6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Would you buy a new battery one replaced

Old 04-04-2016, 12:29 PM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Would you buy a new battery one replaced

Had a day off today so I went to my dealer and ask him to look at my radio issue which I've been having from day one didn't bother posting it wasn't important . The first radio that came in this truck had a problem it threw a code it was replaced under warranty 4 days into owning it no big deal. The problem is the new radio exhibited the same issues of losing touch with the phone losing the phone book and forgetting Bluetooth audio device that were connected figured it was just software-related and of course this new radio never threw a code that could be detect any issues just my word against the trucks LOL, however after showing the dealer exactly what the truck does it did it in front of them they tried to update the software to no avail. Basically when you shut the truck off if you're listening to the USB sync it forgets the song and goes to an FM empty Channel with static and scares the hell out of you if you have the volume up. The mechanic decided to test the batteries and found the one on the driver's side was low the truck is basically 6 months old from production date I guess batteries can go bad. My complaint is why not replace both under warranty the mechanic agreed with me but the service manager said no, now understand they were nice enough to put that one battery in because Ford will probably not even cover it so I don't blame my dealer as a matter of fact that's why I buy all my truck from them they take good care of me I tried calling ford service line and the girls said they would not replace the other battery they're going to have a manager call me tomorrow and discuss it. the manual recommends both batteries be replaced at the same time should I just break down $119 and put the other battery in or have Ford replace it . It just sounds condescending that when it comes out of their pocket you don't need to replace both batteries just one that shows problems?? Just curious if anyone else had this issue thanks again take care

Old 04-04-2016, 12:44 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Personally, it's so close that I wouldn't bother swapping out the second. If it was a couple years, maybe but not 6 months. But that's me.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:00 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree 100% with Rodney. One year and I'd do both but not 6 months on a borderline battery. If it was dead shorted then I'd reconsider.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:22 PM
swarf_rat
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by radium
Had a day off today so I went to my dealer and ask him to look at my radio issue which I've been having from day one didn't bother posting it wasn't important . The first radio that came in this truck had a problem it threw a code it was replaced under warranty 4 days into owning it no big deal. The problem is the new radio exhibited the same issues of losing touch with the phone losing the phone book and forgetting Bluetooth audio device that were connected figured it was just software-related and of course this new radio never threw a code that could be detect any issues just my word against the trucks LOL, however after showing the dealer exactly what the truck does it did it in front of them they tried to update the software to no avail. Basically when you shut the truck off if you're listening to the USB sync it forgets the song and goes to an FM empty Channel with static and scares the hell out of you if you have the volume up. The mechanic decided to test the batteries and found the one on the driver's side was low the truck is basically 6 months old from production date I guess batteries can go bad. My complaint is why not replace both under warranty the mechanic agreed with me but the service manager said no, now understand they were nice enough to put that one battery in because Ford will probably not even cover it so I don't blame my dealer as a matter of fact that's why I buy all my truck from them they take good care of me I tried calling ford service line and the girls said they would not replace the other battery they're going to have a manager call me tomorrow and discuss it. the manual recommends both batteries be replaced at the same time should I just break down $119 and put the other battery in or have Ford replace it . It just sounds condescending that when it comes out of their pocket you don't need to replace both batteries just one that shows problems?? Just curious if anyone else had this issue thanks again take care
Here, let me buy you a few periods and paragraph characters:

There ya go!

Old 04-04-2016, 03:03 PM
radium
Elder User
Originally Posted by swarf_rat
Here, let me buy you a few periods and paragraph characters:

There ya go!
So helpful as usual

Old 04-04-2016, 04:04 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well crap, there goes your fuel mileage.....

Old 04-04-2016, 04:16 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 242 Likes on 152 Posts
I've found battery life to be a crap shoot. That said, if the non replaced, original battery load tested good and is fully charged, I would be happy and go on down the road with one new battery. I would monitor static voltage of each battery for a while.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Your batteries are under warranty... So they would cover the one that is bad. They won't cover a good one.

The part that ticks me off, is that if I go in later and have one bad and one good, you'll catch all kinds of hell not changing them both out. But when it's their money, you only need one.

I'd look up in the manual and point them to the phrase that says you need to change the batteries in pairs and why are violating the Ford owners manual... But that's me.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:24 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakster
Your batteries are under warranty... So they would cover the one that is bad. They won't cover a good one.

The part that ticks me off, is that if I go in later and have one bad and one good, you'll catch all kinds of hell not changing them both out. But when it's their money, you only need one.

I'd look up in the manual and point them to the phrase that says you need to change the batteries in pairs and why are violating the Ford owners manual... But that's me.
X2 on what Dak said!

Old 04-04-2016, 06:04 PM
radium
Elder User
Thanks guys I agree with you completely and I'll try and watch my vocabulary and spelling I didn't realize all my ex English teachers work here I thought I did pretty good for driving the truck and typing that LOL, just kidding voice recognition software. When I talk to the Ford supervisor tomorrow that's going to call me at 4 p.m. I'll insist on exactly what you said like I said earlier it when it's their money of course it doesn't matter, can't believe how different the truck is the lights are brighter on the dashboard I hope I don't have a dead short somewhere. And as far as the radio is acting correct not forgetting the stations where I left it. He said he updated something else too, something to do with the emission systems anyone aware of anything new??

Old 04-04-2016, 06:15 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Only reason I back AZ on their battery's. They've never balked at replacing both batteries when one takes a dump.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:43 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

I accidentally drop a metal bar on the battery I want replaced, after that it tests bad for some reason and I get a new one.... Ooops. Of course not near the truck, or house....

Old 04-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
How do you un-weld that bar from the battery? And of course I would be worried about an exploding battery too...

Glad you have a brighter dash and better working radio. I have not heard of an emmission update on the trucks, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. I try to stay out of the dealer as much as I can.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

You kinda just bounce it off the battery while looking away, learned it while working in a motorcycle shop heh heh. This newbie warrantied a battery but it still tested good and the manager smacked a bar across it and shorted it out.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:53 AM
lynnmor
More Turbo
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Jmatthews
I accidentally drop a metal bar on the battery I want replaced, after that it tests bad for some reason and I get a new one.... Ooops. Of course not near the truck, or house....
Safety first, so try this; remove battery and dump out all the acid. Refill with plain water.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you buy a new battery one replaced