1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

7.3L PIDs for 2016 - Torque Pro and others.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Hootr
Tuned
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
updateHi everyone, noob to the forum.

First off I would like to thank Tugly, ExPACamper, and Pikachu for all the hard work they have put in to this thread. I greatly appreciate it.

I'm not very tech savvy, but I have gotten most of the gauges to work, thanks to you all.

I want to have an AIT gauge to see the difference from MAT, but I cant find the PID info anywhere. Any help would be great. I thought I saw one at one time but can't seem to find it again.

I have a 2001 F250 7.3

I have also read that my PCM does not have a sensor for ECT, so I am contemplating adding a sensor and gauge, but don't know where put the sensor. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by Hootr; 05-06-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Update: This has an automatic trans
Old 05-06-2017, 12:35 PM
coax9952
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
We tend to use Engine Oil Temp for the same purpose, They're not going to be that far apart...... and I don't think there is a PID for AIT, but I'm Not sure, Bigger brains will follow.....

Old 05-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hootr
Hi everyone, noob to the forum.

First off I would like to thank Tugly, ExPACamper, and Pikachu for all the hard work they have put in to this thread. I greatly appreciate it.

I'm not very tech savvy, but I have gotten most of the gauges to work, thanks to you all.

I want to have an AIT gauge to see the difference from MAT, but I cant find the PID info anywhere. Any help would be great. I thought I saw one at one time but can't seem to find it again.

I have a 2001 F250 7.3

I have also read that my PCM does not have a sensor for ECT, so I am contemplating adding a sensor and gauge, but don't know where put the sensor. Any suggestions?

Thanks
If you are using Torque pro (being assumed as this thread is about the affore mentioned program) check the link in my signature, as that will take you to the FAQ I wrote up (along with the help of Tugly and others) and it covers the common questions and even a few things you may find useful and possibly help get you going, the only sensors your 7.3 (along with most 7.3's as they came from the factory) are going to be EGT (Exhaust gas temp AKA Pyro) gauge(s) and fuel pressure gauge(s)

every thing else more or less has a sensor, depending if your truck is an AUTOMATIC or MANUAL there are subtle differences, you don't seem to mention which type of transmission you have however. if you could provide that info we could better assist you with what you do have and guide you as to what is there on your truck

Welcome to the group!!

Old 05-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Hootr
Tuned
Originally Posted by Jaime74656
If you are using Torque pro (being assumed as this thread is about the affore mentioned program) check the link in my signature, as that will take you to the FAQ I wrote up (along with the help of Tugly and others) and it covers the common questions and even a few things you may find useful and possibly help get you going, the only sensors your 7.3 (along with most 7.3's as they came from the factory) are going to be EGT (Exhaust gas temp AKA Pyro) gauge(s) and fuel pressure gauge(s)

every thing else more or less has a sensor, depending if your truck is an AUTOMATIC or MANUAL there are subtle differences, you don't seem to mention which type of transmission you have however. if you could provide that info we could better assist you with what you do have and guide you as to what is there on your truck

Welcome to the group!!

I have updated my original post with the auto trans.

I have already read the FAQ and have pretty much all the PIDs listed working. I just need to change the short name on a few so I don't get them mixed up.

My plan is to get as many PIDs as I can working and use TP gauges for the ones I want to keep an eye on. I do have Isspro gauges that I installed for Fuel Pressure, EGT, Trans Temp, and Boost and I'm also comparing the reading from those gauges to the Torque Pro app gauges to see if they're somewhat close. The one I don't have right now is the AIT. As more PIDs and Virtual Pids are posted I plan on trying them.

I'm learning as I go along and these forums have been a great help.

You Guys Rock !!

Old 05-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Hootr
Tuned
I did not see a definite response if there's a PID for my AIT or not.
I took a 50 mile drive yesterday up the mountain under 5% grade w/TP and noticed my EOT temp did not go over 100*F. Outside temps were about 65*F. Is this normal? MAT was about 90. TFT did not go over 165 in TP although my Isspro gauge showed approx 7 degrees less. fuel pressure gauge around a 55 constant (bounces a little)

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm unsure what normal should be. Still trying to learn.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:06 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Your EOT sounds like it's reading degrees centigrade for some reason. I have not yet found AIT, but that's not to say it isn't there. It's nice to know your TP TFT gauge is reading the same as your ISSPRO gauge, mine did the same thing before I traded in my TFT gauge for another EGT gauge.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Ballo
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. New user here.

