Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Lifetime LED Gen 2 Headlight Bulbs Installed

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifetime LED Gen 2 Headlight Bulbs Installed

Old 03-22-2016, 02:49 AM
2civicrr
Senior User
2civicrr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.2civicrr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Are these the "Super Bright" 70watt bulbs with 3200LM low beam (SKU: LLLH13-3200)
or the bulbs with the 2000LM low beam (LLLHILOH13-8976)?

Thanks

Old 03-22-2016, 05:49 AM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
BIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to beholdBIGTRUCKBIGRV is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 254XP3 View Post
The grill doesn't have to be removed to get the headlight housing out. 4 bolts and out it comes.
Have you ever actually removed your headlights? I guess if you remove the top and bottom screws you could use a prybar and break the grill and headlight to get them off without removing the grill to access the two screws behind it. Not suggested.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:29 AM
254XP3
Junior User
254XP3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Should have clarified my statement a bit. You do have to remove the top 4 #10 bolts on the grill but then it rocks forward plenty to get to the 2 #10 bolts on the side of the headlight housing without having to unclip the bottom of the grill.

But you are right, it is only a few more seconds to unclip the bottom portion and the grill is out of the way. Except for mine now that I put in the dual light bars which hides the bottom clips makes mine a bit more difficult to get to the clips.

Agree on the adjustment bolts, they feel flimsy and you wonder if any adjustment is happening unless you are watching the wall in front to see they are actually moving.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:29 AM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Remove the grill to remove the headlights. That's my advice. It takes 5 minutes, a 10MM and a flat screw driver. Bending it outward and having it bounce around weakens the clips and subjects the grill to unnecessary forces IMO.

I have LED's in my Fiat. Work great in all conditions except freezing rain. They suck then as not enough heat builds up to melt the ice. It's not a deal breaker for me, but thought I'd mention relevant experience with LEDs from a guy using them.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:41 PM
Rubiconrod
Senior User
Rubiconrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rubiconrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by 2civicrr View Post
Are these the "Super Bright" 70watt bulbs with 3200LM low beam (SKU: LLLH13-3200)
or the bulbs with the 2000LM low beam (LLLHILOH13-8976)?
I installed these: https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/le..._led_headlight

Old 03-25-2016, 10:29 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
I'd love to update my lights, but is this just another case of too-bright bulbs in a reflective housing not designed for such bulbs and all you end up doing is producing a ton of glare and dazzling other drivers? I can't stand people who do that.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:13 AM
Rubiconrod
Senior User
Rubiconrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rubiconrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
I'd love to update my lights, but is this just another case of too-bright bulbs in a reflective housing not designed for such bulbs and all you end up doing is producing a ton of glare and dazzling other drivers? I can't stand people who do that.
You know, funny you post this. Ive only driven twice with the new bulbs and I'm not sure I like it. I'm trying to figure out why but I don't think these are for me. Ive not been flashed yet so that's good but I might just take these out at some point and put them up for sale.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:31 AM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
I see so many cases these days of people driving at me with crazy bright lights, I no longer flash my lights back. Just learn to live with it. I'd love better lights too but I don't want to be the jerk, aggravating all around me. Most people are too narcissistic to care though.

bruce...

Old 03-25-2016, 12:13 PM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
It's one thing if your vehicle came from the factory with high-intensity discharge lights, or LED lights. In that case, the appropriate lens or projector is being used to ensure there is not too much glare. Lots of people want the look more than the actual upgrade in lighting performance. It really affects my nighttime vision to be blinded by these people, so maybe it bothers me more than it should. I often wonder why police don't pull more of these people over and check their lights for DOT approval.

Old 03-25-2016, 02:49 PM
22rimfire
Senior User
22rimfire is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.22rimfire is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Interesting points, and after thinking about it, maybe separate driving lights/Bar might be the way to go. Wire them to the Aux switch, and use them when there's no cars approaching.

Old 03-25-2016, 02:52 PM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
You can always retrofit projectors in the headlights and still be not only responsible, but have better lighting. My Fiat has projector housings, but my Ford didn't previously and I added projectors to them. It works really well and is worth the time and money to do so in my opinion.