyone else had similar issues. More importantly, did it just take some more miles before it broke in and "fix itself"?

Passenger seat does not have this. Of course, PS seat is also much stiffer than the DS seat.

Can see the ridge in the attached photo, though it doesn't really do it justice on how much it protrudes - or how much of an inset/gap is right above it. Can see where the perforation portion starts, then a "dip" and then a protruding ridge below that, which is what I'm talking about.