Notices

Lets see those slide-ins !

Old 02-22-2019, 05:14 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
Wheelie bars might come in handy though.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:33 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
Wheelie bars might come in handy though.
That's a ... wait for it ... wheelie good idea.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:17 PM
mountainkowboy
Senior User
mountainkowboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
^^^^hahaha

Old 02-22-2019, 08:02 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Post Fiend
Seabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Clubwagon View Post
Had to go back to page one to find it, but I new I had seen it in this thread....

This fellow is in serious need of one of these...…….

Old 02-22-2019, 09:38 PM
MJMETHOW
Senior User
MJMETHOW is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3 View Post
Had to go back to page one to find it, but I new I had seen it in this thread....

This fellow is in serious need of one of these....

Not a single weld on that tote,wouldn't trust it.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:09 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
he probably just storing it on the toyota tell someone buys it with a real truck.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:37 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Post Fiend
Seabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
he probably just storing it on the toyota tell someone buys it with a real truck.
I don't think he waited for a real truck. I got to looking at it closer and got real suspicious of the rear tire so I downloaded the picture and blew it up. That fellow has already suffered some trouble. The sidewall is blown. The pic isn't clear enough and it could just be reflections, but it almost appears there could be some wrinkled metal as well. At any rate, with the tires in their current condition, that rig isn't going anywhere.

Old 02-23-2019, 02:23 AM
CathedralCub
Elder User
CathedralCub is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3 View Post
I don't think he waited for a real truck. I got to looking at it closer and got real suspicious of the rear tire so I downloaded the picture and blew it up. That fellow has already suffered some trouble. The sidewall is blown. The pic isn't clear enough and it could just be reflections, but it almost appears there could be some wrinkled metal as well. At any rate, with the tires in their current condition, that rig isn't going anywhere.

It's one of those examples where I wish cars could just refuse to do what is being asked of them.

Old 02-23-2019, 02:24 AM
CathedralCub
Elder User
CathedralCub is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by MJMETHOW View Post
Not a single weld on that tote,wouldn't trust it.
Yeah, it looks like the frame would want to fold whenever the vehicle turns. Crazy.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:00 PM
stephen.osborne1
Posting Guru
stephen.osborne1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.stephen.osborne1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Picked up a slightly smaller camper for the dually... Handles much better. Probably still going to install air bags.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
i think them toyotas come with crinkled metal from the factory so thin itll bend in a stong wind

Old 02-26-2019, 01:03 PM
visceral
Junior User
visceral is starting off with a positive reputation.

This camper makes me irrationally happy.

With the upper and lower StableLoads, the rear bed went down 2 inches with the camper. With Rancho9000XLs, the handling is really good.

I do have a question about frame flex though. The overhead definitely bounces up and down by 1-2" over rough sections. I assume that's frame flex and is normal for a big camper on a strong truck?

Old 02-26-2019, 01:10 PM
visceral
Junior User

In its temporary home, it is on about a 4-degree tilted flat area (mostly gravel). Unloading wasnt terrible as I "went to level" with the jacks right off the bed. But putting it back in the bed will be tricky. My best guess is to use 2x8s to level the truck underneath the camper before lining it up perfectly and lowering it.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:16 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to behold
Nice setup!! We carry our Mammoth on my 2017 F350 and I put heavy rubber stall mats in the bed before loading the camper. I use the Fastguns tiedowns using the 'half a hole' technique to make sure I'm not over-tightening. I notice a good deal of movement in the cabover when driving on rough roads too. Some may be frame flex but I think in our case a good deal is just the movement of the entire camper. I think that's perfectly normal.

If you're on Facebook, you should join the Host Truck Camper Owners group and pose your question there. Good group of folks.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:24 PM
visceral
Junior User
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Warbird View Post
If you're on Facebook, you should join the Host Truck Camper Owners group and pose your question there. Good group of folks.
I miss these opportunities on Facebook often, but as someone who works in the cybersecurity industry, there are some things I can't swing (like a Facebook account).

I hear it's a really good group, too :-/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lets see those slide-ins !

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: