Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Custom Offroad Light Mount and Bed System Project

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 03-21-2016, 10:21 AM
SHOpar
Senior User
SHOpar is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

With the help of a couple friends that have much better fabrication skills than me, we were able to tackle a custom offroad light mount and bed system project that has been on my list of mods for the truck for quite some time. We got all of this tackled in about 5 hours Sunday afternoon, which even included an hour trip to the hardware store to pick up some materials.

The first project was the custom offroad light mount. I picked up a set of Vision X 4.5 Light Cannons when they were on sale last month and noticed they fit perfectly in the gap between the license plate and tow hooks. The only problem is how to get them mounted in there. That's were a friend of mine that's handy with metal working and has all the necessary tools stepped in, and this was the result:

The above pic is of the lights mocked up before the final welding of the bracket. We got the bracket all assembled, and now all that's left for me to do is paint it before final installation. Below is what the bracket looks like fully assembled:

The the second project was to install a custom truck bed system using the Unistrut system. A buddy of mine had used this product on his Raptor and said the fabrication wouldn't be too difficult. He was right, and below are a couple pics of the system installed in the bed. There's still a few loose ends that I need to wrap up on it, but it is quite robust and now I have a modular bed system that I can make changes to without breaking the bank.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:01 AM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Well done!

Old 03-21-2016, 06:34 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
well done. What did you do to protect against rust in the bed of the truck?

Old 03-21-2016, 11:58 PM
SHOpar
Senior User
SHOpar is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by senix View Post
well done. What did you do to protect against rust in the bed of the truck?
Thanks guys! My eventual goal is to paint the bed system black, but i have no idea when I'm going to get around to that. The good news is the truck has a canopy on it all the time, so rust shouldn't be an issue.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:32 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.
Unistrut is amazing stuff that doesn't get used enough. I hang things from it inside hospitals all the time and I still forget the stuff exists when I'm searching for solutions in other projects.