Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015+ F150
Reload this Page >

The Ford F-150 Wins a Big Fuel Economy Challenge Thanks to Its 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6

Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Ford F-150 Wins a Big Fuel Economy Challenge Thanks to Its 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6

Old 02-15-2016, 04:13 PM
DerekShiekhi
Senior User
DerekShiekhi is starting off with a positive reputation.

The Ford F-150 Wins a Big Pickup Challenge with Its 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6

We know Ford has been evaluating the performance of a diesel engine in an F-150, but one power plant that's already in the half-ton, the 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6, has already passed a big test.

Read the rest on the Ford-Trucks.com homepage. >>

Old 02-15-2016, 04:25 PM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
Here's a link to the article on PUT.com for those who don't need to read the article about the article.

Texas Truck Showdown 2016: MPG Overview - PickupTrucks.com News

Here's my favorite quote:

Originally Posted by pickuptrucks.com
Finish order was unchanged, even with 1,500 pounds of rock salt bags over the rear axle. We kept the weight even from truck to truck to see how well they each carried a heavy load. Again, the F-150's power-to-weight ratio proved unstoppable. It ran the zero-to-60 in 7.80 seconds and the quarter-mile in 16.1 seconds at 89.5 mph. In fact, it set the pace and was faster than many of the trucks tested in our Max Towing Showdown.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:41 PM
onug
Donut Ninja
onug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to behold
I try to read PUtrucks.com once a week, but that website has become so bad and worthless. This test is the perfect example of how they're just doing crap to drive web traffic. So they host a MPG test and then run a bunch of performance tests and only drive 120 miles for the actual MPG results. Great job guys. MPG testing with a load is interesting. Scoring 0-60mph times unloaded are exactly the opposite to a MPG-focused test. Noise levels and complaints about stereos are have nothing to do with MPG. Besides, if you want a high MPG test truck from an OEM, they're going to send you an unloaded version to save weight. They even included the EPA estimates in the scoring. How about those as a penalties for being the furthest from real-world tests?

If they ran this test honestly and stayed focused on MPG, the Chevy and Ram should have crushed the Ford and Toyota entry. Just saying...

Old 02-15-2016, 07:54 PM
texastech_diesel
Post Fiend
texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
But Lord that cartridge oil filter is beautiful isn't it? I still can't figure out why those aren't more popular, even my 1949 Farmall had one. No mess to change, no crawling under the car and dripping everywhere, definitely no stupid drip ramp off the IFS, just cap off-cap on done.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:57 PM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel View Post
But Lord that cartridge oil filter is beautiful isn't it? I still can't figure out why those aren't more popular, even my 1949 Farmall had one. No mess to change, no crawling under the car and dripping everywhere, definitely no stupid drip ramp off the IFS, just cap off-cap on done.
Completely agree with that, one other reason I sometimes wish I got the 2.7L. My 6.4L truck was the easiest vehicle to change the oil that I've ever had.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:42 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel View Post

My SIL's Aveo has the cartridge filter, it's literally a 10 minute oil change.