1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Newbie here with '66 F-100

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 08:41 AM
JS13
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Newbie here with '66 F-100

Great site, looking forward to getting this baby in tip-top shape. I have photos of all the outside angles in my gallery. I think this is a sweet truck. A little TLC and she'll be good to go.

John

Old 08-06-2003, 10:07 AM
truckfarmer
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! Enjoy that sweet 66. It is a very nice truck.

Old 08-06-2003, 08:39 PM
hermanar
New User

Great looking truck. It looks a lot like my '66 F100 Camper Special that I just bought in July (See my gallery). Is yours the Camper Special? I would love to see some pictures of the inside. I'm a sucker for those old dashes. I just love old trucks, because they have so much style. Enjoy your ride. I'm sure enjoying mine.

Old 08-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Andysutt
Postmaster

Nice truck. Only thing I could see I'd do to it is get another front bumper w/o the push part of it.
Im not that fond of those
But that truck is great looking

Old 08-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Rosati
Postmaster

Nice looking ride. How'd you come to own it? Was it already refurbished?

Old 08-09-2003, 09:24 AM
JS13
New User

I took a different way home one day for who knows what reason and there it was sitting outside a local business with a for sale sign on it.

The previous owner had gotten it from his grandfather, who bought it when a guy was forced to sell it for cash in the early 70's and it had been in their family ever since. No restoration has been done to this point, it has been well kept. Except for that custom bent front bumper (he threw that in for free. LOL)

Current plans are to have it checked out by someone far more mechanically inclined than myself. I want to keep it as original as possible. Dash cover needs replacement. Radio antenna is missing. Basic tune up, brakes & shocks, etc. And a paint job. Windows could stand replacement. They are getting that cloudy white stuff around the edges and the seals are cracked. I want to get some original appearing wheels? Any help appreciated in tracking that down.

Overall I'd say it was an excellent for 2K? I got it to have a cool truck and to drive to church on sunday's, weekend rides in the country, etc. Won't be a daily driver, I have a sport trac for that.

Any restoration ideas or input welcomed.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:15 PM
ddavidv
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John,
Very good price. I paid $2600 for mine and I don't think it was quite as nice though a bit more original (only a repaint several years ago).
The antenna, bumper and so on are all available new/repro. The dash pads are expensive though.
Looks almost like mine, but I think the roof should be red. You can see mine here: http://www.mongrelmotorsports.homestead.com

Old 08-09-2003, 06:15 PM
JS13
New User

Thanks, he did say it had been painted and the guy messed up. The roof should be red. I didn't think about it until just now.

Good looking truck you have.

I do want to correct the paint miscue when I get it re-done.

I was going over it a little this morning, looks like someone was vey hard on the column shifter going into 2nd gear, it has a stress crack where the lever meets the little tab slot on the column.

I had bought a dash cover on ebay real cheap, it over only covers the top portion, but thats where the cracks are.

Good input, keep it coming.