Firstly, I'd like to thank the contributors to this thread. I managed to get some half working PIDs in Torque as a result.

I will note that I tried using the .csv posted by "queen of spades" which he got from "Chipworkz" (the links on the OP are malformed because someone copy/pasted from the web page instead of quoted). This csv lacks Boost. I added Boost from "brandon_oma":
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
Boost
(AKA Manifold Gauge Pressure)
Short Name: Boost
PID: 221440
Units: PSI
Max/Min: 30.0/0.0 (stock) 40.0/0.0 (performance)
Equation: (((A*256)+B)*0.03625)-[221442]
"-[221442]" subtracts the Barometric sensor (located on the PCM on some trucks, external on others) reading from the MAP reading - and this gives you just the boost pressure above atmospheric pressure.
however when I added this to the Chipworkz csv the engine started acting wild and died. Clearing those PIDs stopped that bad behavior so it's definitely that combo which caused the really bad behavior. Not sure why but I thought I'd mention it.

Anyway I did manage to get Boost kinda working by changing the OEM aux Ford PID csv "Boost" to use [221442] instead of BARO(). Please note the built-in csv uses the short name "MAP" for both the MAP and Boost so you might want to edit that, too. The default Barometer gauges don't work at all so I added the Barometer from the Chipworkz. It all seems to work but I'll have to test further. Accelerating from zero in a '95 E350 boost tops out at 12.1 psi.

The gear selection output also doesn't work, however the ForScan one *does* work so maybe someone can figure out a working gear change display from that data. I want to keep track of this because I've been having tranny issues (which hopefully I've solved by buying a new $$$PCM$$$). Using my laptop to run forscan all the time would be a major pain in the butt and I'd rather keep track of it with torque.

I'm also using Torque with a OBDLink SX USB adapter via OTG which seems to be really fast, although not always reliable to begin the transfer. The app seems to take a long time trying various protocols when I already know beforehand which one it ought to use.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:13 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
You might try this [LINK]

Old 07-06-2017, 07:56 AM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Ballo
Hi. New user here.........
Ballo do not use what I was trying with BARO() it does not work properly. I have since got everything working correctly like Tugly has listed. no clue what i was doing wrong back then.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:35 PM
caedo
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is there anyway we can get that csv with all the PIDs from the first page back online? If not it's fine, I can enter them by hand, but I was just feeling a little lazy tonight.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:10 PM
Ballo
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by caedo
is there anyway we can get that csv with all the PIDs from the first page back online? If not it's fine, I can enter them by hand, but I was just feeling a little lazy tonight.
Based on my limited experience, you don't want to use those.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:23 PM
Chipworkz
Tuned
Based on my limited experience, you don't want to use those.
What issue did you have with them? I just loaded them in again after not using them for a while and haven't had a single issue with them. They were all using Tugly's math, it was just an easy way to upload them instead of doing each one at a time.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:37 PM
Ballo
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by Chipworkz
What issue did you have with them? I just loaded them in again after not using them for a while and haven't had a single issue with them. They were all using Tugly's math, it was just an easy way to upload them instead of doing each one at a time.
As per my previous post, I was having issues. It may have to do with the diagnostic preambles or whatever those codes had in the csv. They are absent in the "Ford" csv Torque comes with. That's just a guess, though.

Keep in mind I have the older 7.3 and most people appear to assume everyone has the more modern one.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:27 PM
Chipworkz
Tuned
As per my previous post, I was having issues. It may have to do with the diagnostic preambles or whatever those codes had in the csv. They are absent in the "Ford" csv Torque comes with. That's just a guess, though.

Keep in mind I have the older 7.3 and most people appear to assume everyone has the more modern one.
When you say older, do you mean pre 99? This post is in the 99-03 section so these PID's should work just fine. I have an Early 99 myself.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:47 PM
Ballo
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by Chipworkz
When you say older, do you mean pre 99? This post is in the 99-03 section so these PID's should work just fine. I have an Early 99 myself.
Yes, pre-99. There is no analogous thread for pre-99

Quick Reply: 7.3L PIDs for 2016 - Torque Pro and others.