For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts. - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Reload this Page >

For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts.

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:27 AM
K A M
Senior User
K A M is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a original rear window for a 1948 Ford F1. It's in very good condition with no chips or cracks. Can someone please tell me what it is worth? It was a spare my dad had in storage and was cleaning out the shed when I found it. I don't want to throw it into the dumpster because I know someone is going to be looking for an original. Please message me with info or if interested.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:07 AM
harleymsn
Postmaster
harleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by K A M View Post
I have a original rear window for a 1948 Ford F1. It's in very good condition with no chips or cracks. Can someone please tell me what it is worth? It was a spare my dad had in storage and was cleaning out the shed when I found it. I don't want to throw it into the dumpster because I know someone is going to be looking for an original. Please message me with info or if interested.
New glass sells for about $75, if it has to be shipped, crating and shipping will be more than the value of the used glass. My guess you are looking between $25 and $40

Old 03-07-2017, 09:39 AM
K A M
Senior User
K A M is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by harleymsn View Post
New glass sells for about $75, if it has to be shipped, crating and shipping will be more than the value of the used glass. My guess you are looking between $25 and $40
An original F1 rear glass from 1948 is $75?

Old 03-07-2017, 10:03 AM
rickricca
New User
rickricca is starting off with a positive reputation.
Found someone to balance mine. Turns out the wheel was turned down on a lathe to accommodate a v8 ring gear.

The entire mess was 21 ounces out of balance!

I have since learned that a v8 flywheel would have worked too, since I already have a v8 (10 tooth) starter drive. Then I maybe could have gone to an 11 inch clutch.

Oh well, I love working on junk

QUOTE=rickricca;16999046]I have a 47 1/2 ton with the h series six..

I need a flywheel. Someone welded the ring gear on mine and I am sure it is out of balance.

Can anybody help please?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Old 03-07-2017, 07:45 PM
3twinridges
Posting Guru
3twinridges has a good reputation on FTE.3twinridges has a good reputation on FTE.3twinridges has a good reputation on FTE.
Looking for a spare tire carrier nut, for an F1. It's a weird shaped nut, kinda like a lug nut with a cone on one side. I am missing one.

JB

Old 03-08-2017, 03:36 PM
rico56
Senior User
rico56 has a great reputation on FTE.rico56 has a great reputation on FTE.rico56 has a great reputation on FTE.rico56 has a great reputation on FTE.rico56 has a great reputation on FTE.
dashpot holley 2100 / 2110 or 94

Hi there,

I'm looking for a dashpot and the bracket as shown on the pic. Any ideas where to get the parts?

Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2017, 04:47 PM
GLR
Posting Legend
GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 3twinridges View Post
Looking for a spare tire carrier nut, for an F1. It's a weird shaped nut, kinda like a lug nut with a cone on one side. I am missing one.

JB

Pretty close to some Crown Vic Grand Marquis ones that had the locking wheel covers. But with 1/2-20 threads if that will help.
Like this, price is very inflated though:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/611-093-Dorm...ZXVzLQ&vxp=mtr

Old 03-08-2017, 05:01 PM
pineconeford
Posting Guru
pineconeford has much to be proud ofpineconeford has much to be proud ofpineconeford has much to be proud ofpineconeford has much to be proud ofpineconeford has much to be proud ofpineconeford has much to be proud ofpineconeford has much to be proud ofpineconeford has much to be proud ofpineconeford has much to be proud of
An original F1 rear glass from 1948 is $75?
What Harley said is true.
There are reproduction complete sets of new glass available for these trucks in clear, green tint, and grey tint. You can buy any of the six pieces as a set or individually. And the price is pretty good - starting at $259 for the whole set.

The shipping is always expensive because...well it's glass.

So a used piece, even in very good condition is not in high demand. Best bet is to advertise it locally and maybe someone will buy it for $25 to $40 like he said.

Tom

Old 03-09-2017, 07:39 PM
jmadsen
Postmaster
jmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to all
Budd 22.5" 5 on 8 tubeless wheels f4 f6

Set of 6 tubeless 22.5" wheels 5 lug 8" circle stud piloted.
5.25" width variety.
Very good condition set
$250 a wheel sold as a set.
Fastenal shipping probably best option and probably no more than $300 to East Coast
150? West coast
Located in Salt Lake City Utah
Free local pickup is great as well.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:42 PM
puddle
Junior User
puddle is starting off with a positive reputation.
56 rear fender

Fender is basically "Make offer". The folks here have been so great with sharing their knowledge I am doing what I can to show my appreciation. I'm selling the fender at YOUR price, tell me what it's worth to you (free if your Truck Poor like I am sure most of us are)

Attached Images     
Old 03-11-2017, 03:35 PM
Badmoonreizen
Senior User
Badmoonreizen is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Badmoonreizen is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
3 twin ridges:
Dorman product available at O'reilly's.

$2.99http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/DAG0/611093/02988.oap?year=1997&make=Ford&model=Crown%2BVictor ia&vi=1401219&ck=Search_02988_1401219_-1&pt=02988&ppt=C0337

Regards, Mark.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:09 PM
Greg Rogers
Elder User
Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.
Very nice of you. I would love to have it if not so far. Looks pretty darn good compared to our Michigan rusty stuff.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:08 AM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
I don't know where you are located as you don't have it in your UserCP profile but I would suggest that if you live near a large city put it on CraigsList.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:35 PM
50mercman
Junior User
50mercman is starting off with a positive reputation.
A set of smoothie running boards for a 1953-56 Ford F100 pickup. $300 for the set plus shipping or you pick up in the Denver, CO area.

A view of the undersides to show that these are factory not home made.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:57 PM
kens65fb
Junior User
kens65fb is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here is a brand new set of smooth running boards for 53 /56 F100
$307 + Free Shipping

Ford F-100 Pickup Truck Steel Running Board SET 53 54 55 56 1953 1954 1955 1956 | eBay

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.