Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

Transit Connect Sub-Floor Hi Jinks

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 07:18 AM
ToasterVan
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transit Connect Sub-Floor Hi Jinks

I've always had a suspicion with the Transit Connect's sub-floor and submitted a request to a group of Transit Connect owners to see who was willing enough to deconstruct their van's to find out what was under that rubberize cargo mat in the cargo area. Depending on the model these volunteers had would determine how much room was being wasted under that sub-floor. One of the best clues came from Paul and his black Transit Connect, who removed the entire cargo mat and found out, right behind the front seats there is a crawl space which a 2 ton floor jack could fit in.

Because of the images Paul sent me and willingness to help explore the Transit Connect.. I'm convinced that a 2 ton floor jack or less can be placed in that area just to save space in the van. I hope to dive into this myself when time warrants.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:52 PM
EvanBly
Senior User
Toaster;

I look forward to what you find. I've wondered about the possibility of adding a back seat in my Connect and if the fittings for such an addition are all in place or replaced.

Good luck in your exploration....

Old 04-03-2016, 12:19 PM
ToasterVan
5th Wheeling
Evan, I was fortunate enough to find a few volunteers to deco their van's sub floors I'm not ready to tackle a project like this myself. But when I do, I can be reassured that our 2 ton floor jack will have a neat little chubby hole.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:03 PM
EvanBly
Senior User
Well, while I'm here. I was wondering how many batteries would fit in the space?

Ford seems at the front of auto-making. A friend of mine just purchased a GT350 Cobra and it in no way resembles yesterday's speedsters. The Transit Connect seems far removed from yesteryear's van--I would not be surprised to see it becoming an important electric city commercial carrier.

And about the social site--will that be harder for people with TCs to find?

Old 04-05-2016, 03:38 AM
ToasterVan
5th Wheeling
Not sure your meaning.. Ford is or has created electric Transit Connects, I've yet to see one. But if you're referring to having a battery back up system in the van, Yes this chubby hole would make a nice area for this as well as an on board air system running under the sub floor to connection points are out the van. Might have to look into both of these options when time warrants.

As for the TC community, I've given up.. seems I've been labeled a bad apple and if I created something myself without the support of a major auto market/sponsor.. no one would join, My views and reviews are way to critical. Though I was offered a spot with AutoBlog's "Open Road" just didn't want to follow through with the red tape just to make $50.00 buck.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:41 AM
EvanBly
Senior User
Toasted;

No one told me you'd been labeled. I would say that you've been provocative, sometimes hasty in your judgments, and pretty irritating at times. Some of the negative responses you've received seem pretty well deserved.

On the other hand, you do have a TC, you have engaged in some pretty interesting challenges in getting your TC to where you want it to be, and you've not gotten yourself banned from this site--that's all pretty good stuff.

In any event, this is the site I found and the site that I think can be found easily by other TC owners. I like this site and don't see myself as leaving. When I was going crazy over the problem of a locked transmission a Ford representative helped me over the hurtle. I've found this site helpful in a number of ways.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:25 AM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ToasterVan

As for the TC community, I've given up.. seems I've been labeled a bad apple and if I created something myself without the support of a major auto market/sponsor.. no one would join, My views and reviews are way to critical. Though I was offered a spot with AutoBlog's "Open Road" just didn't want to follow through with the red tape just to make $50.00 buck.
Hey, look who's back. Welcome. I do think your perception of yourself is more than a bit wrong. I remember your "last straw" here at FTE was when you disagreed with my "opinions" that

1. Your new (and outdated) tires were rated miserably low in Consumer Reports. Which is a fact, not an opinion.

2. Tires and wheels need balancing if you are going to drive on the freeway. How's that going? Are your magical new wheels and tires so good that they don't need balance weights?

You don't have to leave a forum and delete all your posts when someone disagrees with you--especially if you are the one who is wrong. It is useful to actually listen to advice. Your "opinions" do not override facts. I've been on Internet forums for about 20 years now and can say that you don't seem to get how discussion works, so look inward for the source of your issues with any and all forums. When you are right and everyone else is wrong, might be time to step back and reevaluate. If someone disagrees with you, don't take it personally and see if maybe there is something for you to learn.

Welcome back,
George

Old 04-08-2016, 03:54 PM
EvanBly
Senior User
Yo George;

Glad you are still here. I do think you rub it in a bit, but that too is part of being on an honest forum. I've not been on too many forums but the ones I've stayed with have tended to be mannerly with an occasion outburst of irritation that everyone sort of steps around.

I think it's OK for someone to be very wrong as long as its their money and time being spent. Once in while, a wrong path can lead to some interesting results.