For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts. - Page 28 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Reload this Page >

For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts.

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:26 AM
'50'sFever
Junior User
'50'sFever is starting off with a positive reputation.
'56 Side Window Shades... Wanted..

It's been little while since I've asked here. I'm aware of the nice stainless ones available for '53-'55. Need for 1956. Here's image from CJ Pony site. Thank you.

From CJ Pony Parts site

Old 04-07-2018, 06:51 PM
OCDRESTO
Junior User
OCDRESTO is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:07 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
Smile

Wow! I really like that truck.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:55 PM
O'Mahony
New User
O'Mahony is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quicksilver,

I have a 3 speed overdrive trans I want to swap for a good standard short shaft 3 speed. I believe my OD came out of a 56 F100. I would like to make a swap with driveshafts. I live in Carpinteria, Ca just south of Santa Barbara.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:08 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Ive got both from a 56 but I’m in St Louis, MO.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:57 PM
O'Mahony
New User
Hi bjmayberrry2,

To my thinking the distance is a problem. Mo. to Ca. ? I am happy with a straight swap with someone with a decent plug and go standard 3 speed along with a driveshaft swap. I really need to keep my cost down and shipping might be tough. I am hoping at worst to spend a Saturday or Sunday doing a same day turn around half way meet up. Your not driving out to the coast anytime soon...smile?

Old 04-08-2018, 08:07 PM
O'Mahony
New User
DELETE POST "Found Part"

Folks,

I am interested in buying an early style 223 distributor or dist. shaft for my 1954 F100. I need the early style having a slot for the oil pump drive and not the later hex style. I would be very appreciative for an opportunity to purchase this much needed item. Thanks in advance for any help on this. Cheers, tim

Last edited by O'Mahony; 04-11-2018 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Found Part
Old 04-09-2018, 07:50 AM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
No but I wonder if anyone there is going to Grand Nationals?

Old 04-09-2018, 08:42 AM
49fordv8f4
Posting Guru
49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by O'Mahony View Post
Hi bjmayberrry2,

To my thinking the distance is a problem. Mo. to Ca. ? I am happy with a straight swap with someone with a decent plug and go standard 3 speed along with a driveshaft swap. I really need to keep my cost down and shipping might be tough. I am hoping at worst to spend a Saturday or Sunday doing a same day turn around half way meet up. Your not driving out to the coast anytime soon...smile?
You could check with Fastenal. They would probably ship the transmission cheaper than you could drive halfway. You would just have to pick it up at a Fastenal store.
Mark

Old 04-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Branded
Senior User
Branded has a good reputation on FTE.Branded has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 49fordv8f4 View Post
You could check with Fastenal. They would probably ship the transmission cheaper than you could drive halfway. You would just have to pick it up at a Fastenal store.
Mark
i bought a door for a 49 Dodge and had it shipped from Washington State to Indiana thru Fastenal store to store and it cost $150. Very reasonable

Old 04-09-2018, 01:04 PM
bhalemail
Elder User
bhalemail has a good reputation on FTE.bhalemail has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 49fordv8f4 View Post
Mark
Speaking of, i shipped a complete 226 6cyl from PA to Chicago for $150 through Fastenall. I built a crate out of OSB and some framing on a standard size pallet. I'm told it arrived in perfect condition ready to drop in the truck.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:43 PM
56F1004x4
New User
56F1004x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Still have these for sale

Originally Posted by 26tudor View Post
Attachment 180987Still have a set of short running boards for a 48-52 stake body truck very good cond. $175
Hello.

Arw these running boards still for sale? Can you send me dimensions if so

thank you.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:50 PM
BlueOvalRage
Posting Guru
BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wanted: '51-'52 Electric Wiper Linkage

I'm looking for a linkage bar that goes between the motor and the wiper arm shaft to complete my original electric wiper setup. One of mine is missing. There is a short arm and a long arm - I need the short one. It's about 4 inches long with a ball swivel on either end. I'll post a pic of the part I need later tonight. If anyone would happen to have one from a dead or removed electric wiper setup, I'd be happy to purchase it or maybe even trade if you need something. I've got quite a few '48-'52 parts.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:18 PM
pineconeford
Posting Guru
pineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant future
Rage, I have an electric wiper motor for parts and one of the 8" arms. The short one is what I'm missing too. But if anyone needs any motor parts let me know. Tom

Old 04-13-2018, 05:06 AM
BlueOvalRage
Posting Guru
BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a very good reputation on FTE.
Here is a pic of the piece of wiper linkage Iím hunting for:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.