Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She's nekkid!

Old 04-15-2016, 07:25 AM
22rimfire
Senior User
22rimfire is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.22rimfire is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Keep on posting m-chan. I enjoy your insights as a Ford Diesel/Senior/Master Tech...
X2 thanks m-chan.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:54 AM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
Interesting. Was thinking about Pam's truck and was surprised I didn't see an update in my subscribed threads. Gets a little confusing with multiple threads over the same issue.

It's tough for lots of folks to look at their truck torn apart like that, but remember it was like that at the factory once before. These things are nothing but a collection of parts that are put together; there's no reason a qualified tech can't take them apart for service and get things back together correctly.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:01 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
Tom - Not every dealer has an m-chan working at it though. And I do agree that tech's should be able to take apart and put them back together without any issues.

One of the reasons I said run this truck until the new models come out and get one of those. That is more of an, it's now out of warranty worry, than a worry it won't get put back together well. Plus, a good excuse to go out and get a new one.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:15 AM
Dim Sum
Posting Guru
Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.
I'm with Dak. Since Ford isn't significantly changing the engine, the new model should be fairly solid since they are getting to learn on the F-150.

I'd run the 11 a little while longer and get me a 17 when they pile on the 10k in discounts.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:42 PM
2horses
Elder User
2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.
Not really an update, I checked Friday and the engine was back in but nothing else was. Haven't heard from them today but I'm not surprised, they'll call me when she's ready.

What I DID do was go test drive a few new ones this past weekend. Accidentally drove a gasser - I'm going along thinking, "What in the name of all that is holy is WRONG with this truck?" I start looking at the gauges, then I ask the salesman, "Where's the turbo - there's no turbo! Wait, is this even a diesel?" Turns out it wasn't - we had a good laugh and headed back to the dealership. There is a definite difference between the two - I know some of y'all have 'em but........

Anyway, it has come down to color choices for me - if I can't find one that I just fall in love with, then I'll probably keep her, although there were a few things losing their luster for me with Evelyn. The truck I want is not available in the color options Ford offers, and I've always thought the King Ranch interior was a bit overdone - however; the Bronze Fire has always had me eye and would be my new choice. I'd have to go with King Ranch though to get the darker seats - I just can't do all the clashing tones of the Adobe (yellow) interior, and the dark seats and woodgrain knock down the number of different colors screaming at me. I really like the solid black interior, but I can't get that in the exterior two-tone color I want (blue jean with caribou accent). I think Ford could use some help in the color/design department!

So anyway, no new news, and I still don't know if I'm going to keep or trade. It mostly depends on how much they'll offer me, make me an offer I can't refuse. If it gets bad enough, I'll sell her myself and go from there!

I was really wishing I had her back this morning though, when this part of Texas was threatening to go under water. That van just doesn't have the ground clearance my girl does!

Old 04-18-2016, 04:00 PM
LabCab
Posting Guru
LabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud of
The Bronze Fire looks amazing in the sun, even if it is dirty...... I got mine with the black interior. I just couldn't step up to the King Ranch, they are nice, but I am way too cheap. A loaded Lariat was bad enough. I like the monotone KR, I like chrome bumpers with the gravel roads I drive. I fear that painted bumpers would be rock chipped in no time.....
Best of luck with getting the girl back and for your decision to keep her, or trade her.
Not sure what I would do.... I would be tempted to keep her for a year and then get into a 2018.... There are some things I really like about the new trucks.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:13 PM
2horses
Elder User
2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.
Evidently they offered color combinations in the 2015 that they don't on the 2016's? Not sure. I'd love a bronze fire with caribou accent and black interior.......

Old 04-18-2016, 04:14 PM
David_ski
Senior User
David_ski is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 2horses View Post
Anyway, it has come down to color choices for me - if I can't find one that I just fall in love with, then I'll probably keep her, although there were a few things losing their luster for me with Evelyn. The truck I want is not available in the color options Ford offers, and I've always thought the King Ranch interior was a bit overdone - however; the Bronze Fire has always had me eye and would be my new choice. I'd have to go with King Ranch though to get the darker seats - I just can't do all the clashing tones of the Adobe (yellow) interior, and the dark seats and woodgrain knock down the number of different colors screaming at me. I really like the solid black interior, but I can't get that in the exterior two-tone color I want (blue jean with caribou accent). I think Ford could use some help in the color/design department!
Your last statement is an understatement. Where did they go to color/design school?

I too went test driving 2016 SD's yesterday. I really like the solid black interior other than the seats. I want a lighter color seat choice here in Northern California for a vehicle that sits outside during the day. The trade-off is the Adobe Yellow interior. I can deal with the light seats, but the yellow everywhere else with the black and wood-grain is too much color contrast.

Why can't Ford offer a grey leather interior like the steel cloth or vinyl?

I would really like a silver or magnetic colored exterior with a lighter than black seat without going to the King Ranch model and throwing in more mix and match colors into the cab.

If I go with a 2016 it will probably have to be the plain white with the Adobe leather.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:37 PM
LabCab
Posting Guru
LabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud of
You should be able to order, or maybe find a Bronze Fire with Caribou accent lariat with black interior.

Old 04-18-2016, 05:18 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by LabCab View Post
You should be able to order, or maybe find a Bronze Fire with Caribou accent lariat with black interior.
That was what I was thinking... Since 2horses has a truck... She could just order what she wanted and wait.

Old 04-18-2016, 05:31 PM
2horses
Elder User
I actually went and tested the ordering site and discovered yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! The salesman I went joyriding in the gasser with is helping me locate color combos (he's a very patient man) and found three in that combo, but I have no idea where they are. And, they don't have FX4 offroad package. It's stupid, because I don't go offroading - but the graphic for that package looks better than the plain old 4x4 does! Is that crazy criteria for buying a truck or no?

Old 04-18-2016, 05:35 PM
LabCab
Posting Guru
It would depend on the other options on each of the trucks. I personally wouldn't pass on a truck just because it was missing the FX4 package. Other options are more important to me. But there is something special about getting it exactly the way you want with a special order!
I almost took the FX4 stickers off my truck when it came in, but they do look good with the Bronze Fire..... So they stayed.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:26 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
The Platinum has 4 X 4 without the stickers. Lol

Old 04-18-2016, 06:40 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
First truck was a non-fx4 truck. Like you for that one I had zero plans of "off road". I had skid plates ordered a-la-carte as they were not that much and as a just in case...

I really don't look to off road, but up here, the highways as they call them, can be dirt/mud roads at times. Still not really convinced I need it - and if I did "need" it, not sure FX4 would be enough. Other than the graphic on the tail and the skid plates, I'd be throwing the rest of it out as new shocks would be going in, among other things.

Good luck in your hunt or order...

Old 04-18-2016, 07:12 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.
You can buy the fx4 stickers and slap them on, doesn't matter, if that's what you want then do it.

I have the black KR with black interior and dark brown seats and it's the best interior I've ever had. The light tan was horrible for keeping clean and fresh looking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: She's nekkid!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: