Sponsored by: DP Tuner

What goes here? with pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 04:15 PM
TXdoug
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What goes here? with pics

My Son brought home a new to us F450. Cliped to the fuse box beside the master cylinder. Red thing in the background. This mindblower chip ??? was stuck on top. My truck has 2 relays there and a cover.
What are these relays for.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Pikachu
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's another eBay "performance" scam. Rip it out and dispose of it. If you tear it open, I bet you'll find a single $0.05 resistor in it.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:56 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
There are some differences between the years, but I believe all of the relays are the same parts. Take a look at the picture below and compare it to your blank spaces and go from there. Looks to be the trailer relays though.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:58 PM
TXdoug
Tuned
No No I got the mindblower figgered out.
Question is what do the 2 relays in the red socket do??

I unplugged them in my truck and can't find what's not working.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
TXdoug
Tuned
Thanx Sous, That explains it. I'll start another thread with pics an perhaps a few more questions.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:10 PM
SMT_FORD
Junior User
1. Trailer Brake Controller Interface inside cab for a Trailer Brake Controller.

2. Trailer Lighting. Including Brake, Parking. Trailer Brake Actuator Power for Trailer Brake interface.

Both are N.O. Bosh 5 Pin. They must be installed by the Owner. Ford puts them in the Glove Box with Trailer Wiring Instructions.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:53 PM
TXdoug
Tuned
Thank you SMT for adding that info. We will have to get her ready to tow as soon as we get a few things sorted out.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:00 PM
TXdoug
Tuned
OK Picachu, Since you mentioned it I thought I'd explore this MindBlower doo dad. I had already googled it, "bad", "tear it out", "hell it aint our product".

The garbage man won't come till Thursday so I dug this bad boy out of the can and cut it open. this is the mystery chip.

Not sure what it does but it only hooks to the ambient air temp sensor wires with these clipies. So the only thing it could be doing is lying to the computer about ambient air temp. Thinking this is still a good idea, I'll move that sensor to my YETI, Hell it makes ice

Old 02-29-2016, 07:10 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Well it looks like you got a worthless resister mod that they installed on the wrong sensor.

They were supposed to have clipped that to the ICP sensor wires. The trash is a good place for it.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:39 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
I would take it if the case was still good, but alas it got torn up, of course I would rip the gut....errr the wires???...out and replace with an actual raspberry Pi (or arduino board) and actually program it to do functional things...LOL (course I am an IT guy and like to tinker with things like that for my own amusement)....oh well, glad to see another flea-bay resister "mod" get tossed in the bin where it should be! Knowing me I would make it a turbo timer, and a few other functional things that I would want...but again this is me and my computer knowledge and curiosity kicking in here I guess...

Old 02-29-2016, 07:57 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TXdoug
OK Picachu, Since you mentioned it I thought I'd explore this MindBlower doo dad. I had already googled it, "bad", "tear it out", "hell it aint our product".

The garbage man won't come till Thursday so I dug this bad boy out of the can and cut it open. this is the mystery chip.

Not sure what it does but it only hooks to the ambient air temp sensor wires with these clipies. So the only thing it could be doing is lying to the computer about ambient air temp. Thinking this is still a good idea, I'll move that sensor to my YETI, Hell it makes ice
On a gas engine you can put a resistor on the AIT sensor and it'll add a drop more fuel. I guess technically it could do the same on a PSD, but I doubt it's enough to notice a difference. That people get $50 on fleabay for a resistor is ludicrous.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Pikachu
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TXdoug

Lol. That's hilarious! And there's bound to be leagues of people saying what a great product it is so they don't have to admit they got ripped off.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:36 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
Well at least they didn't lie... they said it'd blow your mind!

Old 03-02-2016, 07:56 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Originally Posted by Pikachu
there's bound to be leagues of people saying what a great product it is so they don't have to admit they got ripped off.

just like throttle body spacers!!!

Old 03-02-2016, 08:45 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
I hope I did well when I bought blinker fluid.

It was only $75 on ebay.

Quick Reply: What goes here? with pics