Low Beams not working - Hi beams OK

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 06:37 AM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 869 Likes on 721 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonathan J. Velez
My headligths went bad when I put an HID to it. Went back to OEM lights but my low beam are not working. I replace the light switch and the MFS, and check all the fuses and they're good, but did not fix the problem. What you guys think it might be the problem I'm running into Olin here????
It is impossible to assist you since you didn't tell us what you're working on.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:51 AM
waylandexcavating1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill jump in here for my first post

few months ago we were getting a piddiddle on the 14 f350. Pulled the Fisher iso module, checked fuses, bulbs, wires, sockets etc nothing
pulled the MFS from the 13 450, nothing. same w headlight switch nothing. was in a pinch, so i jumped power from the working light to the one that wouldnt work.

that worked, however. occasionally youd turn the headlights on, they wouldnt light, but if you turned the switch off and on again, theyd work, so - we ran it.

now i have no low beams at all.

have checked:

fuses
swapped out Headlight switch and MFS with working truck
checked for power to sockets, nada
high beams work and activate with MFS, but wont lock on..

problems are the same with the plow iso module bypassed

is there a known computer board problem? guy at the parts store seemed to think so.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:53 AM
waylandexcavating1
New User
maybe the truck side of the MFS plug??

Old 02-17-2018, 07:36 AM
Franklin2
Received 1,661 Likes on 1,343 Posts
Originally Posted by waylandexcavating1
maybe the truck side of the MFS plug??
Ok, you are working on a 2014 f350 with a plow setup? And now you have no lowbeams on the truck itself?

Glancing at the diagrams, there is a body control module somewhere in the truck. This is where the fuses are located for the individual headlight filaments, f17=left lowbeam, f39=both highbeams, f16=right lowbeam. These fuse locations would also be a good place to probe with a testlight.

Right after these fuses the power goes into the body control module, and there is a solid state switch inside the body control module that does the actual switching of the headlights. If anything was going to have a tendency to burn out, I would think it would be these solid state switches inside the body control module.

Coming out of this module, the left lowbeam is a brown/blue, right lowbeam is a blue/green. Unfortunately to see if the body control module is getting the correct signals, you probably need the truck hooked to a scanner. The multi-function switch communicates to the body control module through two communication wires. This is how the multi-function switch tells the solid state switches inside the body control module to activate the low and high beams.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:51 AM
waylandexcavating1
New User
Originally Posted by Franklin2
Ok, you are working on a 2014 f350 with a plow setup? And now you have no lowbeams on the truck itself?

Glancing at the diagrams, there is a body control module somewhere in the truck. This is where the fuses are located for the individual headlight filaments, f17=left lowbeam, f39=both highbeams, f16=right lowbeam. These fuse locations would also be a good place to probe with a testlight.

Right after these fuses the power goes into the body control module, and there is a solid state switch inside the body control module that does the actual switching of the headlights. If anything was going to have a tendency to burn out, I would think it would be these solid state switches inside the body control module.

Coming out of this module, the left lowbeam is a brown/blue, right lowbeam is a blue/green. Unfortunately to see if the body control module is getting the correct signals, you probably need the truck hooked to a scanner. The multi-function switch communicates to the body control module through two communication wires. This is how the multi-function switch tells the solid state switches inside the body control module to activate the low and high beams.

Yeah. Power in the fuse box is fine
I swapped out he isolation module for good measure, still nothing. Happens with or without the plow plugged in
must be in that bcm