2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

No 2017 Specs - confusing

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 11:38 AM
LSchicago2
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
I dislike political discussion and I detest politicians.

That said, I understand many folks' feelings regarding the auto bailouts. Let's leave those discussions for Club FTE though.

Now....where in the heck are the 2017 order guides???

I'm in a tough spot on this one too. I'd love to have a 2017 F-350 but I'm really leery of first year runs of anything anymore. My 2011 caused me a lot of grief and while I miss it, I don't miss the issues it had. It's a good time to buy a 2015 or 2016 and there are a lot of them out there I like. Decisions, decisions.....
It's too soon for the order guides. Order guides don't usually come until the order bank opens.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:06 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by LSchicago2
It's too soon for the order guides. Order guides don't usually come until the order bank opens.
I've had order guides in hand over two weeks prior to opening of order banks in the past.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:24 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,185 Likes on 569 Posts
I've had order guides in hand over two weeks prior to opening of order banks in the past.
4/13 is the day the banks open so if your timeline holds true again this year, we should only be a couple of weeks out...

Old 03-17-2016, 12:31 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
According to a good friend who does fleet sales at a nearby dealership, he expects the order guides any day now.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Larietpsd
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Fords waiting for one thing and one thing only, specs on the new duramax, engineers at both plants are standing by with a tuner in hand waiting to one up the other!!

Old 03-17-2016, 08:44 PM
Powerdude
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j palmer cass
I'm seriously in the market for a new truck--I'll buy one before the new year, and Ford's coyness is tiresome. I prefer Ford but I'm no fanboy and when the time comes I'll buy GM if it's to my advantage. Given the current choice between a known Ford, an improved and quite capable GM and a Ford with mystery specs I'm in a bit of a quandary.

I also fear the new Ford will be taller than the old one and the damned things are already too tall.
Ditto. GMs in my neck of the woods are $15k off (for diesels anyway). But, I don't like the ancient GM gas engine. However, even the GM gassers have 10k off. Ford F250 gassers are only 8k off MSRP usually.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:02 PM
jsduty
Mountain Pass
Man, Sure can't wait to build and price a 17. Just te way I like.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:29 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,220 Likes on 803 Posts
Not so sure why this is such a mystery. The truck will be a tad and only a tad lighter than the outgoing 2016 model steel truck with the same drive trains that have received some tweaking. Oh, the 250 gets a more user friendly transmission.

The specs won't be any lower than they are now and quite frankly, the superduty line of current is an impressive beast.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:25 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,185 Likes on 569 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
Not so sure why this is such a mystery. The truck will be a tad and only a tad lighter than the outgoing 2016 model steel truck with the same drive trains that have received some tweaking. Oh, the 250 gets a more user friendly transmission.

The specs won't be any lower than they are now and quite frankly, the superduty line of current is an impressive beast.
No one is suggesting the specs will be lower Tim. We all want to know how much higher they will be. It will likely be a significant bump. That's not all we are waiting for. There will be options and features that haven't been released yet. Pricing is also a huge curiosity. So, the bottom line is there is not just "a mystery" but many that we are waiting to have some light shed on...

Old 03-18-2016, 09:32 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,619 Likes on 1,643 Posts
Originally Posted by dlauffenburger
At this point in the process the numbers are what they are, I am sure Dodge and GM are interested as well, but it's not like they can make a significant changes to their designs at this stage either. Sure they can make a few tweaks here and there and maybe fudge a number or two to post a miniscule bump in numbers but nothing of any significance.

I guess I am in the minority because I don't care about the advertisement propaganda stating which trucks have a couple extra theoretical HP or FtLbs of torque, the real evaluations will be when the trucks are out and people can give real world results. Look at the Rams, according to the ads they should be the best towing trucks out there, but in real life they just don't get the job done.

Even if they didn't post the HP, torque, tow/haul numbers, you would think that they would be posting info on configurations (i.e. transmissions, interiors, colors, options, reliability improvements, etc) trying to get people lathered up and ready to order as soon as possible.

I understand the sales hype and all advertisement crap, but if they designed and build the best truck they can within the constraints they were given they should be proud of their product and be bragging about what they have to offer not waiting to the last minute to add a hood emblem of something to one-up the completion.

"Build the best you can and dare the completion to try to beat you."

Philosophical rant over.
With all this being said........what if, just what if....a manufacturer stated "Our trucks have enough hp and tq to pull any load it is rated for, up any hill in the US, at the posted speed limit, so we do not need to raise the power.......BUT......we are so sure of our product that we are offering a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, and a 250,000 mile powertrain warranty. I would seriously look there in a heartbeat!
As an old retired trucker, I have driven big trucks (18 wheelers) that did not have the gonads these new diesel pickups have! Of course, I understand there are those people that will NEVER have enough power, and to the immature, the power numbers are what make sales

Old 03-18-2016, 09:40 AM
LSchicago2
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by tseekins

It is the same thing every year and every new launch. Why would Ford change and give info early this year? It sucks every year, but that is how they roll!

Old 03-18-2016, 03:52 PM
j palmer cass
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Powerdude
Ditto. GMs in my neck of the woods are $15k off (for diesels anyway).
Around here (St. Augustine Florida) I can't even find a new Chevy or GMC dually on the lot but a couple of local Ford dealers have several duallies. Going by website prices a Ford dealer in Ocala is coming down around 10K on high zoot duallies (Lariats and Platinums) and the dealer here in St. Augustine about 8K. But they don't appear to be selling, I've been watching.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Larietpsd
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would pay for a ford over a free gm and I am not kidding been there towing lol joke

Old 04-12-2016, 01:33 PM
LSchicago2
Fleet Mechanic
Please post it if you have it. Order banks open tomorrow and I can't find the OG anywhere.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:36 PM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea where the heck is the order guide

Quick Reply: No 2017 Specs - confusing