6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Quick question for those who have deleted

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 07:17 AM
JcF204
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick question for those who have deleted

I am ordering my DPF delete kit this afternoon.

I plan to go with Spartan for the 210 Tow Performance tune, and well they are still in business...

I am going to delete the CAT and DPF. I live in the only county in my state that doesn't require testing on diesels. So unless that changes I don't have to worry about switching it out every year.

My question is how many of you have replaced your cold side intercooler pipe in the process as well? Seems like a no brainer but I don't see many posts regarding this mod.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-mod-ever.html

If anyone has any good feedback on the Spartan 210TP please let me know what you like and don't like. I have a truck camper and a 21ft boat that I tow all over the place.

Also I was going to order everything through Rudy's Diesel, They are all over Ebay, and have good reviews on there. Any thoughts on them?

Can't wait!

Old 02-18-2016, 03:07 PM
JcF204
Senior User
Nothing from anyone? Well I placed my order and can't wait! It has been a long time coming.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:51 PM
CrazySob
Senior User
Just saw this, its a great idea provided you are doing an egr delete and an intake elbow. The restriction is actually around the egr valve. If you aren't doing an intake elbow you won't see much in the way of gains with the cold side pipe.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:20 PM
1FastGambler
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you ever want a cold air intake and cold side pipe, buy the No Limit Fabrication parts from Elite Diesel

Old 02-20-2016, 03:03 PM
CrazySob
Senior User
I would shoot you Jeremy and Mike's emils from no limit but I am pretty sure that might be frowned upon here on fte.

But yes, for any go fast parts for a 6.4 NoLimit is my go to as well. Both Mike and Jeremy have treated me very well along with A LOT of others.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:24 AM
JcF204
Senior User
thank you for the replies. I'm looking forward to getting this DPF brick removed from my truck. Hope the weather holds out this weekend

Old 02-28-2016, 10:35 PM
Kleenax
Senior User
Rudy's Diesel - Spartan Tuner

Just saw this too; sorry.

I bought my DPF-delete exhaust system directly from AFE. Got the 4" stainless from the downpipe back, with a 24" straight-thru stainless muffler; works great and went in just fine.

Not familiar with the 210 tune thing you mention, but I bought the Spartan Phalanx II tuner ($1499!) from Rudy's Diesel. Wasn't impressed at ALL with their snotty attitude when I asked them a couple of questions about clarifying just how and when to get the first tune initiated (before removing DPF or after)? Never had done it before, didn't want to ruin my computer, and just wanted clarification. Guess the pressure from the Feds is wearing on them.

They didn't even bother to try and answer my question, but simply said, "read the instructions; it's right there!". Well, it wasn't, and all they had to do is explain it a little differently, but they didn't bother. Other than that, the system works fine.

Don't plan on doing an EGR delete, as that doesn't seem (to me) to give any dramatic benefits.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:17 AM
JcF204
Senior User
Well, I got it deleted, What an amazing difference. So glad I got this done finally.

I have only driven it for two days but so far it feel fantastic!

I will say that Rudy's was good to me, they gave me a bit of a discount for calling them directly rather than going through ebay. The parts all arrived on time, so not much I can complain about.

I was pretty nervous doing this without assistance from anyone that has experience here, but it went through without a hitch.

Love my "new" truck!

Old 02-29-2016, 05:41 PM
CrazySob
Senior User
The delete itself is easy, the hard part is keeping those hot tunes off the truck and forcing yourself to drive it like a truck...

That tuner gives you the ability to push your truck past 550 hp with nothing more than a CAI and a delete pipe... That is why there are so many catastrophic failures with deleted and tuned 6.4s. Run a tow tune and remember its a 9000lb truck that was never designed to be hot-rodded. If you do run those 200+hp tunes don't be surprised if in the next year you have you cab up for a cracked piston or head gasket failure. And yes, the only way for a 6.4 to get decent fuel economy is to run hot tunes... That's the give and take with a 6.4 unfortunately.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:19 PM
Dave Dirsa
Freshman User
I really cant say enough about spartan. The 210 tune made my 6.4 a different engine. Im deleted, andshe runs like a dream. The trottle, pedal feel, and drivability are eye opening. The customer service is an A+. Honestly. A+.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:50 AM
JcF204
Senior User
Originally Posted by Dave *****
I really cant say enough about spartan. The 210 tune made my 6.4 a different engine. Im deleted, andshe runs like a dream. The trottle, pedal feel, and drivability are eye opening. The customer service is an A+. Honestly. A+.

That is great to know. I am really looking forward to pulling the boat and truck camper this summer. I only drive the truck on weekends and I am excited for Saturday lol.
The 210TP tune I love. I can't say enough about how the truck runs now.

I haven't had to use customer service yet. I heard they are coming out with new tunes for the 6.4 this year sometime. No idea how to update to those when the time comes.