Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT bought a cool old motorcycle but it is a sad story

Old 03-31-2016, 10:37 AM
South of BC
Elder User
South of BC has a great reputation on FTE.South of BC has a great reputation on FTE.South of BC has a great reputation on FTE.South of BC has a great reputation on FTE.South of BC has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by bobbytnm View Post
... Again, great bike! I'm glad its home
Bobby
Amen to that!!

Old 03-31-2016, 11:02 AM
bigwin56f100
Post Fiend
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
You know, I had my friend in Georgia place a high bid on the bike, way more than I paid for it! I'm sure if I had bid he would have stopped the auction. That's why I did it the way I did it. And picking it up in person? Well I really didn't want any confrontation or any dealings with my brother or his wife. A few weeks ago he asked the question on his face book page what was the bike worth? I never saw the post as he blocked me and my oldest daughter from viewing his FB. A friend of mine saw the post buy didn't think he was selling it just asking for the value. My friend couldn't believe it when I told him I bought the bike, and you know what the first thing the friend asked was? Who you going to get to pick it up? I said don't worry I have it all covered.

I paid $2000 for the bike and my brother owes $200 to ebay so he got a whole $1800 for the bike. I should have paid by paypal so he would have lost another 3%

The friend who picked up the bike, I had him ask a question once the receipt was done and the bike was loaded. "Why did you sell such a cool old bike"? His wife said "We are never going to ride it, we don't even ride Harleys anymore" exactly why I didn't go pick it up..........

The night the auction ended I had a dream and my Dad was in it and the entire dream he had a huge smile.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:05 AM
Schuyles
Posting Guru
Schuyles has a great reputation on FTE.Schuyles has a great reputation on FTE.Schuyles has a great reputation on FTE.Schuyles has a great reputation on FTE.Schuyles has a great reputation on FTE.
Very cool motorbike and I'm glad you got it!

Old 03-31-2016, 11:49 AM
ranger pat
Posting Guru
ranger pat has a very good reputation on FTE.ranger pat has a very good reputation on FTE.ranger pat has a very good reputation on FTE.
Kevin, here is a link to a gallery of all Hercules machines. There is not one exactly like yours, but the 1958-59 Model 218 is very very similar except for the chain guard.

search "Herculesig.de" and select English then the menu in the upper left will lead you to model photos.

What is the model number on the side of the tank? looks like 208 or 209. Enjoy your recovery of this fine piece of memory.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:06 PM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Very cool bike Kevin. I would love having it. About same pricey as over here.

The last couple of months has shaken my world way more than I ever could have imagine.......so I dont stand beside a lot of the comments on here.

I have become ALOT more humble and understanding lately and will probably be a different person in 1 years time.

There just might be some other reason why they sold it...... I'm just saying. Maybe a more understanding reason.

Or maybe not, but you never know

I Belive we all should show each other abit more compassion
But its a cool bike

Old 03-31-2016, 02:11 PM
South of BC
Elder User
South of BC has a great reputation on FTE.South of BC has a great reputation on FTE.South of BC has a great reputation on FTE.South of BC has a great reputation on FTE.South of BC has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 View Post
....The night the auction ended I had a dream and my Dad was in it and the entire dream he had a huge smile.
That's just about as cool as the bike, Kevin. I'm certain your dad would be proud.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:28 PM
truckrod
Senior User
truckrod has a good reputation on FTE.truckrod has a good reputation on FTE.
I am so happy this story has a happy ending! and yes, Thank you Thank you Thank you for not using paypal! That extra 3% would have put me on government assistance or at least the free lunch program for my kid at school.........And for everyone here on FTE I sold the bike because im so poor. See brother, I can tell a good story too!

Old 04-02-2016, 03:23 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Truckrod, you tell a great story. Congrats.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:36 PM
truckrod
Senior User
Thanks Bill, I knew you would like that true story!

Old 04-02-2016, 04:00 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by truckrod View Post
Thanks Bill, I knew you would like that true story!

I might be interested in the stuff you told me about. When you are ready , give me a heads up.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:14 PM
truckrod
Senior User
Yeah Bill, that Schwinn corvette bike would make a great Florida cruiser for you. Let me know if you are interested, you got first dibs, if not I will list it on e-bay with a very high reserve because it was my Dads bike.

Old 04-05-2016, 05:37 PM
truckrod
Senior User
---bump---

Old 04-05-2016, 05:52 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of
This is a great story and a really nice bike and an ok outcome. Personally I think your dad would be extremely happy. Your brother got some dollars he may need for a bike he did not ride or put any sentimental value on or his needs out weighted. You got a bike that means a lot in family history. It's a win win situation. Who knows maybe someday your brother and his family may come around and say he is happy it is still in the family. So maybe I've watched too many movies but who knows what will happen in the future. I just hope it is all good for your whole family. Have fun

Old 04-05-2016, 07:46 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Mike,great. I might like that Corvette bike. Glad for you.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Horizonblue
Senior User
Horizonblue is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glad you got the bike. The family thing sounds all too familiar. Like Andy Capp used to say,
" if it weren't for family, we'd have to fight with strangers!"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT bought a cool old motorcycle but it is a sad story

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.