Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:38 PM
eric91
New User
eric91 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Doesn't look bad this is an 8ft box? And do you have a thread on how you made your own box?

Old 01-15-2019, 08:39 PM
eric91
New User
eric91 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Marten View Post
Here is a few pics of my box. The truck was stored for over 20 years and I have had it stored for 4 as well. This is what the PO told me and he has been truthful all along. I believe the truck was striped and some sort of primer was sprayed on it and that is what you see now. The rust you see is bleed through the primer. I have taken some sandpaper to it and it goes right to metal with now rust left behind and not steel deterioration. I have 3 tailgates, one good, one fair and one a bit rough. The latches and chains are there but I think one could use replacing. The sides are very straight. The front has a bit of a bow in it probably from loads hitting it, after all it was a truck. I am missing one cross member, not sure what happened there. I have all the metal strips for the box but they are rusty and twisted, probably when the PO took the truck apart. I am not selling the fenders as I am using them on my box. I have built my own box and that is why this one is for sale. Hope the pics are OK as I am not around much during daylight hours. If you need something else let me know.
Side of the box. Yes it is upside down, I have it sitting on a cradle that way.

Inside of the box

front panel from inside

tailgates
Doesn't look bad this is an 8ft box? And do you have a thread on how you made your own box? Edit Quote Multi Quote Quick Reply

Old 01-16-2019, 04:00 PM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.
tonyguns, i have a few of them rims but i am in california, Jess

Old 01-16-2019, 05:00 PM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.mrcman58 has a very good reputation on FTE.
tonyguns, just checked on the rims, i must of sold them last fall at the swap meet, Sorry thought they were still there

Old 01-16-2019, 09:41 PM
Marten
Senior User
Marten is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by eric91 View Post
Doesn't look bad this is an 8ft box? And do you have a thread on how you made your own box?
No it is the regular 6 ft. bed. It is in really good shape. I had thought about keeping it but if I can sell it now along with a few other things I don't need I can put the money into my current build. I have so many ideas but so little time. Any way here is the link to the box I built. Some day soon I will start working on making new fenders.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...rtens-box.html

Old 01-18-2019, 05:59 PM
MIBill
Freshman User
MIBill is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Larry Gene View Post

2 driver and 1 passenger doors for sale. Should fit your "54" ford
Larry Gene, I could use a good driver door. I am in SW MI 49331 zip. could you ship or know of anyone coming this way. not in a hurry, but do need a good useable door. Bill T in Lowell, MI a suburb of Grand Rapids MI

Old 01-18-2019, 06:00 PM
MIBill
Freshman User
I have several as I have purchased doors on ebay that were nt what i had hoped for. ones I have need some work- greatfor a rat rod or so so driver.
This was supposed to be a response to a ost looking for doors for 53 to 55 Fords. Lowell MI

Old 01-29-2019, 05:35 AM
bernette
Posting Guru
bernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to behold
seat springs ! i,m looking for back rest springs. my truck a 1942, i ask on the older forums not getting any offers. not sure if they are the same as the early models . i would need 2 springs , let me know if you would like to sell me some.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:51 AM
Badmoonreizen
Senior User
Badmoonreizen has a good reputation on FTE.Badmoonreizen has a good reputation on FTE.
Try DIY Upholstery, they have springs that might work.
Bar Spring | DIY Upholstery Supply

Regards, Mark.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:18 AM
Larry Gene
New User
Larry Gene is starting off with a positive reputation.
MIBill,
I think that door was priced at $100.00. I can check on shipping costs
and get some type of final price and see if that works for you.
Larry Gene

Old 01-29-2019, 11:34 AM
MIBill
Freshman User
55 door

YES, bill Lowell MI. Options? Greyhound was a shipping option for some parts I bought out of CA

Old 01-29-2019, 11:48 AM
GLR
Posting Legend
GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Badmoonreizen View Post
Try DIY Upholstery, they have springs that might work.
Bar Spring | DIY Upholstery Supply

Regards, Mark.
Good call, Thanks for posting

Also could check with local upholstery shop

Old 01-29-2019, 06:46 PM
bernette
Posting Guru
bernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to beholdbernette is a splendid one to behold
thanks guys i will check it out.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:48 PM
GLR
Posting Legend
GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Old 01-30-2019, 09:18 AM
52 Merc
Post Fiend
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
Maybe it's worse than it looks, but that F1 front clip looks to be way too solid to cut the front off of for a wall hanger. He even clipped an inch off the hood side mouldings. The cab floor and cowl is nice enough it leads me to believe those were good, desirable fenders.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.