For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts. - Page 26 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Reload this Page >

For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts.

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:23 PM
ddubya
New User
ddubya is starting off with a positive reputation.
1949 F68 4.86 gears

Hello all. I'm new to this forum, and I have been tasked with completing a restoration on this truck.
I'm looking for a usable crown and pinion. 34 and 7 teeth. I have three rear axles assemblies, but none have usable gears.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-24-2018, 02:37 PM
O'Mahony
New User
O'Mahony is starting off with a positive reputation.
TRADE? 3 Speed Over-Drive for Standard 3 Speed

Folks, I have a 3 speed overdrive transmission that runs quietly and currently residing in my 1954 F100. My interest is to trade for a CLEAN standard 3 speed trans. Willing to do a straight trade with someone for the right transmission. Also drive shaft trade to compliment swap. IMO this trade possibility would need to be with someone living in reasonable drive distance of Santa Barbara CA. Thanks for any interest or considerations. tim

Old 02-24-2018, 03:00 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
I have a nice 3 Speed out of my 56 F-100. I tore it down, resealed and added gaskets. I’d love to trade. 1 problem I’m in St Louis, MO.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:46 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ddubya View Post
Hello all. I'm new to this forum, and I have been tasked with completing a restoration on this truck.
I'm looking for a usable crown and pinion. 34 and 7 teeth. I have three rear axles assemblies, but none have usable gears.
Any help would be appreciated.
I’m guessing your asking about a ring & pinion? It would help if we knew what axle is in the truck i.e. Dana model. Hope you’re running a Over Drive transmission with 4.86 to 1 rearend ratio.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:50 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
[QUOTE=bjmayberry2;17822609]I’m guessing your asking about a ring & pinion? It would help if we knew what axle is in the truck i.e. Dana model. Hope your running a Over Drive transmission.[/QUOTE

Look again BJ he did say 4.86

Old 02-24-2018, 03:56 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
Made an edit. John
Looks like the 48 F68 has a lug pattern like the F250s. If so it might be easier to find a newer rear axle, up into the 70s, with a better cruising ratio. That’s what Harrier is trying to do for his 55 F250.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:11 PM
ddubya
New User
ddubya is starting off with a positive reputation.
1949 F68 4.86 rear end ratio gears

Originally Posted by bjmayberry2 View Post
Iím guessing your asking about a ring & pinion? It would help if we knew what axle is in the truck i.e. Dana model. Hope youíre running a Over Drive transmission with 4.86 to 1 rearend ratio.
Sorry I put some details in the title and not in the main body of the post. I'm looking for crown and pinion gears for a 1949 F68 one ton truck. The axle housing is the type that splits in two halves rear axle picture

Old 02-25-2018, 03:29 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by merten View Post
Thanks for the offer, I have my broken glass for a template. Do you know when auto makers stopped using the laminated glass that can be cut?
Most OEM have gone back to laminated glass on high end vehicles because it blocks sound better than tempered glass.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:31 AM
pezsox
Senior User
pezsox is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.pezsox is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
1948 Ford F1 Hubcabs - any condition

I am looking for (4) original hubcaps to fit the original 16" wheel for a 1948 Ford F1. I am going with the original patina on the truck, so condition really doesn't matter to me. Please pm me if you have some available. Thanks

Old 02-27-2018, 08:46 PM
ooraider
Junior User
ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.ooraider has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have a 6cyl. matched up with a 3speed manual transmission out of my 1954 panel truck for sale or trade for a grille bars from a 1948-50 F1.
I'm in NJ . the motor ran but it has been at least 7 or 8 years since I had it running , I drained it of fluids last year and have kept it covered .
If anyone has a 48-50 grille assembly not rusted thru but it can be rough I am interested in buying it.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:51 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
topmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputation

I have a few parts that I didn't use building my truck. Front of bed panel for a 51 or 52 F1, and cold rolled 8' long steel bed strips (no holes). The strips are still unpacked in the shipping tube from Dennis Carpenter (not sure what shipping will cost), the panel would probably be fairly expensive to ship. I am in Houston Tx. The panel is new but has been sitting in my shop and has surface rust. It has been inside for about 6 years, I didn't end up using my bed. Not looking to make money, just want to pass them along for what they are worth to you. Anyone interested PM me. I do have some other items and will be posting them soon.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:30 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Postmaster
Jeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud ofJeff and Nicolle has much to be proud of
Bed strips. PM sent

Old 03-09-2018, 07:35 AM
PACrewCab
Junior User
PACrewCab is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ooraider View Post
If anyone has a 48-50 grille assembly not rusted thru but it can be rough I am interested in buying it.
I have one but it may be rougher than you want. I can pm you a pic. I'm located in PA.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:57 AM
jmadsen
Postmaster
jmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to behold
Full race cam for your 54 239 Y

I'm sure there are lots of you guys out there wishing you had one of these for your 54 Yblock!

No need to fight over these two, I've got plenty to go around for all...
RYB 30 new old stock cam.
If interested throw me an offer, im very reasonable.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:53 PM
PACrewCab
Junior User
PACrewCab is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ooraider View Post
ooraider, Let me know if you are interested in this. No through rust. The holes under the headlight openings were for the factory brush guard support bars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For sale, swap and wanted 48-56 Ford, Mercury trucks & parts.

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.