Gaarage/Shop Layout pics - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Garage & Workshop
Reload this Page >

Gaarage/Shop Layout pics

Notices
Garage & Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop. No Truck Tech Discussion

Gaarage/Shop Layout pics

Old 04-12-2016, 08:31 PM
pholmes350
Senior User
pholmes350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Gaarage/Shop Layout pics

I have a two car detached garage that I'm trying to get sorted out. Needed all utilities. I have the electrical installed but I am needing to see pics of what you guys have to get some ideas on tool placement or workstations (compressor, blast cabinet, welder, work table). Can you guys post pics or link me to a post that may already have? Thanks

Old 04-12-2016, 11:18 PM
Ford_Six
Super Moderator
Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
It really depends on how you want to use the garage, and how you want the work to flow through it. If you're working on one car at a time, then you have a bit more liberty on where to set up, but if you need both bays available, then things change.
No matter what, once you start getting stuff in there space disappears quickly.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:11 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.lariat97 has a spectacular reputation.
Here are some of my shelving layouts & my bathroom door

Attached Images   
Old 06-29-2016, 11:02 AM
Talltruck
Senior User
Talltruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you have the space and layout available, put the compressor outside/behind a wall/etc. to cut down on listening to it run. I moved mine into a small room I added on that is open to the outside away from my shop and I put some insulating foam board around it. I can still hear it kick on and off but nowhere near as bad as when it was inside the shop.

Also I've had great luck using copper piping for the air. It's airtight so I never shut the air off to it and it's pretty easy to set up.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:56 AM
D.Yaros
Senior User
D.Yaros is starting off with a positive reputation.

X2 on putting the compressor in a separated area to lessen noise. Wish I had/could have done that! I used black pipe for my air lines. I have 4 drops/connections in my air supply system; including the air hose reel.

On tool placement I dealt with that by installing 4' x 8' pegboard from floor to ceiling on all walls. The back wall of my garage has a work bench running the entire length of it. Embedded in the workbench is a parts cleaning tank.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:16 PM
19fifty4
Postmaster
19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of
I wish I would have built mine bigger but most everyone does. I also should have had a higher ceiling so I could install a lift. I was younger then and getting on the floor and getting up was not the chore it is now. The layout is gonna depend on how you use it and there is nothing that says you can't change it up and try something different. There are some good youtube videos out there on different shops/garages and how guys have organized theirs. You could probably steal a few ideas from those.