1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

7.3L PIDs for 2016 - Torque Pro and others.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 02:54 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by scotttahoe
It is bluetooth connection not WiFi.

I will go outside now and try to start the truck with OBDLink plugged in and not running TP.

When you say delete PID's should I delete all or just the custom ones I entered from Tugly's list above?

Edit: Truck fired with OBDLink plugged in and without any Android devices around.
Cool. Easy solution, then...probably have a bad PID formula in Torque Pro.

Depending on what you have done with it, you might be better off to uninstall and reinstall TP, then connect with RPM as the only PID. Make sure the installation and stuff is okay.

Then add maybe 2 or 3 PIDs at a time and test in between.

Hopefully that will get you going

Old 02-21-2016, 03:03 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also, when I entered the PID's from Tugly's list I never hit the test button as I did them inside I just hit the enter button. If that means anything.

I will go ahead and uninstall TP and try it again with just RPM's. I remember a while back when I was on the phone with Rich he said to delete the PID's that have nothing to do with our 7.3, like delete coolant temp and FICM.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:10 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Also, when I entered the PID's from Tugly's list I never hit the test button as I did them inside I just hit the enter button. If that means anything.

I will go ahead and uninstall TP and try it again with just RPM's. I remember a while back when I was on the phone with Rich he said to delete the PID's that have nothing to do with our 7.3, like delete coolant temp and FICM.

I left some of those installed (from TP's custom PID list for Ford), since I do run it on different trucks as needed

Old 02-21-2016, 09:39 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
Ok ExPALCamper (see what I did there)

I did what you mentioned about deleting all the custom PID's and just added RPM. It worked Tomorrow I will start adding 1 by 1 and go from there.

Thanks man!!!

Old 02-21-2016, 09:52 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Ok ExPALCamper (see what I did there)

I did what you mentioned about deleting all the custom PID's and just added RPM. It worked Tomorrow I will start adding 1 by 1 and go from there.

Thanks man!!!
Whoo-hoo!

Old 02-22-2016, 06:27 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
It says OBDLink with a bunch of numbers and some decimal's in it.
Those numbers are the MAC address - it is akin to the device's digital serial number. Every networking device has its own unique MAC address to identify it in a network. Without that unique ID, things can collide while connecting. I have many PCs at work with 4 network cards, each with its own MAC address.

That being said... the cheap clone bluetooth devices frequently have a cloned MAC address. This is not to say the cloned MAC address will collide with other legitimate bluetooth devices in the truck, like phones and wireless microphones - but it can collide with other cloned OBDII adapters in close proximity (like next to you at a traffic light). When using a cloned OBDII adapter, it is remotely possible others can hack into it from outside the truck - by using a known-cloned MAC address. Electric door locks? Trying to use a $20 cloned OBDII adapter may very well be handing nefarious folk a key to the truck.

Scott, Scott, Scott.... Shame on you bud. Way back in the first post on this thread - before the list of PIDs, you will find this:

Critical Note: Please read this first!

Never ever add a gauge while connected with the engine running... no matter how the PID came to you. The data can have an error or a typo in it, so it's best to set up your gauge off-line, then connect to the truck KOEO after everything is set correctly (to the best of your knowledge), then click "test" in the custom PID configuration menu. No data or the truck freaks out? Well... don't put that on your gauge page for sure - until you get a successful test.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:38 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
Hahaha, I read that 5 times making sure I didn't do the exact opposite as usual! I was sitting inside far away from the truck with your list on the computer and added 1 by 1 to the tablet. After each custom PID that was entered near the bottom was 3 options Cancel, Test and Enter. I hit test but a little screen pop up said must be connected to the ECU, so I just hit Enter and continued onto the next PID. My question was, if not hitting "TEST" does that not log the PID correctly.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:44 PM
akorcovelos
Elder User
So do you need to have TP paired to the truck with KOEO to enter a new PID? I've been trying to enter one and keep getting equation errors. If its paired, does it need to validate something in the PCM to accept the PID?

Old 02-22-2016, 01:58 PM
twtcad
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOOB question here.....all 3 of these can not be added as the same time I'm assuming as TP is telling me I have to have a unique name and this one already exists. Or am I missing something?

Old 02-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
You can add a PID without testing, and you can save it - even if it fails the test. Just prepare to log onto the forum and post the following: "...so I went to fire up the truck and nothing just cranks."

I have several instances of PIDs named the same. I tried changing the names on them to make them unique and it was a total fail - they did not pass the test button. What we are left with is to choose only one option for each PID name and roll with it. I chose the Turbo Delta option under Exhaust Back Pressure - far more telling than trying to compare EBP and MAP. I use this as my Filter Minder.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:55 PM
twtcad
Senior User
Thank you Sir.....I will do the same. Getting this all set up so I can get some good readings as I'm getting a surging at idle and trying to maintain highway speeds....beginning the trouble shooting process. I will start a new thread once I get some base line info.

Originally Posted by Tugly
You can add a PID without testing, and you can save it - even if it fails the test. Just prepare to log onto the forum and post the following: "...so I went to fire up the truck and nothing just cranks."

I have several instances of PIDs named the same. I tried changing the names on them to make them unique and it was a total fail - they did not pass the test button. What we are left with is to choose only one option for each PID name and roll with it. I chose the Turbo Delta option under Exhaust Back Pressure - far more telling than trying to compare EBP and MAP. I use this as my Filter Minder.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:54 AM
twtcad
Senior User
Well sorta back to square one......installed all the custom pid's and only 3 of them work, the rest have no response. But when I was messing around in there I noticed they already had pid's setup for the 7.3l powerstroke, I installed them and they worked but the names are off from yours I will have to compare them and see if I can rename the short name so I know for sure what they are

Old 03-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Fadetooblack
New User
Thanks.

Thanks to Tug,Pik and others for the scan info,

and correct way to set up Torque Pro on a cream puff 1996 F350 with only 84k on it.

Torque on 1996 F350, 84k miles.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:53 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
I got that same tablet that you are using, somewhat free when I got my new phone. What are you using to charge it in the truck? Mine dies by the next morning even turning off the device.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:16 AM
Fadetooblack
New User
Verizon turbo car charger, plus stripped every app off that i could, also went in and disabled all the factory apps I dont need. Yeah free one that never got used lol, it will last two days for me.

Quick Reply: 7.3L PIDs for 2016 - Torque Pro and others.