New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!

New Member to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 04:08 AM
sirkingdra
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile New Member to the forum

Hello there. My name is Emmett. I'm from Alberta, Canada. I am new to this forum, and have found a lot of good info from this forum in the recent past and decided to become a member on it. I currently own and drive a 2001 F350 Super Duty XL, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4WD, 3.73 (gonna swap out for 4.10s) SRW with the 5.4 2V Triton & Automatic Transmission. I used to be an installation technician at a local hitch shop & vehicle accessory shop. I've built, installed, tested, hauled, and problem solved with all types of Fifth Wheel Hitches, Gooseneck hitches (Under bed and over bed systems) Class 3-5 Hitch Receivers, Equalizer Hitches, Roof Racks ie. Yakima, Rhino Rack & Thule, Tow Bars ie. Blue Ox, Airbag suspension kits ie. FireStone, Ride Rite. Helper leaf springs ie. Hellwigs. I'm quite familiar with trailer hitch & truck accessory brands, capabilities, customer reviews, and things like that. As for any big mods done to my truck I have owned this truck for a little over a year now. I run on 265/75/16 Arctic Claws in the Winter Time right now, I run the 58" Thule Cross Bars & the Thule Canyon Roof Basket as well as Spyder Tail Lights, Severe Duty Brake Pads (Semi Metallic) Curt Venturer Trailer Brake Controller, the Curt 8 Ton Pintle Hitch with a 2 5/16" Ball, Newer Style Ford Chrome Flaps, (New to me) Headache Rack & added on LED Marker lights. Factory ride height. Rebuilt Trans when I bought it. Use this rig as my daily driver, grocery getter, girlfriend goer, and trailer puller. All around reliable and dependable truck that I entrust everyday and wouldn't have it any other way. I appreciate all the wonderful information for you guys and I hope to be able to share some of the knowledge I have to offer. Thanks again everyone.

-Emmett.

This is my 01 F350 and my 08 Rainbow made vehicle/equipment trailer. Tandem 5400 lbs rated axles, singles, electric brakes on both axles, 6 lug wheels, 16' long deck, 7'4" wide in between the fenders. Custom fabricated 3/16" diamond plate steel fenders all welded (not bolted) Pintle Hitch Lunette ring style coupler w/adjustable mounting plate, All LED Lighting, Curb weight f my truck is 7400 lbs and the curb weight of my trailer is just around 2000 lbs. Trailers factory GVW is 10,000 lbs on the sticker. Trucks GVW is 9900 lbs on the sticker. I ran as an owner&operator of my own commercial hotshot and transport business in AB, Canada for nearly 3 years. I did light duty hauling. Trailer towing, vehicle transporting, furniture moving, small household moves, small equipment moving, and raw material hauling throughout Alberta. I was registered at 11,500 KGs as a Max GCVW in AB. I know my way around Alberta's DOT laws and regs as well as I put safety as my top priority, especially when towing a trailer. If it's not 100% safe than I won't do it that has been my modo since day one anyways.