Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo replaced by the dealer on 3/13

Old 04-11-2016, 02:44 PM
2horses
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.
I do believe the number of trucks that grenade themselves are far fewer than the number that never have an issue. Otherwise, that's all we'd be reading about instead of two whole cases that we know about for sure from the how-many-readers? and drivers of those trucks. Yes, it happens, but Ruschejj and I are the exception, not the norm. We're actually kind of celebrities, I think!!

Old 04-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Iceman1777
Senior User
Iceman1777 has a very good reputation on FTE.Iceman1777 has a very good reputation on FTE.Iceman1777 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
I wouldn't sweat it - just drive it and be happy. Its not like they all blow up. If you are concerned, buy an aftermarket warranty or engine insurance.
I applaud ruschejj and 2horses for their informative and positive attitude. It is awful when an engine decides to blow itself apart, but it seems far less common than those who have been perfectly satisfied with their vehicle. And if you think a 6.7 implodes more than the other guys, just check their forums.

You can read these problem threads to the point you that you wouldn't ever buy, and then reality comes back that I'm perfectly happy with my and not having any of these issues!

Old 04-18-2016, 09:36 PM
MammaJammaTX
Junior User
MammaJammaTX is starting off with a positive reputation.
I consider myself a maintenance freak, a lot like wfo 180. I have over 101,000 on her and I'm easy on her almost all of the time. Run up-and-down the highway. I think if there's something I could do to avoid the inevitable I would.

Who is this Evelyn person and what's THAT story ?!?!

Old 04-18-2016, 10:09 PM
scraprat
Postmaster
scraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant futurescraprat has a brilliant future
I think Evelyn is a truck that's at the doctors because of a severe case of the flu. Might even be naughty nekkid pics on this forum. 😉

Old 04-19-2016, 10:04 AM
2horses
Elder User
2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.2horses has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by MammaJammaTX View Post
Who is this Evelyn person and what's THAT story ?!?!
Evelyn is my truck, that a main bearing failed on and caused the engine to grenade itself. It's currently in the shop getting the engine, turbo, and who knows what else replaced. There's a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) about this particular kind of failure, and I was very fortunate that this happened while she was under warranty and everything is covered by Ford. Ruschejj, unfortunately, was not covered, but he and I are (so far as I know) the only members of this forum that this has happened to. So I would say the odds are in favor of these engines NOT failing for the vast majority of owners and drivers.

Here's a link to the original thread I started: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-is-toast.html

And then the one where she's actually torn down: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...es-nekkid.html

Old 04-19-2016, 04:34 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 2horses View Post
Evelyn is my truck, that a main bearing failed on and caused the engine to grenade itself. It's currently in the shop getting the engine, turbo, and who knows what else replaced. There's a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) about this particular kind of failure, and I was very fortunate that this happened while she was under warranty and everything is covered by Ford. Ruschejj , unfortunately, was not covered, but he and I are (so far as I know) the only members of this forum that this has happened to. So I would say the odds are in favor of these engines NOT failing for the vast majority of owners and drivers.

Here's a link to the original thread I started: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-is-toast.html

And then the one where she's actually torn down: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...es-nekkid.html
His was covered under extended warranty.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:19 PM
2horses
Elder User
Thank you for the clarification, I really hate speaking for others. i was under the impression his was not covered. Glad I am wrong!!

Did I miss any other failures like ours?

Old 04-19-2016, 06:27 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
I can't recall any other failures like this.