7.3L PIDs for 2016 - Torque Pro and others. - Page 11 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

7.3L PIDs for 2016 - Torque Pro and others.

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7.3L PIDs for 2016 - Torque Pro and others.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:01 PM
Chipworkz
Senior User
Chipworkz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Chipworkz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Ballo View Post
Yes, pre-99. There is no analogous thread for pre-99
Ok got it, the person asking for the csv file has a 2000 and a 2003 so any of the PID's that Tugly has come up with or that are in the csv file should work just fine. I can't comment on a pre 99 as I don't have first hand experience with those.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:16 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
From what little I've learned on the differences... the OBS needs the header, where the SD can have the header left on Auto.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:52 AM
Ballo
Freshman User
Ballo is starting off with a positive reputation.
That's odd considering I have a '96

Edit: None of my PIDs have headers. I've only had problems with PIDs that have headers

Old 07-20-2017, 02:50 PM
caedo
Senior User
caedo has a good reputation on FTE.caedo has a good reputation on FTE.
So... what's the status of the csv?

Old 07-21-2017, 04:38 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
I'm technical support for a packing co-op, and Cherry season (24/7 packing schedule) is doing its best to kill me before I retire. I might take some time to tinker with my own version of the CSV after cherry season and a vacation on lake Roosevelt (Washington).

Old 07-21-2017, 10:23 AM
Chipworkz
Senior User
Chipworkz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Chipworkz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I will post the csv shortly.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:28 AM
caedo
Senior User
Roger that

Old 10-14-2017, 09:13 PM
Hootr
Freshman User
Hootr is starting off with a positive reputation.
TPD Readings

[QUOTE=
[B]Exhaust Back Pressure[/B]
(Turbo Pressure "Delta" or "Differential" variation)
Short Name: TPD
PID: 221445
Units: PSI
Max/Min: 30.0/0.0 (stock) 40.0/0.0 (performance and/or engine braking)
Equation: (((A*256)+B)*0.03625)-[221440]
This one is fun, but it can be confusing at first. Everybody has boost, but EBP or EGP can be difficult to compare with while driving. Instead of those, you really want to know the difference in pressure between the exhaust and compressor side of the turbo - and the TPD gauge shows just that. KOEO should read zero on Boost and TPD, and this gauge will instantly show the performance of the turbo, EBPV, and any engine braking you may have.

With KOEO I get a TPD of 14.2 psi, Boost 0.2, EGP 0.2 I think it's added my Baro of 12.2 (Denver Area) Subtracting Baro would bring it to 2. Is that what it's doing? How did you get the TPD to show 0 KOEO? Watching egp and boost at WOT seem to have a diff of about 5-10 psi with chip set at 80hp DD. Can I get the TPD to display the difference w/o the baro added?
Also, what psi difference would i need to see to show me if I had a problem?
My truck is 01 powerstroke 7.3 auto, 4" mbrp turbo back exhaust, SB CAI, DP F6 tuner, guages, low miles
Still learning, Thanks.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:49 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
I think you just pointed out a flaw in my thread. The PIDs available by scanning with TP yield a MAP or a Boost PID to choose from. I chose the Boost, then I made the TDP PID separately. My thread shows how to make a Boost PID from the MAP PID... but if you create the Boost PID as opposed to grabbing the stock one to display - this can cause the problem you have. I need to explain this in future PID threads.

I've seen many logs where the TPD can climb over 10 PSI with a stock turbo. Stock power typically brings the TPD no higher than 5 PSI. My TPD pretty much stayed in the 0-2 PSI range all the way up to the limits of the MAP and EBP sensors, but I have a 38R with my fuel mods. I have since added a boost fooler to protect the MAP sensor.

Old 10-24-2017, 01:38 PM
Joshua Dishong
New User
Joshua Dishong is starting off with a positive reputation.
TFT Help

I'm attempting to get a good OBDii gauge display setup using OBDFusion on iOS, the app came with pack of exteneded PID's for ford and I've got Boost, EOT, ICP, and FIPW all working and reading in the normal ranges for my mostly stock 99.5. The Trans Temp PID is not returning any data...the OBDFusion app information as entered and verified to match on the OP list is:

Module/Header TCM
OBD Mode 22
PID Number 1674
Priority High
Equation ((A*256)+B)/8

I wondered if maybe the E99/OBS code provided by pikachu might work, since my build date is 1/99 and I know from research that while 12/98 is the cutoff there can be some "fuzzy" stuff until build dates after 3/99...but when I enter C410F1 in the header the app replies invalid header and sets it back to TCM...

99.5 F250 CCLWB 2WD 85k stock except for a 6637 intake mod

Again, as is the guage returns no data...so I'm wondering if my PID Number is different, or if I have a bad sensor (though no other codes to speak of, and it was scanned by a Ford dealer on pre-purchase inspection about 2200 miles ago)

I'm about to head out with the TT on a 3 hour trip with the family this weekend so I'd like to get my eyes on the trans temp to get some baseline beforehand...

Thanks!

Old 11-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Joshua Dishong
New User
Joshua Dishong is starting off with a positive reputation.
Trying to give a bump without starting a whole new thread...anybody have any suggestions?

Old 05-14-2018, 01:39 PM
ymmot60
New User
ymmot60 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello everyone, relatively new to this sight. Recently acquired TP & OBDII dongle to troubleshoot problem with my 7.3 TD (2003 F250 Crew, 419,000 miles, original injectors & GP's). I've set up the TP including many of the custom PID's. I'm getting ICP-V readings & HPOP pressure readings but I can not get the FICM sync, Sync (cam/crank sensor) or FMP to read anything.

Symptoms: If truck is left for a day or two, or it is cold (So CA cold) the engine starts with a rough idle/low power situation. The degree of severity changes. Once the engine warms up it goes away. If I drive for a few minutes until warm, turn off then restart it runs smooth. If I drive it continuous takes a little longer to smooth out. I recently had to change out the water pump (first time), new thermostat and a new EVBP sensor and cleared (wasn't blocked) tube. Thought it might be the ICP but since I'm reading voltage there that would rule out PCM defaulting.
I'm a little on sensory overload with all the information I've been reading. My question is two-fold. Why am I not able to get reading for Ficm Synch,FMP, VGT, etc... and, what could be the source of the rough idle/rough run until warm? Note: I have not experienced long cranking / no starts. No codes.

Thanks.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:07 PM
caedo
Senior User
1) You're not getting readings for those PIDs because they are 6.0 features which your 7.3 does not posses.
2) The lazy answer here is your injectors are LONG past their lifetime. Replacing them may not resolve your issue entirely, but without new injectors it's going to be very difficult to pinpoint any other culprit with the symptoms you are having.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:35 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by caedo View Post
1) You're not getting readings for those PIDs because they are 6.0 features which your 7.3 does not posses.
2) The lazy answer here is your injectors are LONG past their lifetime. Replacing them may not resolve your issue entirely, but without new injectors it's going to be very difficult to pinpoint any other culprit with the symptoms you are having.
This... plus the glow plugs are certainly due. New glow plugs, UVCHs, and using 5w-40 oil could help - but it's best you start saving up for a set of injectors.

Oh... and there is a 2018 thread on the PIDs.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:28 AM
MeTo
Freshman User
MeTo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.MeTo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just a thanks Tug for all your effort. Having a 97, I do need to do some fiddling. An OBS version of the csv file would be convenient.