Sponsored by: Moser

Impersonator on Instagram and FTE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 03:13 AM
SuperDuty93
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Impersonator on Instagram and FTE!

Hi all! A issue was brought to my attention the other night by a instagrammer who is also a member here and I then alerted the owner. And as requested by Co425, here is a thread about it.

This posting was made on instagram of a truck im sure all you will recognize as Co425's. The funny thing is that Co425 isn't a social media guy which made me wonder why there was a "owner" tagged in the posting. I sent a text to him and sure enough he doesn't have a instagram. So who is this tagged owner? And why is this person pretending to be someone else?

Well we may never know but seriously, taking someone else's hard work and pride and then claiming it as your own is not cool at all. As most of us know Brandon put a hell of a lot of blood sweat and tears into building Betty and by far has the best build thread to date on FTE. So I don't know the guys username on here nor his real name but whoever is stalking FTE and claiming others trucks and hard work as theirs needs to STOP and now!

Do not ever steal someone elses work and claim it as your own no matter what it is. Yea Brandon has a nice truck an he deserves it. No matter what your REAL truck might look like or be it to someday can look like Betty if you put in the work and effort. So that being said im going to leave this for Co425 to comment on and the rest of you beware. FTE'ers are everywhere and watching!

Old 03-27-2016, 04:53 AM
co425
Cargo Master
Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
Thank you for posting this Super duty. Just for everyone's information there is a lot more to this that went on to this durring the week. I will post more of this after I get Super Duty's permission. But the gist of it is this guy wants what he doesn't have and is claiming to be someone he's not! As super duty said above this is not cool.

This is this persons real truck. Maybe just maybe this person will man up and apologize for his actions as he has blocked me and ignored all of my responses on Instagram.

Old 03-27-2016, 07:17 AM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts
You have my sympathy co425. Identity theft in any form is disgraceful. It's too bad that internet "anonymity" can breed this type of individual.
You have one of the coolest trucks on FTE and definitely one of the best build threads. The quality of your work and fabrication is unmatched and that's something that the phantom poster can only dream of.

EDIT:
Also, a big to SuperDuty93 for alerting co425, reps sent.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:02 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
A big thank you to SuperDuty93 for bringing this to our attention. This certainly is not ever cool and should not ever be tolerated. I only hope that the moderators take appropriate action toward those that perform these acts and issue a zero tolerance lifetime ban on this person. co425 as mikeo0o0o0 stated, you have my sympathy and respect for you awesome work on your truck, and this jerk trying to take credit for the truck as his own. Just know that have each others back here on FTE. That's just apart of what makes this site so awesome.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:38 PM
tinaheels
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what a low life this dude is,good to see someone has co425's back ,this site is awesome

Old 03-27-2016, 03:53 PM
SuperDuty93
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No problem guys! I cannot take all the credit though as the instagram user name yawngrasshoppa had asked me if Co425 had a instagram and from there I dug into it. I believe yawngrasshoppa is ShaneKacz on FTE. But either way all us FTE'ers should always have each others backs!

Old 03-27-2016, 04:16 PM
Filthy Beast
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more, SuperDuty93, and thanks for watching/reporting. And Mike0o0o0 nailed it with his comments about the build thread.

There's way too much horse-hockey going around that we have to put up with, let alone fabricated pasture patties.

Good luck with this, co425.....happy to see you're maintaining yer cool under this pressure. Anything we can do to help straighten out this cobweb of lies, be sure to let us know. This dude is in the Sacramento area, no?

Old 03-27-2016, 04:40 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by SuperDuty93
No problem guys! I cannot take all the credit though as the instagram user name yawngrasshoppa had asked me if Co425 had a instagram and from there I dug into it. I believe yawngrasshoppa is ShaneKacz on FTE. But either way all us FTE'ers should always have each others backs!
I couldn't agree more. I know I try to do my best to help my FTE brethren out. In anyway possible.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:42 PM
co425
Cargo Master
Okay with permission through a to be unnamed third party this was dug into durring the week. This is the conversation that went on to figure out this guy's motivation for acting like my truck is his. Even to the point of being tagged on the photo as his property.

I was told by a third party that he apologized for his actions toward me. However until I receive one in person I call it insincere.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:08 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
SD93, good on you for bringing this to our attention. What that individual did was pure plagiarism of co425s work.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:26 PM
GM4WALLS
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow.... simply wow.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:47 PM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Wouldn't it have been easier for the guy just to have said, "This is the look I'm shooting for with my truck" (insert photo of your truck), than to claim your truck is his? Like no one else that knows the truck/owner wouldn't eventually see it?

This is like some strange episode of the un-reality reality show, Catfish.

Old 03-27-2016, 07:03 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
If that guy really honestly thinks for one second that the paint job on co425's truck only cost $30. He really has not one single clue of what that truck and build thread set co back financially. Just cause it's flat black. doesn't mean it's a cheap rattle can job. And now I'm doubly torqued off for co425. That truck is down right gorgeous. Nothing cheap about the work and quality that went into building that beautiful machine.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:32 PM
blue04.5
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I follow dentsides on IG and saw that same pic the other day and thought for sure that was your truck Co425, but figured you went by a different handle on IG so never thought more about it.

There are all kinds of people stealing other's gun/knife/edc pictures and claiming them as their own. Pathetic IMO.

Glad he was called out on it.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:37 PM
co425
Cargo Master
Yeah, I made an account just for this and I think that's the last time I'll use it. I despise social media especially Facebook. This is the kind of crap I hate and of course some chump had to pull this B.S. with my own pictures.

Quick Reply: Impersonator on Instagram and FTE!