Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

2013 Limited - Wrong Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 09:42 PM
efx4
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To add to this thread, reciently I lost my rear window and side mirror defrosters, so I took it to my local dealer. They told me they were replacing rear windows left and right on the 2013 F150's for faulty rear window defoggers. I had a new rear window replaced under warranty and all of my defrosters work again.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:02 AM
jcchsms
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One final note. The Limited driver's side mirror is also supposed to have auto dim. I know some do not like this feature. My truck mirrors do not have this either.
Thanks again for the help and suggestions. Ford has rejected my claim. I am trying a few other channels but the quick, abrupt and dismissive response from Ford tells me all I need to know about their customer service. I was told to take it back to the original dealer, in NC! It is not a dealer issue, it is a Ford issue. I realize I am only one customer but they have lost me and I wanted to let everyone else know my situation.

Crystal has responded to this thread and I will wait to see if she can work some magic.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:41 AM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by jcchsms
One final note. The Limited driver's side mirror is also supposed to have auto dim. I know some do not like this feature. My truck mirrors do not have this either.
I had never heard of auto dim on an outside mirror. I learned something new today.

Please keep us posted.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:13 PM
jcchsms
New User
My last post. Ford claims the vehicle has been modified. I contacted the original dealer. They have no record of the mirrors being changed. Ford has taken a stance I won't tolerate. I will drive this until I find something else I want, A Dodge diesel? Best of luck to you all and thanks for your suggestions.

I am in training with 24 sales reps and customers. I used this as an example of poor customer service today. Everyone was shocked Ford would not fix the mirrors. Many know my history with F150's, there were more than a few stories of poor Ford customer service. Texas has a lemon law. I am not sure if I want to pursue this angle but I just might.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:36 AM
Olytlr
Elder User
Originally Posted by jcchsms
My last post. Ford claims the vehicle has been modified. I contacted the original dealer. They have no record of the mirrors being changed. Ford has taken a stance I won't tolerate. I will drive this until I find something else I want, A Dodge diesel? Best of luck to you all and thanks for your suggestions.

I am in training with 24 sales reps and customers. I used this as an example of poor customer service today. Everyone was shocked Ford would not fix the mirrors. Many know my history with F150's, there were more than a few stories of poor Ford customer service. Texas has a lemon law. I am not sure if I want to pursue this angle but I just might.
If you had bought the vehicle new and discovered it had non heated mirrors when the build sheet said it should have heated mirrors then you would have a case. Since you bought it used, even if it is a CPO, it is not the responsibility of Ford to track any modifications made to a vehicle after the original in service date. It is also not their responsibility to return it to as built condition before being sold as used. You obviously did not thoroughly go over your 30 plus grand purchase.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:37 AM
TCAS007
Senior User
Originally Posted by efx4
To add to this thread, reciently I lost my rear window and side mirror defrosters, so I took it to my local dealer. They told me they were replacing rear windows left and right on the 2013 F150's for faulty rear window defoggers. I had a new rear window replaced under warranty and all of my defrosters work again.
That is exactly what I had happen.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:52 PM
miihere24
Senior User
Just because there isn't an accident reported, doesn't mean there wasn't one. I've just gone through the headache of getting an AutoCheck and CarFax corrected and I noticed they don't have information when there isn't a police report.

There are probably 100's of incorrect car checks or incomplete ones from folks who hit or get hit by a deer, back up into their house, run into their other vehicles, get hit by another car while parked etc. Repair shops don't report the work they do, primarily all information comes from the DMV and police reports.

I know there is a thought that there are heated mirrors that are simply not operating correctly, but it wouldn't surprise me if in fact they were replaced after being broken.

Call my glass half empty, but people aren't as honest as they should be.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:16 PM
firebirdparts
Mountain Pass
I am shocked that you would think they owe you something. That's ridiculous. Grow up. If you want a new truck shell out the money.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:08 PM
TheNewman
Mountain Pass
FWIW my father's '12 has heated mirrors that do not have an icon on them that indicate they are heated. They WERE until the famous rear window issue. Now they don't work.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:24 PM
krazymarine
Freshman User
Originally Posted by firebirdparts
I am shocked that you would think they owe you something. That's ridiculous. Grow up. If you want a new truck shell out the money.
^^^^^^^^^^ what he said^^^^^^^^^^

Hey guys let's go buy a new truck we swap all the parts for aftermarket parts then we sell it/ trade in with less than 2k miles and let the new owner blame ford for using aftermarket parts....

People sometimes seriously!!!!!!

OP you got NO GROUNDS to complain about how or what parts the truck was sold or build with at this point. It is USED vehicle!!!!!

Old 02-27-2016, 11:11 AM
gdntx
New User
Have you popped the glass off to know they truly aren't the right mirrors - there is nothing on the exterior of the glass that will indicate. Take it to another dealer and just tell them you want the heated mirrors and rear window fixed - as they currently don't and you are under warranty. Let them look and tell you they aren't heated. If they truly aren't and you bought it used, unless somewhere it specifically said "heated mirrors" then you just have to assume they were changed for some reason. In that case - Ford definitely owes you nothing.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:10 PM
hammer65
Posting Guru
My 12 mirror heat still works, with a failed rear defrost. No indicator light though.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:37 PM
caly350
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gdntx
Have you popped the glass off to know they truly aren't the right mirrors - there is nothing on the exterior of the glass that will indicate. Take it to another dealer and just tell them you want the heated mirrors and rear window fixed - as they currently don't and you are under warranty. Let them look and tell you they aren't heated. If they truly aren't and you bought it used, unless somewhere it specifically said "heated mirrors" then you just have to assume they were changed for some reason. In that case - Ford definitely owes you nothing.
Exactly.....this guy has to be pulling our leg.

Lemon law???

On a used vehicle??

Hmmmm.....lol!!!

(Holy thread resurrection, batman!!!....came up as a related thread and i didn't notice the date. Wonder what happened to the whiner??)

Old 07-20-2016, 07:57 AM
wrvond
Cargo Master
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by caly350
Exactly.....this guy has to be pulling our leg.

Lemon law???

On a used vehicle??

Hmmmm.....lol!!!

(Holy thread resurrection, batman!!!....came up as a related thread and i didn't notice the date. Wonder what happened to the whiner??)
On February 18th he said he was making his last post. Apparently he meant what he said, that's his last day of activity on here.