Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

48 F1 Jeepers Creepers

Old 04-11-2016, 03:50 PM
dennisb56
Posting Guru
dennisb56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dennisb56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Great job, it looks better than when it was brand new!

Old 04-12-2016, 01:46 AM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Mervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to behold
All I can say is "wow", awesome piece of jewelry. Great work.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:23 PM
killjoybjg
New User
killjoybjg is starting off with a positive reputation.
Got the gas tank mounted up and used original skid plate and brackets off the cherokee, fit like a glove with a few mods. Thanks 48steel for all his help now just gotta figure out which fuel lines go to which and run them in stainless tubing and swagelok. Also got the insides of the rims painted and the new lug nuts installed.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:36 AM
schoo
Postmaster
schoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to behold
Where is the fuel fill going to be and are you going to have to notch the frame

Old 04-24-2016, 04:22 PM
killjoybjg
New User
hopefully i can turn it out either into the bed or into the top of the fender, not quite sure yet on how things are gonna work out until i get my body back. Hopefully i won't have to notch the frame again and can get a short radius turn in there to fit.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Daniels54
Senior User
Daniels54 has a good reputation on FTE.Daniels54 has a good reputation on FTE.Daniels54 has a good reputation on FTE.
Great build! I love the suspension swap while keeping the outside patina. Clean motor and trans. Great fabrication, it's nice to see builders not afraid to cut and weld a little.

Are you planning on rebuilding the IRS? I'm assuming it's a jaguar???

Old 05-03-2016, 12:34 PM
vicp21
Senior User
vicp21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm guessing a irs from a Thunderbird.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:32 PM
killjoybjg
New User

Fuel line partially done waiting on filter.

Rear Fender is an inch shy of fitting gonna have to rethink for a bit!

Old 06-09-2016, 06:37 PM
killjoybjg
New User
Thanks everyone, not scared to cut and weld at all, welding instructor by trade. 95' Thunderbird IRS and it works fine not gonna have to rebuild it, maybe just bushings and new hubs. Just got all my body parts back this weekend and did some mock up, needs lots of work on the interior floorboards. Once thats done and interior painted Ill start to reassemble. Really hope I haven't overlooked anything, all advice is welcome, thanks to everyone on this sites builds. If it weren't for your trial and error i wouldn't be this far.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:05 AM
Brucekoukalaka
Senior User
Brucekoukalaka is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think you'd best do something about the brake calipers on the front, they're on the wrong sides! The bleeders should be at the top.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:27 AM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold
That is a ton of work . Keep it up . As stated in the previous post might be tough getting the air out of the front brakes w/ the bleeder on the bottom . Good eye .
What is the rear out of ?

Old 02-01-2017, 05:51 PM
48 Steel
Elder User
48 Steel is a splendid one to behold48 Steel is a splendid one to behold48 Steel is a splendid one to behold48 Steel is a splendid one to behold48 Steel is a splendid one to behold48 Steel is a splendid one to behold48 Steel is a splendid one to behold48 Steel is a splendid one to behold
This looks familiar. GREAT work. FYI on the gas tank filler. Because the fill inlet is so close to the bottom of the bed wood I had to make a screw in stand tube to fill the tank. If you run it to the fender you will have to notch the frame.

Name:  100_3080_zpsqxgvibxk.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  91.2 KB

Old 03-02-2018, 10:51 PM
killjoybjg
New User
Anyone have any advice on wiring the new 12v alternator, coil, and solenoid? Having some dumb issues with starter being constantly hot, ignition, and switch?! I'm a noob when it comes to wiring and have tried a million different configurations and still same result and advice, pics, or diagrams would be appreciated thank you.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:47 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
I would check your body ground wire. Make sure there is no corrosion and that it is making a good connection on both ends.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:56 PM
killjoybjg
New User

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 48 F1 Jeepers Creepers

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.