7.3L PIDs for 2016 - Torque Pro and others. - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

7.3L PIDs for 2016 - Torque Pro and others.

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7.3L PIDs for 2016 - Torque Pro and others.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:29 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Great job getting everything working!

Me being antiquated (like the truck), I can't see stuff that small from that location on the dash. Hell... I can't even see stuff that small right next to me when I'm rolling down the road. I'm a big fan of fewer larger gauges placed on multiple screen I flip through. Page flipping is precisely why I mounted mine at the end of my armrest.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:12 AM
Fadetooblack
New User
Fadetooblack is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have been noticing that my egp gauge runs in the negative when im at higher speeds and also seeing 0 slip, gauge is reporting it works. Also tablet is in airplane mode.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:15 AM
Fadetooblack
New User
Thanks, I have a mount on order hope it comes today... love this old truck except for the 2.5 ton leafs lol, had a 96 in high school and alway regretted selling it, so when this one came up for 1500.00 jumped at it.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:18 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
EBP runs negative? Either the formula has a typo, or you have something wonky going on with your EBP sensor. Out of all those that I have seen fail, they always read high - not low. What are you using for a formula?

Old 03-15-2016, 06:23 AM
Fadetooblack
New User
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
EBP runs negative? Either the formula has a typo, or you have something wonky going on with your EBP sensor. Out of all those that I have seen fail, they always read high - not low. What are you using for a formula?
Egp gauge, and only at 45mph +

Old 03-15-2016, 06:40 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
OK... what does the gauge say with Key On Engine Off?

Old 03-15-2016, 11:05 AM
Fadetooblack
New User

EGP 1.2 when KOEO

Old 03-15-2016, 11:24 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by scotttahoe View Post
I got that same tablet that you are using, somewhat free when I got my new phone. What are you using to charge it in the truck? Mine dies by the next morning even turning off the device.
Try loading "NoRoot Firewall" and deny access to all the apps except what you want to use at the time.

I deny access to Google Play Store, too. When I want to update something or use it for a different purpose, I go ""wide open" by simply turning off NoRoot.

You can also turn off wifi, since you are using bluetooth only to connect to OBD, right?

Not specific to this tablet, but there are big differences in cig plug to USB adapters. Try to get one that does 2.1 amps instead of the much smaller ones. You'd be surprised at the difference

Hopefully this helps.

Old 03-15-2016, 05:58 PM
Fadetooblack
New User
I think I may have a bad sensor,

Driving after 15 min warm up, notice map 16.8 and ebp 17.4, EGP is at 3.3

15 miles down the road, agian notice map and ebp, and egp in negitive.

25 mile trip, in driveway with truck in park.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:30 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
OK... I think I see what's happening here. When using MAP and EBP sensors, I pick just one PID that uses them. EGP or EBP, but not both. MAP or Boost, but not both. No need to get the same story from two different voices at the same time.

It's also possible your BARO sensor is having issues, so reading Boost, BARO, and EGP may make that prairie dog bark.

Oh... and your EBP sensor needs to be cleaned or replaced.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:45 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
scotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to behold
Cool thanks, I will look into getting one of those.

Originally Posted by ExPACamper View Post
Try loading "NoRoot Firewall" and deny access to all the apps except what you want to use at the time.

I deny access to Google Play Store, too. When I want to update something or use it for a different purpose, I go ""wide open" by simply turning off NoRoot.

You can also turn off wifi, since you are using bluetooth only to connect to OBD, right?

Not specific to this tablet, but there are big differences in cig plug to USB adapters. Try to get one that does 2.1 amps instead of the much smaller ones. You'd be surprised at the difference

Hopefully this helps.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:41 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Android "Marshmallow" (version 6) has this feature built right into the OS. Avast has a battery saver feature, where it dishes up a list of battery hogs and you choose what to do about them. My WiFi and Bluetooth remain off until I need them - that alone is a huge battery saver. I do the same thing on my iPhony 4, and I've gone as long as 3 or 4 days without the need for a charge.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:31 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
FYI. My phone updated to Android v6.21

Been using TorquePro without any problems, though it did change my USB settings that threw me for a loop when I tried to download some pics.

I did download another TP update immediately after the upgrade.

So that's a "go" with TorquePro, Android 6, and my generic ELM adapter

Old 03-22-2016, 09:22 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
scotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to beholdscotttahoe is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ExPACamper View Post

Hopefully this helps.
That did the trick for charging. Went to Worst Buy and got a cig adapter rated for 3 amps. Thanks buddy!

Old 03-22-2016, 09:28 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by scotttahoe View Post
That did the trick for charging. Went to Worst Buy and got a cig adapter rated for 3 amps. Thanks buddy!
Awesome!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 7.3L PIDs for 2016 - Torque Pro and others.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.